CFZ With our Legacy would you have went all in like the Rams to win our 6th Superbowl?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Sounds like we have some fans that don’t believe in going all in! Kinda like Jerry.

With our legacy( 5 Superbowl wins and 8 Superbowl appearances) or even without our legacy( the Rams legacy), I would go ALL in with the team we have right now!

Our legacy right now, is just below, New England and Pittsburghs legacies, and equal to the Whiners legacy. Everyone else is looking up at our legacy. This is after 27 LONG years of failure in the playoffs!!

I know some of you don’t think we can win a Superbowl with Dak, but WE can!
I know our D played well in the playoffs, but we all know, it could have played better( the long drive the Whiners had, the Whiners scored easily before the half). The D needs a couple of elite pieces to be a TRULY dominant D. We need an elite run stuffing DT to pair with Hankins, an elite LBer, Bobby Wagner, to free up Micah( add 15 pounds and rush the passer more) and possibly an upgrade at CB, though I do like our young CB’s.

With a few moves for the Defense, we will still have the draft capital, FA, and possible trades to improve our offense( a 2nd receiver, possible upgrades on the O line, and a middle round draft choice to replace Zek)

With a truly DOMINANT D and a strong running game, Dak can JUST drive the bus.

We need to go all in THIS YEAR to STRENGTHEN our LEGACY!

A SUPERBOWL victory puts us at the top of the NFL mountain!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yes, to raise another SB trophy after almost 3 decades of has-beens. It would have been a no brainer if this organization had a real GM. Unfortunately, JJ is making more money than he knows what to do with it and he doesn't have to answer to anyone for his non-moves.
It’s not to late for Jerry to change. When he won 3 Superbowls in 4 years in the 90’s, he was not afraid to take chances and make bold moves( see Haley and Deon)!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like we have some fans that don’t believe in going all in! Kinda like Jerry.

With our legacy( 5 Superbowl wins and 8 Superbowl appearances) or even without our legacy( the Rams legacy), I would go ALL in with the team we have right now!

Our legacy right now, is just below, New England and Pittsburghs legacies, and equal to the Whiners legacy. Everyone else is looking up at our legacy. This is after 27 LONG years of failure in the playoffs!!

I know our D played well in the playoffs, but we all know, it could have played better( the long drive the Whiners had, the Whiners scored easily before the half). The D needs a couple of elite pieces to be a TRULY dominant D. We need an elite run stuffing DT to pair with Hankins, an elite LBer, Bobby Wagner, to free up Micah( add 15 pounds and rush the passer more) and possibly an upgrade at CB, though I do like our young CB’s.

With a few moves for the Defense, we will still have the draft capital, FA, and possible trades to improve our offense( a 2nd receiver, possible upgrades on the O line, and a middle round draft choice to replace Zek)

Getting Jerry to go all-in is the worst idea in the history of sports.

Jerry went all-in and traded two 1st round picks for Joey Galloway.

Jerry made OG Leonard David the highest paid player in the NFL for 2007. Higher than any QB...

They can spend more in free agency without going all-in.

There are many potential upgrades at DT for a mid-scale contract. It does not have to be the most expensive free agent DT.

They will sign a significant free agent WR or trade for a WR. That is a near-guarantee. It will be OBJ or better.

If Dan Quinn really pushes for Wagner, then there is a high probability of signing him. They had to make promises to Quinn to get him to stay. If they sign Wagner they won't sign LVE. Don't be shocked if Quinn moves Parsons back to LB for 2023. He played LB the majority of 2021 and that worked out quite well.the tag was

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Every year two or three teams go "all in". There are no guarantees. If they go "all in" and don't win a Super Bowl, the results could be devastating.
The results are already devastating. No Superbowl appearances in 27 years. Playoff appearances don’t matter, Superbowl appearances do.

There is only 1 winner in the NFL every year. Everyone else is a loser.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Getting Jerry to go all-in is the worst idea in the history of sports.

Jerry went all-in and traded two 1st round picks for Joey Galloway.

Jerry made OG Leonard David the highest paid player in the NFL for 2007. Higher than any QB...

They can spend more in free agency without going all-in.

There are many potential upgrades at DT for a mid-scale contract. It does not have to be the most expensive free agent DT.

They will sign a significant free agent WR or trade for a WR. That is a near-guarantee. It will be OBJ or better.

If Dan Quinn really pushes for Wagner, then there is a high probability of signing him. They had to make promises to Quinn to get him to stay. If they sign Wagner they won't sign LVE. Don't be shocked if Quinn moves Parsons back to LB for 2023. He played LB the majority of 2021 and that worked out quite well.the tag was
Jerry went all in to get Deon and Hailey. How did that workout?

Going all in means taking chances. Using FA and trades not just the draft.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I don’t want to go “all in.”

Not necessary…..but it would it hurt to sign a higher end free agent once every dozen years??

How they don’t realize that their strategy hasn’t worked and change it at least a little is the most frustrating part.
When you had the team we had last year, we could have made a couple moves in FA to make things easier for Dak. If we had spent another 10-15 million and picked up a legitimate 2nd receiver, and a stud DT, we might have beat the Whiners, Eagles and Chiefs. ALL those teams were definitely beatable!!!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
When you feel you have a team that is good enough to compete for the ship, you HAVE to go all in that season. No one is guaranteed anything. I am not saying you make bad or stupid trades and handcuff your team in the near future....but you make bolder decisions in plugging weaknesses, that is where smart GM earned their pay. Or you can do what Jerry and son are doing playing it safe and going nowhere 28 years and running. That is what uninformed, confused, weak FO do.....stay status quo due to fear and ignorance.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has made it crystal clear that “going all in” is not something this organization is comfortable with. They seem comfortable enough being “close” (as in top 8 once in a while) and comfortable enough with their track record to not make any structural changes at the top. That speaks volumes and not in a good way.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Every year two or three teams go "all in". There are no guarantees. If they go "all in" and don't win a Super Bowl, the results could be devastating.
Can't be worse than what Jerry has done these past three decades. Maybe could have won two or three had he gone all in during that span at one time or another. Going all in does not mean you are buying a team of All Pros....means you are plugging your weaknesses that year with dependable and undisputed talent.

basel90

Reaction score

we should go all in every now and then to win a SB , this is a well known tactic by many teams after FA. You cannot keep everyone after winning a SB unless you have an elite QB like Brady who is willing to give his team a discount to win ,. We don't have that type of QB not a GM with the acumen or long vision to put such a team . Jerry likes a steady flow of winning seasons and hates losing seasons, as it hurts his ego and leads to a declining business volume as a result. Heck the bengals and rams and KC and the eagles , tampa have figured things out while jerry is meandring , in circles.