With Preseason Over, What'cha Got? Predict Our Record This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our true reality will come to full force when we go 5-11 or 4-12.....Dak will be gone as a starter and come spring time we will discussing in full force which QB with our top 5 pick we will be selecting.....Defense will be better but not enough to save us as our offense will be anemic once again with TD being once again a luxury.....the check-down King Mr. Prescott will once again be the main reason our upcoming season heads south of the border as one might say....Hopefully JG gets axed and the dreams of investing heavily on off-lineman instead of coaching them will come to a end and a new QB who DC don't even dare to 8 in the box Zeke....Viva Boys fan after this coming season it will only get better....

ESisback

Reaction score
Dak will have a better year than 2017, and the defense will be better. Hopefully, the idiots will shut up!

mrmojo

Reaction score
Could be 12-4 or 4-12...its really on how Dak progresses. Im saying 9-7, NFC is just too tough.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Right now yeah, 8-8 or 9-7. Progression will be off-set by lack of clear-cut #1 TE and injury to Frederick.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I was thinking 8-8 prior to PS. I'm thinking more like 6-10 or 7-9 now. We're already dealing with injuries which will keep us under .500 when all is said and done...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Dang based on all these predictions I can't see how everyone is negative here but so positive in the Will McClay is great thread

These two threads are in conflict with each other.

If McClay is great then we should have a decent team with decent depth. Not saying great or elite but decent. Now with just one injury to the starting center, and the return of Gregory how can we expect so little from our team?

Do we have great personnel like the McClay thread suggests or do we suck.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Have to see that first game to get some kind of a read on this team. We didn’t see Zeke all preseason and not much of Dak either. The defense looked legit but no scheming was done to take advantage of their weaknesses. It’s hard to believe the offense is gonna be very much better than what we saw last year late. Zeke came back against Sea and the offense still looked like crap. I don’t have the confidence in the offensive coaches to out coach their opponents. If the defense is as good as they have shown in the preseason 10 wins maybe 11is possible if the offense is at least average to slightly above average. We should know after week 3 what this team really is. With all this being said my best guess today is the offense won’t be as bad as the end of last year but will be slightly below average and the defense will be really good but not good enough to propel them 10 wins. It smells like 8-8.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Dang based on all these predictions I can't see how everyone is negative here but so positive in the Will McClay is great thread

These two threads are in conflict with each other.

If McClay is great then we should have a decent team with decent depth. Not saying great or elite but decent. Now with just one injury to the starting center, and the return of Gregory how can we expect so little from our team?

Do we have great personnel like the McClay thread suggests or do we suck.

Most of the predictions in this thread are positive.

calico

Reaction score
this weed giving me visions ...the 8 ball is showing me 88. the offseason of dez will roll over to 8-8 this year.

red ball and his process will continue on into

il_fullxfull.415646894_fk4w.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I refuse to let anything that I've seen this preseason to alter my expectations or prediction, I stand firm at 11 and 5.

Go Cowboys:flagwave:
I'm with you TF. It’s a little easier to swallow those 4 PS loses knowing that Zeke didn’t play in any of those games and Dak and the Oline sat out the final two games.:thumbup:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I've been thinking 10-6 since camp opened and nothing has happened to change that opinion.

Just a side note- the last time the Cowboys had a winless preseason was 2014. They went 12-4 and were arguably a Dez Bryant-non-catch call away from the NFC Championship Game. (Note I said "arguably").

Status
Not open for further replies.