With Stevenson out again Zeke gets another start against KC today

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Another chance to watch our boy do his thing. Though the Pats line absolutely stinks and the Chiefs D is pretty good I think Zeke will put up some decent numbers because he will be the main dog and get most of the work. As long as the game stays close his pounding on the defense will eventually lead to some big gains later in the game. Last week against the Steelers he sent 4 defenders to the sidelines. Including one to IR if I recall correctly. Tacklin that dude is hazardous work!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yep. Going in the fantasy lineup
Yeah KC's pass defense is top 6 but the run defense gives up 4.6 ypc. Sprinkle that in with some December New England weather and Zeke should have 30 carries today and absolutely bludgeon that KC front seven!

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another chance to watch our boy do his thing. Though the Pats line absolutely stinks and the Chiefs D is pretty good I think Zeke will put up some decent numbers because he will be the main dog and get most of the work. As long as the game stays close his pounding on the defense will eventually lead to some big gains later in the game. Last week against the Steelers he sent 4 defenders to the sidelines. Including one to IR if I recall correctly. Tacklin that dude is hazardous work!
Whelp. This didn’t age well….

:laugh: :lmao2:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well, your boy Zeke bludgeoned the Chiefs for 25 yards on 11 carries ands 5 receptions for 21 yards. Hilarious.
They didn't use him.. He has no control over that. They decided for whatever reason to put the game on Bailey Zappe... which worked out really well for them..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Really? Your boy Zeke was given 16 touches.

In what world does that equate to “didn’t use him”?

:omg:
11 carries and 5 receptions for your starting workhorse running back is a joke. And all but one of the receptions was a last minute dumpoff. The weather and game situation dictated that his carries be at least twice that. Frankly it should have approached 30 carries. It was a one score game most of the way yet the Pats kept dialing up passes until Zappe finally threw the back breaking pick.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You need to accept that Elliott is done. 3.6 yards on almost 150 carries this year. 50 carries for 145 yards his last three games
I'm not going to judge him on the average given how crappy their line is. He's having to make miracles just to get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time. When they actually block for him he's done well. Unfortunately those instances have been rare.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not going to judge him on the average given how crappy their line is. He's having to make miracles just to get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time. When they actually block for him he's done well. Unfortunately those instances have been rare.
Stevenson is averaging almost a half a yard more per carry on more carries. And Stevenson is no world beater. Zeke is done, deal with it

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Stevenson is averaging almost a half a yard more per carry on more carries. And Stevenson is no world beater. Zeke is done, deal with it
The only reason Stevenson's average is better is HIS longest run was not called back for holding. Zeke has lost a 76 yard catch and run and at least two 30+ yard runs owing to some really ticky tacky holding calls. I don't expect you to know that because you probably don't watch the games just read the stat sheets. Take away Stevenson's 64 yarder (untouched by the way) and his average is pretty much the same as Zeke's. Zeke has also had the misfortune of being the lead back in the "Bailey Zappe" era.. and defenses are paying even less attention to their passing attack (or lack thereof) than they were when Jones was starting.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The only reason Stevenson's average is better is HIS longest run was not called back for holding. Zeke has lost a 76 yard catch and run and at least two 30+ yard runs owing to some really ticky tacky holding calls. I don't expect you to know that because you probably don't watch the games just read the stat sheets. Take away Stevenson's 64 yarder (untouched by the way) and his average is pretty much the same as Zeke's. Zeke has also had the misfortune of being the lead back in the "Bailey Zappe" era.. and defenses are paying even less attention to their passing attack (or lack thereof) than they were when Jones was starting.
How are you related to Zeke? Is this your nephew? Cousin?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
“Buh, buh, if you takeaway this run and then add 30+ yards to a run Zeke should have had, and factor in the wind speed his average looks much better.”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
IMG-1011.jpg
Small faction of fanbois still refuse to see the trend:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Ronnie is either blind or a sadist. His constant comments defending a slow, washed up, and weak Zeke are downright embarrasing.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL!... Where's all the haters today? Zeke looked pretty spry hurdling that dude didn't he? Didn't even break stride. The Pats line stinks out loud so his running numbers are going to suffer. Yet he stepped up and helped his team win a game.. again.. What's that? 2 out of 3 since he took over as the starter? Both wins against teams in the playoff hunt. Weird isn't it? It's almost like Zeke's still a good football player and that having him on your team makes you better.. Just a thought..