Twitter: With the 16th pick, Dallas Cowboys draft. who?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Sounds like excuses to me. No one forced him to play. Again, he’s being detrimental to this team. We could’ve made Devin Smith active in his times of injury. Like Dak, he’s holding the team down by playing with injury.

That is a coaching issue more than a player issue IMO.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We have to know who the coaches are going to be.

A new coach will have priority on where he wants to begin..

DL is always a priority but we have sucked with picks like Taco and Hill.

So unless Marinelli and Richard are gone..

even having a top 16 pick promises nothing.

After that, probably LBer with Lee limited and now Wolf Hunter probably on a pitch count with his neck.

CB and safety remain priorities as we know with Jones probably not being resigned and still having guys like Heath and others not really getting better.

So what happens with Amari Cooper? We now see he is fragile and has issues and Cobb probably is not resigned as his production was nowhere near what it should be.

So I see plenty of roster spots needing help.

Best player available.

Easy..

All your speculation on who gets resigned and who doesn't and the order of priority in drafting is just that speculation or uninformed guessing. That's all fine to do but down the line a bit someone else is going to post something like "I read something that said the Cowboys have decided to not resign Cooper and Jones and have already said defensive line is their top priority in the draft." Since the Cowboys have more money in the upcoming cap than they have EVER had since the cap started, maybe we all should let the Cowboys decide who they resign and what positions they intend on prioritizing for the draft.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Thats kinda the concern.

This is the 2nd time he's dissapeared in the 2nd half of the season in the last 3 years (2017 and 2019) due to leg injuries. Some of the fans and possibly the new coaching staff could be worried about throwing Amari not only 3 years of guranteed money but 3 years of high dollar money.

If he gets signed to a 5 year deal then i'll be happy for him but also holding my breath everytime I see him play
Amari agreed to the trade becuz Dallas paid some of his money out in advance and promised they would extend him as a paid top WR.

And spending a #1 pick to get him etches it in stone for now.

Having Gallop helps Cooper even more. Cooper does not have to carry anything except his own play as a result.

I have never in 50+ years of following this team seen us have 2 1000 yd. WRs AND a 1000 yd. RB at the same time.

Normally this would insure a playoff team.

Not with this team.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Do. Not. Care
Exactly, they act like he's Julio Jones playing hurt and producing like nothing is wrong. He's still the same dude who pouts in games, disappears late in the season, and is a front runner. Literally Cowboys fans praise him for everything that drove Raiders fans crazy about him. The big game then several below his talent level. Horrible drops. Hey at least he's going to the pro bowl @WillieBeamen we need the players in Orlando. Forget the Super bowl. The fact no one sees how bad the Cooper trade is long term frustrates me.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Traded to NY Jets for Jamal Adams.

I wouldn't mind that, although there is a good chance a premium S or TE drops to our pick at around the 15th spot.

No one really wants to hear there, but in the offseason there will only be a couple of holes to fill and a pile of cash available for free agents.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that, although there is a good chance a premium S or TE drops to our pick at around the 15th spot.

No one really wants to hear there, but in the offseason there will only be a couple of holes to fill and a pile of cash available for free agents.

Agreed. I just want a difference maker. I think the Cowboys will go away from their passive, bend don't break soft zones and use their personnel to be more aggressive. This team is built to be an attacking, downhill defense. Adams could fit that mold perfectly.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully serious consideration is given to FS or TE1
TE seem more likely than Safety considering their history with regards to drafting Safeties.

Probably ends up being a DL or WR if they decide to tag Cooper. CB is a consideration.

KingRah

Reaction score
I fully expect us to blow the draft just like we did in 2008. we drafted a part time back in Felix jones when we could've drafted way better players. We also drafted Mike Jenkins when we couldn't had Talib or other better players.

KingRah

Reaction score
TE seem more likely than Safety considering their history with regards to drafting Safeties.

Probably ends up being a DL or WR if they decide to tag Cooper. CB is a consideration.
Te would be a waste. TE's don't get much seperation. They play a style similar to Dez. They're physical and catch in traffic. you need to qb with accuracy to utilize those types of players.

KingRah

Reaction score
I think of this draft as:

Solid round one WR talent, moreso in the back half
Weakest TE draft I can ever remember
DT depth is limited compared to 2019 draft
Excellent CB depth through about 10-12 guys
the cb depth sounds like 2017 when we passed on better players and took Awuzie and never used him right.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
the cb depth sounds like 2017 when we passed on better players and took Awuzie and never used him right.

CB is definitely something to consider though safety depth is quite good with Simmons, Delpit and McKinney all in the mix in the teens.

KingRah

Reaction score
CB is definitely something to consider though safety depth is quite good with Simmons, Delpit and McKinney all in the mix in the teens.
They need to look for physicality and ball skills. Chido has size and speed but no awareness or ball skills.
My dream is. al Harris type.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
They need to look for physicality and ball skills. Chido has size and speed but no awareness or ball skills.
My dream is. al Harris type.
Awuzie had ball skills in college. But someone on the staff prefers his corners to faceguard and not turn back for the football. Whether this is RM, KR or Red, they all can go away this week.
It has to be in the coaching because udfa's always come in abd get INTs in preseason, then get it coached out of them, or at least I feel it is that way.