Twitter: With the 16th pick, Dallas Cowboys draft. who?

Valkyr

Reaction score
Athletic TE, please. At least someone who runs faster than a corpse.

I've given up on them caring about safety.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Show me stats that don't involve garbage time please. Subtract 200 yards from that packers game. He threw all those dumb, stat padding yards in that game. Take away those TD's too. Packers went into prevent. That's 23 TD's, and around 4300 yards now.

Bears game, same thing. Take away his 2 trash time TD's and 200 yards in garbage time. That's around 4100 yards and 21 TD's.

Bills game, same thing. Take away that final trash time TD and the 200 yards in garbage time. Thats 3900 yards and 20 TD's.

I would say take away his TD's from the Saints, 2nd Philly game, and Pats game, but he didn't have any in those games :rolleyes:. What a great QB. He does jack crap when it matters. He does jack crap when it comes time to make a statement. He does jack crap in crunch time. He does jack crap when his defense crumbles. He's an average-bad QB. Get over it. He's getting replaced next offseason or the one after.
GB didn't go into prevent, what game did you watch. They kept blitzing and playing tight defense the entire game. I'm not sure if you know what garbage time and prevent really is.

You enjoy taking stats away but what about the yards and TDs that got taken away because of a bs penalty that had nothing to do with the play. Cobb had at least 200 yards and 5 TDs called back, Pollard had 1 called back so did Cooper, Witten, Zeke and Gallup.

Not only that but you don't think other QBs don't get stats in "garbage" time. Dak isn't perfect, I agree, but he isn't trash or a bum either. Dak doesn't get the same pass that you and others like you give to other QBs. For example, Wentz has been praised for barely beating Washington and the Giants but Dak was criticized because he destroyed both those teams and he was only playing against trash........

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

We have to know who the coaches are going to be.

A new coach will have priority on where he wants to begin..

DL is always a priority but we have sucked with picks like Taco and Hill.

So unless Marinelli and Richard are gone..

even having a top 16 pick promises nothing.

After that, probably LBer with Lee limited and now Wolf Hunter probably on a pitch count with his neck.

CB and safety remain priorities as we know with Jones probably not being resigned and still having guys like Heath and others not really getting better.

So what happens with Amari Cooper? We now see he is fragile and has issues and Cobb probably is not resigned as his production was nowhere near what it should be.

So I see plenty of roster spots needing help.

Best player available.

Easy..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Are you really upset with the draft picks the Cowboys "used" on Paxton Lynch and Jeff Heath?
lol this team has gotten guys like Dak, Elliot, Williams, Woods, Awuzie, Lewis, Jaylon, Vander, Collins, and so forth in those drafts. But because they didnt pick the guys they wanted they arent good picks.

Brax

Reaction score
Dude was not healthy and tried to gut it out. When Emmitt did it, he was deemed a warrior (the game vs the Giants he gutted out with a separated shoulder comes to mind). But since Amari didn't do so with success, we are throwing him in the trash heap? No way.

Jerry gave up a 1st for him. He's not going anywhere.
Jerry has boxed himself in a corner wirh Dak and Amari by his own lack GM skills. The DC are screwed and no one to blame but Jerry for another bone head move. Both disappear in the big games and fade down the stretch just like a DE just signed, thanks Jerry for another poor choice.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
We should be able to move up after next week.
I thought about that. I wish the Eagles played the early game. That way if they win, Dallas (no chance of playoffs at that point) should just tank the game. I mean what's the point of playing hard at that point? Red is gone either way and we might as well get as high a draft pick as possible.

...but both teams play at the same time.

I do wonder how high they can move up with a loss? I feel dirty for asking :(

slick325

Reaction score
I'd go with Kinlaw, DT out of South Carolina or Delpit, S out of LSU if they are available at 16.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I thought about that. I wish the Eagles played the early game. That way if they win, Dallas (no chance of playoffs at that point) should just tank the game. I mean what's the point of playing hard at that point? Red is gone either way and we might as well get as high a draft pick as possible.

...but both teams play at the same time.

I do wonder how high they can move up with a loss? I feel dirty for asking :(
Don't feel bad.

Jerrah don't feel bad.

He just pulls out his monthly net worth statement and smiles.

We as fans get left with the feelings of short comings.

Still..I appreciate all Jerrah has done for football even if our team has not followed.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Amari played hurt most of the season.
Thats kinda the concern.

This is the 2nd time he's dissapeared in the 2nd half of the season in the last 3 years (2017 and 2019) due to leg injuries. Some of the fans and possibly the new coaching staff could be worried about throwing Amari not only 3 years of guranteed money but 3 years of high dollar money.

If he gets signed to a 5 year deal then i'll be happy for him but also holding my breath everytime I see him play

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can and will tell others when they are wrong about a player, especially when the stats and video support that player.

Winning stats doesn't make a winning team. Dak did quite well...with Romo's team. THIS year is Dak's team...good stats? Good enough for 8-8. Can't wait for more throws behind WRs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team leads the league in WR dropped passes. Amari has failed consistently to get open all season long. So have the rest of the receivers for much of the season. Sure Dak has missed some throws, but you don't throw for over 4,500 yards and 26+ TDs with a 65% completion percentage (and lead the league once again in tight window throws) by being a sucky or average QB...no matter how you try to spin it.

"missed "SOME" throws"...you have gotta be kidding us!
Dak throws all over the place. Scoring those "dropped" passes in favor of Dak totally unfair. WR's can never tell where the f the ball is gonna be...probably expecting it be low and behind. On occasion, Dak manages a good throw, surprising the WR.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"missed "SOME" throws"...you have gotta be kidding us!
Dak throws all over the place. Scoring those "dropped" passes in favor of Dak totally unfair. WR's can never tell where the f the ball is gonna be...probably expecting it be low and behind. On occasion, Dak manages a good throw, surprising the WR.
Nice story telling. Where are the cookies and milk?

blueblood70

Reaction score
im all for BPA but for top needs which is DL/S

however the twist plot could be will Tua drop to 16-19 where we are picking, he would be BPA period given he might have went top 3 if not for the injuries..

do we grab him for backup in case Dak doesnt work out ie leverage and the next QB here once he shows he healed and ready to play? FT dak?

then go all defense 2-4?