Drafted by Cowboys With the 29th pick. Dallas Cowboys take OT Tyler Guyton

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Perfect value for a huge OT. We needed beef in the trenches and thats what you get with Guyton. He has both power and speed and will be a long time starter for the Cowboys barring injury. And they also get an extra 3rd rounder? No reason to complain about Day 1.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Id say he is a B+ pick at 29, where he would have been a C at 24. Getting a player with his traits there isnt common. There is development and risk though. Could take a year before he is a quality OT and could competely bust. But if you can get an LT at 29, thats a win

stiletto

Reaction score
Tyler Guyton:
PROS
  • Great athlete
  • Huge frame with long arms- great for a T
  • Quick feet for pass protection
  • Lots of upside
CONS
  • Only started 14 games in college as a T
  • Will probably need some time to develop.
  • Not a plug and play guy
There's going to be a lot of players who are "not plug and play" that get plugged and played next season anyway, I have a feeling. Will be interesting at least.

stiletto

Reaction score
Id say he is a B+ pick at 29, where he would have been a C at 24. Getting a player with his traits there isnt common. There is development and risk though. Could take a year before he is a quality OT and could competely bust. But if you can get an LT at 29, thats a win
Not to mention the 3rd rounder pickup. So that's a bonus.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Would have rather had us take Barton… but C is a deeper position than OT, so this will all come down to what they do with the next few picks.

With the track record on OL picks— I will give them the benefit of the doubt on Guyton.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the pick ok. He’s certainly a great athlete with huge upside. Just a little concerned about him only starting 14 games at OU at T. Would have preferred a plug and play guy but when Barton was gone not much choice.

Btw, I did like the Cowboys trade down 5 slots and picking up a third rounder. Good move.