Drafted by Cowboys With the 29th pick. Dallas Cowboys take OT Tyler Guyton

morat1959

Reaction score
He was widely considered the 4th best OT prospect. Had he not been so raw he’d likely been higher. But a day one starter prospect at LT generally isn’t there late in the round
I liked the C at the spot they were at. I know we picked up a 3rd. This draft has to produce immediate staters and several of them. If not, we’ll go from a one and done playoff team again to a 7-9 win team. Nobody we get in the draft or trade will get us to the dance next season. There’s an elephant in the room unless Lance turns out to be a legit QB.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
All I care is what Pete Prisco and risenstar feels about this selection. The rest of you all can be boiled in your pudding.

Reactions: JPM

McMicah

Reaction score
I’ve spent a while digesting this pick. I think with the extra 3rd it’s worth it. I hate missing Barton, but Guyton ceiling is very high…problem is his floor is low too.

I’d say he could be an all pro Lane Johnson type player, or he could be Nate Solder

SuperBowlz

Reaction score

He has all the tools but definitely was considered a project. I know Philly talked a lot about drafting him and having sit and learn from Lane Johnson and their guru OLine coach but I'd be a little concerned starting him week 1 at LT according to what I've read.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I liked the C at the spot they were at. I know we picked up a 3rd. This draft has to produce immediate staters and several of them. If not, we’ll go from a one and done playoff team again to a 7-9 win team. Nobody we get in the draft or trade will get us to the dance next season. There’s an elephant in the room unless Lance turns out to be a legit QB.
To expect several immediate starters from one draft is an extreme take. Even drafting top 10 in every round is difficult to have several immediate starters.

Guyton and Beebe will be day 1 starters.

Marist, Kneeland and Rodgers will be rotational players this season.

Carson could see time at corner in certain packages.

2 starters, 3 rotational players and another possible is a pretty good draft. Especially when the LB, DE, DT and corner could become starters in a year or two. (If you count the 3rd CB as starter)