"With the 32nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select O.J. Howard, TE Alabama"

kazzd58

Reaction score
Look with the way dak loves TE's i need playmakers at TE.. somebody who can actually score i like OJ in the 2nd rd not 1st

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nothing at the top end of the draft and a lot of one dimensional rather not blockers.

Howard is adept at blocking; it's what he primarily does at Bama.

But even beyond that, give me a good, athletic pass-catching TE and I'll take my chances trying to teach him blocking technique and develop a complete player over marginal athlete that's been primarily an in-line blocker.

Howard gives the best of both worlds. Engram is more of a Jordan Reed type and undersized at for the TE position; Hodges reminds me a bit of Jerimichael Finley.

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

But even beyond that, give me a good, athletic pass-catching TE and I'll teach him blocking technique and develop a complete player over marginal athlete that's been primarily an in-line blocker.

Howard gives the best of both worlds. Engram is more of a Jordan Reed type and undersized at for the TE position; Hodges reminds me a bit of Jerimichael Finley.
That's what we thought about Escobar. Either you're a physical player or you aren't. Technique won't save you.

The Realist

Reaction score

But even beyond that, give me a good, athletic pass-catching TE and I'll teach him blocking technique and develop a complete player over marginal athlete that's been primarily an in-line blocker.

How has Escobar developed as a blocker?

gmoney112

Reaction score
Lol that is not going to happen.

There will be a defensive player there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Guys are going to get artificially inflated because it's a weak class. Jake Butt at 32 would be awful. Getting him bottom of 2 is pretty good.

TE's just aren't worth first round picks in general.

Look around the league. Gronk is the only guy I would give up a 1 for.

TE's are a little more crucial for the Cowboys because of how Zeke runs but the highest i'm drafting a guy is in the 2nd.

reddyuta

Reaction score
giphy.gif