With the OL we've assembled, any QB would be excited to play here!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You've locked up Terrance Steele for years *****
You have big Tyler Smith at Guard, he's been great for us. Now you add in guys like Guyton, Beebee, Nathan Thomas, along with guys such as Bass/Hoffman etc, there's a bright future for this team for many years. If we ever made a change at QB, he'll have guys to protect him, and to open up holes making his life much easier. Everyone says it starts up front, the Cowboys have done a great job of doing this on the offensive side of the ball. Please give your thoughts

superonyx

Reaction score
My thought is you took a optimistic angle to be excited for the offensive line and somehow twisted into your fantasy about a new QB.
It's funny the length some will go to make everything an anti dak thread.

Points for originality though.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm not ready to presume anything. There's no shortage of teams that have discovered that their high draft choices weren't all that special after all, and especially so in their rookie seasons. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but until I see it on the field, it will inherently be limited optimism. In fact, I'd like nothing better than for Bakhtiari to sign-up to play for his old ball coach, possibly beating out the new kid for LT duties this season, letting the new kid get acclimated while he serves as the swing tackle. (Assumes, of course, that he's healthy enough.)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thought is you took a optimistic angle to be excited for the offensive line and somehow twisted into your fantasy about a new QB.

The important thing is that you have given your thoughts per the OP.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

It's my thoughts that you're thinking too hard just to get a laugh from yourself and a few others! I'm happy about what they've assembled here, and any QB that would come here if they would they would be happy knowing that we have a stable line in place THAT's all!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm not ready to presume anything. There's no shortage of teams that have discovered that their high draft choices weren't all that special after all, and especially so in their rookie seasons. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but until I see it on the field, it will inherently be limited optimism. In fact, I'd like nothing better than for Bakhtiari to sign-up to play for his old ball coach, possibly beating out the new kid for LT duties this season, letting the new kid get acclimated while he serves as the swing tackle. (Assumes, of course, that he's healthy enough.)
No just the fact that we're trying to build the O-line is a great thing I assumed

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas, along with 31 other teams, feel like they struck gold in the draft and are on their path to glory. The golden carriage could turn into a pumpkin by the time the season opens. All i'm saying is there's a fine line between hopeful optimism and delusional..... let's just wait and see how all this turns out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's my thoughts that you're thinking too hard just to get a laugh from yourself and a few others! I'm happy about what they've assembled here, and any QB that would come here if they would they would be happy knowing that we have a stable line in place THAT's all!!
How RUDE! You said please! He gave his thoughts! You are so mean!

_sturt_

Reaction score
I believe, more accurately, you assumed a "bright future"... that's more than just the fact we're trying... rather, that assumes we're in a position already to succeed.

Maybe we are.

I'm not willing to presume we are, is all I'm sayin.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dallas, along with 31 other teams, feel like they struck gold in the draft and are on their path to glory. The golden carriage could turn into a pumpkin by the time the season opens. All i'm saying is there's a fine line between hopeful optimism and delusional..... let's just wait and see how all this turns out.
That's fine and I get that, once again, it's about us taking the time to address the O-line for this team to have success on offense! We could have went WR

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I believe, more accurately, you assumed a bright future... that's more than just the fact we're trying, that assumes we're in a position already to succeed.

Maybe we are.

I'm not willing to presume we are, is all I'm sayin.
sounds good!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
@kskboys I'm trying my hardest about the "trenches" it's clearly not that important these days. I didn't say any of them were going to the HOF as some have stated about Beebee already. I just love the fact that we're setting our team up to have players that can come in and give us help. Good or bad is yet to be determined!!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You have big Tyler Smith at Guard, he's been great for us. Now you add in guys like Guyton, Beebee, Nathan Thomas, along with guys such as Bass/Hoffman etc, there's a bright future for this team for many years. If we ever made a change at QB, he'll have guys to protect him, and to open up holes making his life much easier. Everyone says it starts up front, the Cowboys have done a great job of doing this on the offensive side of the ball. Please give your thoughts
Any retread QB will not win. They are retreads for a reason.

Any drafted QB, just by the odds of success at that position, will not thrive here. Dallas does not draft high enough in the first round to be in play for a real stud. And please do not cite players like Montana and Brady. Or Romo, who was, by far, maybe the worst thing that could happen to this franchise since Jerry saw his success and then decided you can shop the returns shelf at Western Auto, and it seems fans of all ilk agree and cheer on his search for the real football guy title he covets taking the premiere position in rounds normally that send that guy to working for an insurance company within a couple of years..

The facts are if Dallas were to suffer a horrific season, one of several things would happen.

The league would decide the 9ers allowed four 7th round draft picks to walk, thus they need to be compensated with the first four picks in the first round, and that stud QB would go to them.

Dallas would trade down, which would give a woody to the majority of fans here, then take some guy from Slippery Rock (who suffered a chronic separated shoulder with his throwing arm, which Jerry loves Red Shirts) with one of the three first round picks they had, which ended up being cut his fourth year.

The league decides to disband and forfeit all that revenue, funneling it to the WNBA. Because, let's face it, those gals don't make enough money.

Your pipe dreams about a new QB has such a down side because drafting one means rebuild, and trading for one, *** see Lance*** will end up extending this nightmare that started in 1996.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Any quarterback that is performing well in the NFL is watching how the Cowboys treat Dak Prescott. Their agents are watching, too. Money makes professional football players happy. Not offensive lines.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
At one point we had Martin, Fredbeard, and Tyron Smith in their primes together ........ and Jerry wasted it with bad defenses and pet project Qb's.

And he will waste this new line as well.
quite possibly

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It looks good on paper so we’ll see soon enough.

kskboys

Reaction score
@kskboys I'm trying my hardest about the "trenches" it's clearly not that important these days. I didn't say any of them were going to the HOF as some have stated about Beebee already. I just love the fact that we're setting our team up to have players that can come in and give us help. Good or bad is yet to be determined!!
More important than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!