With the OL we've assembled, any QB would be excited to play here!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think if we can build chemistry with the new guys, we have a chance to beat expectations. We might start sloppy but I think as time goes things might come together at the right time. Barring injury. I think we will revert back to our bread and butter, which is running the ball more and bully ball. Thats always been Cowboy football when we are dominant up front. So many things in football is predicated on how well you can enforce your will up front. Makes all QB's jobs easier. Royce Freeman is a great down hill between the tackles north south, one cut runner. Hes physical. Between he and Zeke, that might make life easier for scat backs like Deuce Vaughn. Rico should have success too.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the linemen we drafted. But I’m amazed at how quickly Tyler Guyton and Cooper Bebee have been anointed as can‘t miss All Pros probably headed to Canton. Jeez, they haven’t even put pads on yet.

Again, I like the guys we drafted, but shouldn’t we at least wait until these guys have played like…half the season at least before we start the fitting for gold jackets, lol?

plasticman

Reaction score
40% of the projected starting O-line have never played a single down of NFL football including the LT. They will have two rookie starters. Should they experience a single injury, the next man up will most likely be a first or 2nd year undrafted free agent, a 6th round pick at best.

Excited? There might be strong emotional reactions during some points of the season but i wouldn't describe it as "excited".

However, if everything goes right, I could see some excitement in 2025.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My thought is you took a optimistic angle to be excited for the offensive line and somehow twisted into your fantasy about a new QB.
It's funny the length some will go to make everything an anti dak thread.

Points for originality though.
The OP's post didn't strike me as being an "anti Dak thread". Maybe I'm mistaken but, well "If we ever made a change at QB"...... sounds pretty neutral to me. He's just optimistic about what many of us believe to be a very good draft, especially considering we didn't get to pick till 24th. The OL appears to be the fortunate recipient of some of the best picks.
No draft pick comes with a guarantee, but that doesn't stop me from feeling like we really stuck it this year with this draft, and especially where we needed it most, the OL! And no matter who the QB is over the next few years, they will benefit from the quality of this year's draft.
:thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
At one point we had Martin, Fredbeard, and Tyron Smith in their primes together ........ and Jerry wasted it with bad defenses and pet project Qb's.

And he will waste this new line as well.
Knowing Jerry and this FO, that's a possibility.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You've locked up Terrance Steele for years *****
You have big Tyler Smith at Guard, he's been great for us. Now you add in guys like Guyton, Beebee, Nathan Thomas, along with guys such as Bass/Hoffman etc, there's a bright future for this team for many years. If we ever made a change at QB, he'll have guys to protect him, and to open up holes making his life much easier. Everyone says it starts up front, the Cowboys have done a great job of doing this on the offensive side of the ball. Please give your thoughts
Stopped reading at Terrance Steele comment. Watch tape from last year to find out why.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
On paper the O-Line looks to be improved. Maybe much improved. But they need to gel still. They need time to get it together. I am still not a fan of our O-Line coach. But we will see. If it works out then Dak will have more time and not be running for his life. And if they can get a run game going then this maybe the best year for our Offense in a while. Let’s see how our Defense does.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Stopped reading at Terrance Steele comment. Watch tape from last year to find out why.
coming off a major injury, in dallas when you come off that injury, you need that season THEN the following season you're back to normal!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If it works out and our Defense can finally stop the run and get consistent pressure then it could be our best shot in a while.
true, are we right now better at stopping the run on paper???? LB wise yes, DL wise, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like the ”anointing oil” has already been applied to Guyton and Bebee before they’ve even put the pads on. The Big Tuna would not approve.

Seriously, I like both those rookies on paper but let’s tap the brakes before fitting these guys for gold jackets.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Looks like the ”anointing oil” has already been applied to Guyton and Bebee before they’ve even put the pads on. The Big Tuna would not approve.

Seriously, I like both those rookies on paper but let’s tap the brakes before fitting these guys for gold jackets.
Haze some fans have seriously placed him in the HOF already, the guy just started practicing! Can you imagine what'll happen if he doesn't go to the HOF!??? lol

Flamma

Reaction score

I made sure I watched every press conference and anything Parcells said in front of the media. It was must see TV. He was entertaining every time he spoke. It could be week 4 talking to the media about grass clippings, he made it entertaining.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I like the linemen we drafted. But I’m amazed at how quickly Tyler Guyton and Cooper Bebee have been anointed as can‘t miss All Pros probably headed to Canton. Jeez, they haven’t even put pads on yet.

Again, I like the guys we drafted, but shouldn’t we at least wait until these guys have played like…half the season at least before we start the fitting for gold jackets, lol?
It is the time of the year my friend:)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There will be struggles this year, but with coaching 2025 is looking good.