With what Saints did w/Shockey, Commanders w/Taylor Jerry Jones needs to sign Glenn

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok, i know that terry glenn has a knee injury problem that could go at any time, hopefully not. Yet, with the saints picking up Shockey which will open up their offense more for bush and brees and what Commanders have done with jason taylor on defense. Then the Dallas Cowboys need to keep Glen to spread the defense on certain plays, not use Glenn alot, but enough to stretch the defense and open up more plays for Barber, Felix Jones, T O, Witten & Crayton.

This could make the Dallas Cowboys offense more explosive, and tough to match up against with any defense.

So, Jerry get it done, dont let your ego get in the way, get it done.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I agree, but if Glenn can't play, we'd just be throwing $ away. It all depends on whether or not he can go. We kept him on the bench all last year and he didn't help us one bit. Why do it again?

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2158308 said:
ok, i know that terry glenn has a knee injury problem that could go at any time, hopefully not. Yet, with the saints picking up Shockey which will open up their offense more for bush and brees and what Commanders have done with jason taylor on defense. Then the Dallas Cowboys need to keep Glen to spread the defense on certain plays, not use Glenn alot, but enough to stretch the defense and open up more plays for Barber, Felix Jones, T O, Witten & Crayton.

This could make the Dallas Cowboys offense more explosive, and tough to match up against with any defense.

So, Jerry get it done, dont let your ego get in the way, get it done.

I keep having nightmares about Glenn slipping on routes, like he did in that playoff game(Corey Webster had daylight if he had caught it).

Yes-his knee is THAT bad. No thanks.

sacase

Reaction score
Boysboy;2158321 said:
I keep having nightmares about Glenn slipping on routes, like he did in that playoff game(Corey Webster had daylight if he had caught it).

I am sorry, were you reading his MRI?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158319 said:
I agree, but if Glenn can't play, we'd just be throwing $ away. It all depends on whether or not he can go. We kept him on the bench all last year and he didn't help us one bit. Why do it again?

last year he had 2 knee surgeries...this year hes healthy

Boysboy

Reaction score
sacase;2158325 said:
I am sorry, were you reading his MRI?

Pt was that when he slipped badly on that route-it sure looked to me like his knee wasn't even nearly closed to being healed.

IF this is the case, I don't think I can bear to even think about the many times it could happen this season, only for DBs to get wide open b/c of this.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Boysboy;2158321 said:

in that playoff game? which one he slipped in seattles and New yorks. Seattles was due to wet ground. New York was most likely his feet moving faster then his legs seeing how he only seen some time in the Commanders game two weeks prior...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158332 said:

Yup he had all of last year to rehab and this whole offseason. Glenn is 100% healthy but very injury prone. Still, JJ needs to accept it and let Glenn come to camp.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158332 said:

I've got new for you. No, he's not healthy and he won't be until he has microfracture surgery. If he was healthy, there wouln't be an issue.

the kid 05

Reaction score
ajk23az;2158341 said:
Yup he had all of last year to rehab and this whole offseason. Glenn is 100% healthy but very injury prone. Still, JJ needs to accept it and let Glenn come to camp.

I've gone through 2 knee surgeries, i walk with a minature limp cuz of them. I'm willing to bet just due to the talent of the surgons team and our physical therapy guys he will be back to normal....i still wish i had 24/7 to rehab my knee

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do any fans actually remember how many points this offense scored last season?

So adding one guy that played like 15 minutes last year is suppose to make that much of a difference?

And what's with the over-reaction to the Commanders trading for an 58 year-old Jason Taylor? Two words for you "Bruce Smith". Remember how he was suppose to come in and help the Skins "dominate" the Cowboys? How'd that work out?

I'm not even sure why the trade of Shockey is even being mentioned...

the kid 05

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158356 said:
I've got new for you. No, he's not healthy and he won't be until he has microfracture surgery. If he was healthy, there wouln't be an issue.

hes what? 33 and didn't play last season...it would be an issue for any wide receiver who had 2 knee surgeries missed a whole season...see Joe Jurvicous (sp?) of the browns

Ren

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Glenn but unless he can stay healthy he's just taking up a roster spot that could be put to better use on something else

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
ajk23az;2158341 said:

What about this do you guys not understand? Glenn IS NOT healthy. He has a degenerative knee condition that requires serious surgery. That's why this whole thing is up in the air. As much as this has been covered, I find it hard to believe you guys are having a hard time grasping this.

ajk23az

Reaction score
the kid 05;2158357 said:
I've gone through 2 knee surgeries, i walk with a minature limp cuz of them. I'm willing to bet just due to the talent of the surgons team and our physical therapy guys he will be back to normal....i still wish i had 24/7 to rehab my knee

I just had a knee surgery on the 8th of April so I know how it is too.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Ren;2158361 said:
I'm a huge fan of Glenn but unless he can stay healthy he's just taking up a roster spot that could be put to better use on something else

Theres no way to know if he will stay healthy, thats why you play him (Because he is better than our youngsters right now) and get what you can out of him.

the kid 05

Reaction score
ajk23az;2158365 said:
I just had a knee surgery on the 8th of April so I know how it is too.

out of all the spots on the body to mess up i'd hate to mess up my knees again, I never realized how much harder it is to do normal things with out them being able to bend :laugh2:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158357 said:

It's useless. Apparently you have no clue regarding this type of knee injury. I do. I have it. The knee will NEVER be the same even with microfracture surgery, however that surgery will help. Glenn is too old for the surgery to help him now. It's not like a torn ACL, PCL, MCL, or similar type of injury that just heals after surgery. Don't talk about something that you obviously have no clue about.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158359 said:
hes what? 33 and didn't play last season...it would be an issue for any wide receiver who had 2 knee surgeries missed a whole season...see Joe Jurvicous (sp?) of the browns

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's for sure. It's the type of condition he has, not that he has a knee condition. Understand?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2158358 said:
Do any fans actually remember how many points this offense scored last season?

So adding one guy that played like 15 minutes last year is suppose to make that much of a difference?

And what's with the over-reaction to the Commanders trading for an 58 year-old Jason Taylor? Two words for you "Bruce Smith". Remember how he was suppose to come in and help the Skins "dominate" the Cowboys? How'd that work out?

I'm not even sure why the trade of Shockey is even being mentioned...

I think I'm in this camp.

Glenn doesn't make or break this season.