With what Saints did w/Shockey, Commanders w/Taylor Jerry Jones needs to sign Glenn

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158368 said:
out of all the spots on the body to mess up i'd hate to mess up my knees again, I never realized how much harder it is to do normal things with out them being able to bend :laugh2:

Yeah no crap, it pretty much blows. But now try having an appendectomy 5 days after your knee surgery and then having an allergic reaction to the anesthesia :p: . NOW THAT SUCKED.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
By the way, the two surgeries Glenn had last year were not to fix his degenerative knee condition. They were to clean out debris that is a result of his condition. He did not have surgery to FIX the problem. He declined to have microfracture surgery last year in hopes he could play at some point. If he has the surgery, he's done. If he doesn't, he most likely won't last anywhere near an NFL season. It's a catch 22. That's the problem. His knee will just get worse. It won't heal on its own.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158369 said:
It's useless. Apparently you have no clue regarding this type of knee injury. I do. I have it. The knee will NEVER be the same even with microfracture surgery, however that surgery will help. Glenn is too old for the surgery to help him now. It's not like a torn ACL, PCL, MCL, or similar type of injury that just heals after surgery. Don't talk about something that you obviously have no clue about.

Star4Ever;2158376 said:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's for sure. It's the type of condition he has, not that he has a knee condition. Understand?

so let me get this straight son...because i posted how my knee has gone out twice, i have no clue or knowledge about Glenn's deteriorating knee problem? (one that i am going to face in 10-15 years) I'm no idiot i'm not saying hes freakin 21 again, I know hes 22 ;). Trust me all might know it all, i know about his knee problem. You wanna sit here and say that its "never the same" no ****, your never the same after ANY surgery. I stated with our training staff he will be able to get his knee back up to par. Understand?

the kid 05

Reaction score
ajk23az;2158382 said:
Yeah no crap, it pretty much blows. But now try having an appendectomy 5 days after your knee surgery and then having an allergic reaction to the anesthesia :p: . NOW THAT SUCKED.

**hug** i'm sorry mate

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I understand what you guys are saying about Glenn, only God knows if he can stay healthy enough this year to help the Cowboys. Yet, what if Glenn can, we all saw how defenses loaded up on the Cowboys after T O went down with injury.

If you have a veteran like Glenn that can stretch the field, that only makes you better.

Again, I am not saying let Glenn be the other starting WR opposite T O, but use him say 12 times or so in a game in the slot on obvious passing downs along with Fellix Jones taking the other reps, let Glenn tutor the other WRs along with T O some more.

That way you can keep Glenn in shape and the timing down with Romo, then you can spread defenses and go from there.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158386 said:
so let me get this straight son...because i posted how my knee has gone out twice, i have no clue or knowledge about Glenn's deteriorating knee problem? (one that i am going to face in 10-15 years) I'm no idiot i'm not saying hes freakin 21 again, I know hes 22 ;). Trust me all might know it all, i know about his knee problem. You wanna sit here and say that its "never the same" no ****, your never the same after ANY surgery. I stated with our training staff he will be able to get his knee back up to par. Understand?

No, you understand nothing. I've had two knee surgeries and do not have have an ACL in my left knee. Do you know anything about Glenn's particular knee condition? Do you know what microfracture surgery is? I do. I know why it's considered. His knee will not get better, it will only get worse without the surgery. He has no cartilage in the knee and is suffering from a bon-on-bone condition. Microfracture surgery is done to attempt to promote the grown of cartilage. It's a fact. By the way, sometimes certain surgeries actually make a body part stronger than before. Did you know that? Apparently not since you said no one is never the same after ANY surgery. Just stop while you're behind.

the kid 05

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2158390 said:
I understand what you guys are saying about Glenn, only God knows if he can stay healthy enough this year to help the Cowboys. Yet, what if Glenn can, we all saw how defenses loaded up on the Cowboys after T O went down with injury.

If you have a veteran like Glenn that can stretch the field, that only makes you better.

Again, I am not saying let Glenn be the other starting WR opposite T O, but use him say 12 times or so in a game in the slot on obvious passing downs along with Fellix Jones taking the other reps, let Glenn tutor the other WRs along with T O some more.

That way you can keep Glenn in shape and the timing down with Romo, then you can spread defenses and go from there.

no hes doomed he should never step on the field again. blasphemy! that is pure and utter garbage! :mad:

[/joke]

the kid 05

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158393 said:
No, you understand nothing. I've had two knee surgeries and do not have have an ACL in my left knee. Do you know anything about Glenn's particular knee condition? Do you know what microfracture surgery is? I do. I know why it's considered. His knee will not get better, it will only get worse without the surgery. He has no cartilage in the knee and is suffering from a bon-on-bone condition. Microfracture surgery is done to attempt to promote the grown of cartilage. It's a fact. By the way, sometimes certain surgeries actually make a body part stronger than before. Did you know that? Apparently not since you said no one is never the same after ANY surgery. Just stop while you're behind.

i have a partially torn acl which i refuse to get taken care of cuz i'm a broke college student and have no minsucus on either sides of my right knee. yup dont know a damn thing...

PREACH BROTHER PREACH ENLIGHTEN MY DARKEN SOUL FOR I AM MISGUIDED...PLEASE BROTHER SHARE YOU WEATH OF KNOWLEDGE

:rolleyes:

oh and genius (and thats a very tongue and cheek) if a body part gets stronger post surgery...is it the same as it was...=-o didn't think so... but please preach...go on...

ajk23az

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158393 said:
By the way, sometimes certain surgeries actually make a body part stronger than before. Did you know that? Apparently not since you said no one is never the same after ANY surgery. Just stop while you're behind.

Well technically, if you get stronger after your surgery, you still aren't the same as you were before the surgery...:cool:

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Cut or trade Glenn....the cowboys, the fans, and the media waste too much time and effort talking about this guy. He is not worth all of this....he should have been cut before last year....just get rid of him already.

:mad:

the kid 05

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2158400 said:
not true he still needs another surgery.

that he refused to take, thus compared to pre surgery hes healthy, may not be 110% like you or Mr Greys Anatomy over there but hes more healthy then before

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Again, cleaning debris from his BAD knee does not make him healthy. Is it better than before? From a standpoint of cleaning up the debris, yes. From a standpoint of being able to play an NFL season, no. If this wasn't an issue, don't you think he'd already be in camp and there wouldn't be a problem? There's a reason it is a problem. What you're saying is paramount to saying that if I broke my leg and had some splintered bone in the break, I would be healthy if they simply took out the bone splinters. To hell with the fact that I have a fractured leg. By your take, I'd be healthier than before because they removed the bone pieces. Pretty much the same scenario with Glenn's knee. There's an underlying reason for the problem and it won't just heal.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158424 said:
Again, cleaning debris from his BAD knee does not make him healthy. Is it better than before? From a standpoint of cleaning up the debris, yes. From a standpoint of being able to play an NFL season, no. If this wasn't an issue, don't you think he'd already be in camp and there wouldn't be a problem? There's a reason it is a problem. What you're saying is paramount to saying that if I broke my leg and had some splintered bone in the break, I would be healthy if they simply took out the bone splinters. To hell with the fact that I have a fractured leg. By your take, I'd be healthier than before because they removed the bone pieces. Pretty much the same scenario with Glenn's knee. There's an underlying reason for the problem and it won't just heal.

way to take bits and pieces. you have a good day, your skull is obviously thicker then the new cement being laid at the stadium.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158424 said:
By your take, I'd be healthier than before because they removed the bone pieces.

Actually The Kid said your never the same after a surgery. So you saying that is not true.

And also, usually if you have surgery on your knee, it is to get better. So after having surgery, i'm going to take an educated guess and say that he IS a little healthier than before, even it is a LITTLE, it still is being healthier.

Glenn himself said he is ready to go.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158430 said:

way to take bits and pieces. you have a good day, your skull is obviously thicker then the new cement being laid at the stadium.

Right back at cha. :D

the kid 05

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158441 said:
Right back at cha. :D

haha i didn't crack my head open by riding my big wheel down a flight of stair for nothing! (no joke haha) :D

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
ajk23az;2158440 said:
Actually The Kid said your never the same after a surgery. So you saying that is not true.

And also, usually if you have surgery on your knee, it is to get better. So after having surgery, i'm going to take an educated guess and say that he IS a little healthier than before, even it is a LITTLE, it still is being healthier.

Glenn himself said he is ready to go.

Glenn wants to get paid. Why don't you and "The Kid" ask your mommies if you can go outside and play. You don't belong in here with the adults.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2158447 said:
Glenn wants to get paid. Why don't you and "The Kid" ask your mommies if you can go outside and play. You don't belong in here with the adults.

the kid portion is only a reflection on my laid back easy going way of life my friend, read the motto as well

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
the kid 05;2158446 said:
haha i didn't crack my head open by riding my big wheel down a flight of stair for nothing! (no joke haha) :D

Well, not to do you a one better, but I've been home from work all week nursing three broken ribs and various bruises and contusions because some idiot ***** throught she's just run over me while I was on my motorcycle last Thursday. My Percocets are working well. :D