Within 4 years Eagles won a Super Bowl, rebuilt roster, now returning with new QB/HC

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Biggest difference IMO. Other FO's know when they have made a mistake and can admit it.

Our FO compounds the mistake with a contract that is immovable.
They also double and triple down on those mistakes when confronted about them like the curtains at the stadium for example.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Niners and Eagles have the best GMs in football in my opinion. Lynch going to get Trent Williams and Christian McCaffrey were strokes of genius.

Everything that Howie's done since 2018 has been masterful with the exception of drafting WRs. But even he realized that and went and got AJ Brown.
They haven’t drafted well, but it doesn’t catch up with them because Roseman believes in actually making moves via trades and free agency to constantly improve the team… something cap boy refuses to do.

Roseman doesn’t like his guys, and will churn that roster until it delivers. Gotta respect it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The niners and eagles have elite coaching. They get the most out of talent. We on the other hand hire jerry's hand picked guys.

We have always have talent on this team. But JJ needs to win with his guys. Even if you wanna say MM has done a good job, kellen Moore is forced on him.

The NFL coaching matters. When Jerry brought in Bill parcells years back, Parcells didn't have the talent on this team.... but he went to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years.

Its getting the most out of your roster. If we had a Kyle Shanahan type we'd prob be playing next week.

rambo2

Reaction score
Teams that are not afraid to move on from talent tend to excel in the NFL. Historically, one of the Cowboys biggest failures is keeping players that cost too much relative to production after their rookie deal. The Cowboys front office is playing checkers with personnel and cap management while the better organizations in football are playing multidimensional chess.
I thought that they won 25 games in the last two years.

Sydla

Reaction score
And then failed to make a NFCCG game after winning all those regular season games. Continuing the trend of the last 25 years.

Trying to argue the Cowboys front office builds elite rosters and is in the same ballpark as Philly and San Fran? LOL.

rambo2

Reaction score
And then failed to make a NFCCG game after winning all those regular season games. Continuing the trend of the last 25 years.

Trying to argue the Cowboys front office builds elite rosters and is in the same ballpark as Philly and San Fran? LOL.
They certainly are in the ballpark.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
All you can hope for is Elon Musk suddenly taking an interest in football, and buying the Cowboys from Jerry for an ungodly amount. That could be entertaining, SpaceX Field at Tesla Stadium.
That'd be amazing!!! I'd love to see it.

LysleE

Reaction score
Do Dumb & Dumber feel any shame looking at our rival lap us like this?

When the Eagles win on Sunday, that will be 2 Super Bowls since 2018 after swapping out coaches, QB, players, offensive/defensive systems.

It will be 3 Super Bowl appearances, 7 Conference Title appearances, 16 playoff wins for the Eagles since the last time the Cowboys got out of the divisional round. My God how do these two bumbling idiots not feel any shame?!
Well…when you’re ignorant, arrogant and have nobody holding you accountable for your decisions you can make p*** poor moves.

“Bumbling idiots” is an apt description…the Eagles have put together a winning team and staff and the Giants are in the process of doing the same. Sadly, the Cowboys’ FO will sign a few third-tier FAs and congratulate themselves on being shrewd football guys; of course those FAs are likely not to even be on the team at the end of the season. Cowboys will most likely keep the same offensive staff in-place and thus are destined to toil in mediocrity for another year.

Sydla

Reaction score
They certainly are in the ballpark.
They most certainly are not.

In the last 6 years, the Eagles played in two NFCCG games and one SB (could be two depending on next week).

In the last 6 years, the 49ers have played in 3 NFCCG games and one SB (could be two depending on next week).

The idea that the Cowboys are in that class with only two playoff wins over those 6 seasons is laughable. You should really be embarrassed.

rambo2

Reaction score
They most certainly are not.

In the last 6 years, the Eagles played in two NFCCG games and one SB (could be two depending on next week).

In the last 6 years, the 49ers have played in 3 NFCCG games and one SB (could be two depending on next week).

The idea that the Cowboys are in that class with only two playoff wins over those 6 seasons is laughable. You should really be embarrassed.
I'm talking about the last 2 years. Especially, this year. We beat the Eagles and the Bengals and lost a close one to the 49ers. The Cowboys had 6 wins this year against playoff teams.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Teams that are not afraid to move on from talent tend to excel in the NFL. Historically, one of the Cowboys biggest failures is keeping players that cost too much relative to production after their rookie deal. The Cowboys front office is playing checkers with personnel and cap management while the better organizations in football are playing multidimensional chess.
That's what has me scratching my head on the Eagles. Take Wentz out of the equation (which they still seemed to fleece the Colts on) and they seem to let go productive players who contribute to the teams success who are good.

There is a part of me that thinks they would even trade Hurts away.

Out of curiosity read up on Roseman. Interesting guy. Thing is, apparently until Reid and Kelly left, only then he became a "true" GM in 2015. One can't help but wonder why he stays in Philly?

The bigger question that the Jones family has to ask themselves is why would a good/great GM actually want to work for them?

Gaede

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious what the problem in Dallas is.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I'm talking about the last 2 years. Especially, this year. We beat the Eagles and the Bengals and lost a close one to the 49ers. The Cowboys had 6 wins this year against playoff teams.
You beat Gardner Minshew and faced an Eagle team that didn’t need the win as much as you. It was pretty clear the Eagles were playing more vanilla game plans against the Cowboys and Giants late in the year…two teams they would possibly see later in the playoffs. Didn’t you see how different the game plan was when the Eagles played the Giants in the playoffs vs week 18? Yes, part of it was to protect Jalen…but that wasn’t the entire reason. They were clearly holding back.

As for the Bengals…you just caught them at the right time. Burrow was coming off appendectomy surgery and had missed the preseason. You think it’s normal for him to throw 4 INTs in a game like he did in week 1? Lol

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They are a good team that draft's well. That's where it ends. he upper echelon teams have the competitive advantage of front offices that make better football decisions after the draft.