Without Lamb it is possible the Cowboys go 2-5 to begin the season

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think that most believe Dak needs all the pieces around him to be successful. He hasn't proved to be a guy like Mahomes who can lose a Tyreek Hill and still win a SB. Unfortunately, Dak hasn't even had much success in the first round of the playoffs with most of the pieces around him.
It is actually more then that. It is the fact that?he excels with a dominant WR who can win 1 on 1s and even makes catches in double coverage

Dez was this, Amari was this and CD is this. This is not a pot shot. It is a not even a criticism it is a falct based upon past performance. And it is not about If he needs a WR like that to "Win the Superbowl" this is about He needs a WR like that to succeed

He is unable to make the reads that require going through the progressions in order to find the open man that has exploited the coverage. Sadly Dak locks on to CD if single covered or the TE if double covered then if Shultz and CD draw the coverage he dumps it off to the other inside man the slot This makes the 2nd WR irrelevant.

Case in point was when He had Amari and CD on the field at the same time. Some here on the message board wanted to dump CD because they felt he was overated and not getting open or underperforming and His stats did not live up to the hype. This is what made Amari expendable. There is no use i having 2 number 1s. Because he does not read the entire field

So not to come off too harsh on your assessment. And I understand your sentiment. If we lose CD we are cooked. SB will have to wait 4-5 years or God forbid more if Dak is chosen over Him

Seeing what has transpired since I originally posed this question it appears things are not Right down on the Ranch. If CD?goes full stubborn mule and holds out into the season this could get real ugly

Some around here want to call him a cry baby who needs to stop whining. But I see him as a Man of Few words who means what he says and commits on the principle. As I have mentioned many Top caliber and even above average WRs have gone through the Dak Grinder but being the last He sees as everyone else does, Dak is dependent upon Him

If Dak is the Man some believe that He is then CD will have over played his hand. But if Dak lays some eggs it will echo all across America that CD is straw that stirs the drink

Which will cause the Price to skyrocket or force Pay Him the Amount demanded or a Trade whereby that QB will have immediate monetary value added to His Brand and then CD might even start to Cook. Imagine if the Texans got Him . . . My oh My

Or Jerry could cave and this is all a Moot point

75boyz

Reaction score
Loses - Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Lions, Niners,
Wins - Saints, Giants,

We could potentially beat the Steelers but Lose to the Saints

The Management needs to get CD in here and stop the madness. The fines are adding up and so is the animosity. Dak will struggle mightily without CD and a run game

It is gonna be ugly around here
Yeah, it kinda makes me think back on that wide receiver by committee year where Jerry and Dak said they didn't need a #1 WR to be successful. How wrong could they have been.

And then fortunately, Amari Cooper saved both their *****.

Yeah, getting CD is absolutely mandatory for the offense to succeed.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah, it kinda makes me think back on that wide receiver by committee year where Jerry and Dak said they didn't need a #1 WR to be successful. How wrong could they have been.

And then fortunately, Amari Cooper saved both their *****.

Yeah, getting CD is absolutely mandatory for the offense to succeed.
I am with you Bro. I hope it doesn't get to that point but it just might which will be what Jerry deserves. I will have to admit that it will make up for all the nothing that happened this offseason.

We need some Fireworks to maybe set off the Kegs

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It will take 3 years for the WR to produce at the level Lamb is at. Also no one knows what Lamb would do without Dak as His QB. Maybe he dominates "better teams" he made Dak a runner up MVP after big mike adjusted the game plan after his tirade on the sidelines

Dak was horrible to open the season. It was mind boggling that he finished with the stats that he did.
not really some produce at high level their rookie years. Chase and jefferson did.
Lamb had great stats last year, but it was because he got so many targets,and the game plan is focused on him doing well more than it is
on just winning. Jerry wants him to be a star, so Lamb gets most of targets and is big part of every game plan.

I might look up 23 wr avg yds per target and see where cd ranks that way.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they did with him last year and he mostly disappeared in the green bay playoff game along with the rest of the team
The "Elite" I want my Billions 3................who just happen to go MIA come playoff time or us facing a playoff-bound team in the regular season!
Cut them, Trade them, enough of these cash cow losers!!!!
micah-parsons--ceedee-lamb--dak-prescott.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It will take 3 years for the WR to produce at the level Lamb is at. Also no one knows what Lamb would do without Dak as His QB. Maybe he dominates "better teams" he made Dak a runner up MVP after big mike adjusted the game plan after his tirade on the sidelines

Dak was horrible to open the season. It was mind boggling that he finished with the stats that he did.
ok lamb was # 22 in yds per target, which isnt very good. he had more targets than anyone on the list lol.

Top 5 were

Khalil Shakir 13.58 only 45 targets

Brandon Aiyuk 12.78 105 #2

Nico Collins 11.9 109

George Pickens 10.75 105

Justin Jefferson 10.74 100

Tyreek Hill 10.52 171 #10

Noah Brown 10.31 55 better than lamb lol #11

Amari Cooper 9.77 128

CeeDee Lamb 9.66 181 #22

Lamb had an excessive amount of passes thrown to him, which gave him a lot of overall yards. 1749

Tyreek had 171 and he had 1799 yds most others had way less targets

Jefferson only had 100 for comparison. he may have missed some games though.

Lamb isnt as good as you might think, and when he gets paid he will relax often. this last season was his contract year,

and they all do good in that year lol.

My edit time expired so had to post again

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ok lamb was # 22 in yds per target, which isnt very good. he had more targets than anyone on the list lol.

Top 5 were

Nico Collins 11.9 109

George Pickens 10.75 105

Amari Cooper 9.77 128

CeeDee Lamb 9.66 181 #22

Lamb had an excessive amount of passes thrown to him, which gave him a lot of overall yards. 1749

Lamb isnt as good as you might think, and when he gets paid he will relax often. this last season was his contract year,

And like Dak, he benefitted greatly from playing the weakest pass defense schedule in the league last year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wins - Saints, Giants,

The Management needs to get CD in here and stop the madness. The fines are adding up and so is the animosity. Dak will struggle mightily without CD and a run game

Woohoo! The fun will start early!

NotForLong

Reaction score

Top 5 were

Nico Collins 11.9 109

George Pickens 10.75 105

Amari Cooper 9.77 128

CeeDee Lamb 9.66 181 #22

You think it is easy to get open when everyone on the field knows Dak is going your way. You are underscoring CDs value by

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wins - Saints, Giants,

It's possible we go 2-5 with CD.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Jerry gets paid no matter what from Groundhog Day Dallas fans. And no matter who he pays in the minute trifecta, they are all going home against any team with a pulse in the first round of the playoffs.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb is not a game changer when it comes to playing the better teams.
I would trade him, draft a new wr with the picks I get from lamb.
And this time dont spoil the rookie like they did lamb.
Yep, he is not a Jefferson or Hill and your post is SPOT ON baby!!!!

Jarntt

Reaction score
Wins - Saints, Giants,

With CeeDee it’s possible the Cowboys go 2-5 to start the season

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wins - Saints, Giants,

Where have you been man?
It's been UGLY the last 8 seasons all that talent was wasted away cause we choked in the playoffs!
UGLY????
The GB loss was the cherry on the cake...........embarrassing UGLY!!!!!