Twitter: Witten addresses whether Cowboys should play for draft pick

Aven8

Reaction score
the dogging on Witten here is a head scratcher. Despite what's thought of this team as a whole and the effort of any particular players, I take Witten's words at face value. He is straight up class, a perennial professional.

Well looky there another false start on 82! :)

Reaction score
I don't really want to fight him.
Though, I normally do want to fight any adult male I see wearing a Santa Hat if he's not actually Santa or a mall Santa, or doing a play about Santa or something like that.

I suppose you'd fare much better picking a fight with a mall Santa than Witten - we all know he can take a mean shot in the jaw! lol

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Though, I normally do want to fight any adult male I see wearing a Santa Hat if he's not actually Santa or a mall Santa, or doing a play about Santa or something like that.

Xanax my friend. Plus if you lose the fight you won't know.

coult44

Reaction score

You do realize he's at the children's hospital with that hat on right?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suppose you'd fare much better picking a fight with a mall Santa than Witten - we all know he can take a mean shot in the jaw! lol

I'm basically CZ's version of Jason Witten. I'm pretty sure I could take him.

But, see...I'm wearing a Santa hat myself, now. The cognitive dissonance is making me want to punch myself.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do realize he's at the children's hospital with that hat on right?

Way to take all the fun out of a little harmless cyber-bullying. I did not realize that. Now I feel bad for saying I wanted to beat him up for it. He probably wants to punch himself in the face, too, but can't do it because of the kids.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The player's job is to play. No player should ever think, feel or say anything else.

Well they've got a right to have an opinion just like anybody else but player talk falls on deaf ears for me. You fight, fight, fight, show your character, never give up, believe and whatever other meaningless crap you can drum up. Your team has no shot and I hope you lose out to maximize our draft ammo.

It'd be pretty damn sweet to have the top pick overall.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I would expect players to be playing their hardest in order to keep their jobs. Now, rotating guys in and out to see "what they have", regardless of the score, would also be my strategy....

silver

Reaction score
I don't think it will matter. We didn't lose 8 games by playing to lose. We lost them due to a lack of talent at the QB and other important positions. Nothing has changed talent-wise to think this team will all of a sudden go on a winning streak.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect the players to say it. Wanting to win and actually doing it are 2 different things.

Wallowing in misery and actually drowning is also 2 different things.

Looking for the worst and trying to find some good now that's practically impossible.

bodi

Reaction score
If I had to bet on anyone in the world it'd be Tony Romo"

say what ? for this year ?

COME ON MAN

black label

Reaction score
I cant decide, Do i want a meaningless win or do I want a potential game changer top 5 pick.

Craig

Reaction score
Why does witten keep responding to these stupid questions. Its actually starting to be annoying.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If fan will was enough to sway the outcome, we wouldn't be 3-7, would we?

You don't want players that quit, that doesn't mean that as a fan, I want to go 8-8 and get curb stomped in the wildcard.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Those Salvation army santas have a stash of cash, sounds like a good target for ya!