Witten has broken ribs? Out for how long? *Merge*

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I hope all the injuries makes these guys realize what they gave away last year. Their play for the last month was uninspired and flat. It carried over into the playoff game vs the Giants. Maybe they'll realize that when you've got an opportunity in hand like they did last year, you don't waste it.

This season is far from over...but it's not looking great right now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This should not be that shocking.

Witten is tough as can be and if he couldn't come back and play Sunday, you knew something was very wrong.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Alexander;2380453 said:
This should not be that shocking.

Witten is tough as can be and if he couldn't come back and play Sunday, you knew something was very wrong.

Exactly. You knew it was really, really serious for him to say he couldn't go.

Just rest him for two weeks, I say. There's a pretty good chance we'd lose even if he did play, and it would only delay his healing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2380478 said:
Exactly. You knew it was really, really serious for him to say he couldn't go.

Just rest him for two weeks, I say. There's a pretty good chance we'd lose even if he did play, and it would only delay his healing.

Getting Bennett in the draft is looking like a wise move about right now. Clearly he is not a pro bowl TE like Witten but Bennett is a talented kid who can provide help.

superpunk

Reaction score
I love Jason Witten. He's a beast and I'm sure no matter what he wants to play against the Giants. Wasn't he the one who chastised some guy in a Giants hat during the preseason? (Was a cool story)

Get some rest, Big fella. Martellus Bennett has the field on lock-down. :)

sweetness0986

Reaction score
And they keep on coming. This sucks. I can't wait to see our team mostly healthy again.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dallas22;2380403 said:
They just said that he could try to play with pain medication especially since the deeper into the season we go, the more important each game is and the more the Cowboys NEED everyone in there. I think that Bennett & Curtis can hold it down (recieving-wise) until Romo gets back in, but we HAVE to have Witten in there by the 16th after our bye week. I hope that IF he plays he doesn't RE-injure it or it's over this season for him... these injuries just NEVER stop coming do they?

DAMN

I prefer Curtis to just stay in and block. Every time he catches the ball he almost or does fumble it. He goes down on first contact also. Now you know why Bennett was taken in the 2nd. When you're tight end is so important to your offense receiving wise you better have a viable contingency that doesn't blow up the cap.

How else do you do that other than the draft? This kid can catch and run after it. Witten definitely better hands, running routes, blocking, reliability, just the best TE in the league but Bennett runs after the catch better in my opinion, he's faster and better ups. Witten will be absolutely missed, don't get me wrong but Bennett is of good use also.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BadKarma;2380412 said:
I hope they rest Anthony Henry longer...he needs to get healthy. I say, sit him out until the end of the season. :D

:hammer:

IMHO.....JMO, mind you. I think Henry was yanked. I don't think he's "injured" .

Or maybe that's what I wanted to happen. Hey a fella can dream, right?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Rack;2380388 said:
Rest him. He'd get all this week and all next week off, then probably part of the week after that.

Rest him. The final stretch will be more important then this sunday's game.

Yes. Rest him.
He deserves it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2380534 said:
Delete this post! We don't need any MORE bad luck!!!!:D

Better hope those rookie corners have no issues in practice. I say we switch Hamlin to SS and put Henry at FS this week. Last thing we need is his hobbling asss isolated on the corner against Plaxico. We all know how that goes. Keith Davis sure isn't going to be able to help Henry over top much on the jump ball 40 yards deep. I say we put Jenkins on Plax with Henry over top. Scandrick or Ball on the other side against Toomer with Hamlin over top if necessary.

Brandon Jacobs is going to force 1 of our safeties to come up in the box, he's a load to take down. Our D line is going to be key in this game, how much penetration they get on run plays and how many attacking lanes they can create for the LB's on the pass plays. Usually it's the other way around but they need to chip at Jacobs before the LBs get to him cause he doesn't go down on first contact.

crazytown41

Reaction score
What the usual timetable for a broken rib? I think our offense is good enough to playwithout him until Dec. Our toughest stretch.

On the brightside, at least most our injured players aren't out for the season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2380567 said:
Better hope those rookie corners have no issues in practice. I say we switch Hamlin to SS and put Henry at FS this week. Last thing we need is his hobbling asss isolated on the corner against Plaxico. We all know how that goes. Keith Davis sure isn't going to be able to help Henry over top much on the jump ball 40 yards deep. I say we put Jenkins on Plax with Henry over top. Scandrick or Ball on the other side against Toomer with Hamlin over top if necessary.

Brandon Jacobs is going to force 1 of our safeties to come up in the box, he's a load to take down. Our D line is going to be key in this game, how much penetration they get on run plays and how many attacking lanes they can create for the LB's on the pass plays. Usually it's the other way around but they need to chip at Jacobs before the LBs get to him cause he doesn't go down on first contact.

Your thoughts are not unlike you lower intestine; Stinky and loaded with danger.............. :cool:

chargrove

Reaction score
Let's just punt on first down against the Giants instead of actually trying to play. And let Witten rest this week.

footballfanny

Reaction score
I think Witten might try to play. He is a tough guy, my favorite player, he hates to sit out. If he does play, then I pray he receives no further injuries. :pray:

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
footballfanny;2380680 said:
I think Witten might try to play. He is a tough guy, my favorite player, he hates to sit out. If he does play, then I pray he receives no further injuries. :pray:
Jason will play Sunday.

Thank goodness it is just a broken rib, and not something serious like a broken pinky finger. Imagine how long Jason would be out with that :eek:

footballfanny

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2380723 said:
Jason will play Sunday.

Thank goodness it is just a broken rib, and not something serious like a broken pinky finger. Imagine how long Jason would be out with that :eek:

:lmao2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well i tried to tell some of your zoners that witten has been playing hurt and something wrong with his ribs; i even suggested trading for tony gonzales, but i got shot down,now what do you have to say?