Witten has broken ribs? Out for how long? *Merge*

superpunk

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380748 said:
well i tried to tell some of your zoners that witten has been playing hurt and something wrong with his ribs; i even suggested trading for tony gonzales, but i got shot down,now what do you have to say?
Thanks for the heads up, Doogie Howser?

I don't know. What sort of affirmation are you looking for? Do you really think it would have been wise to give up a third round pick (for a player that the Chiefs didn't even part with for a third, so it would have taken more) who is at the end of his career, when we have possibly the best TE in the league already, and gave up all that for Roy Williams....given all the circumstances, your idea was nonsensical, and remains that way whether or not Jason plays another snap this season. We invested a second in Martellus. He's gonna have to step up - Tony Gonzalez wouldn't have made a difference.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If it's broken, or cracked, or whatever, he'll miss Sunday's game (and he probably should) but he'll be back and ready to go for the Washington game and the stretch run.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2380782 said:
If it's broken, or cracked, or whatever, he'll miss Sunday's game (and he probably should) but he'll be back and ready to go for the Washington game and the stretch run.

when did you get a chance to speak with him?

jwhardin

Reaction score
Jason has a cracked rib and might play with protective gear, Henry has a slight Quad tear and also might be able to play per DMN Blog on DC.com

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2380478 said:
Just rest him for two weeks, I say. There's a pretty good chance we'd lose even if he did play, and it would only delay his healing.

I think this can be a statement game either way. Let the young, healthy guys play and see if they can stay with the Giants. If we lose by only a few points, then it tells everyone on this roster that at full strength, we should take teams out.

Let players rest and come back strong for the stretch run, starting with the Commanders.

I think this team will have a renewed confidence and focus after the bye.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2381030 said:
I think this can be a statement game either way. Let the young, healthy guys play and see if they can stay with the Giants. If we lose by only a few points, then it tells everyone on this roster that at full strength, we should take teams out.

Let players rest and come back strong for the stretch run, starting with the Commanders.

I think this team will have a renewed confidence and focus after the bye.
:hammer::giants:

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
he plays with all heart and leaves nothing on the table. it will be hard to keep him off the field.:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
burmafrd;2380384 said:
Now didn't Witten have an X Ray after the game (or was it during the game?) and that said he did NOT have a broken rib?

DWhite Fan;2380723 said:
Jason will play Sunday.

Thank goodness it is just a broken rib, and not something serious like a broken pinky finger. Imagine how long Jason would be out with that :eek:

While I understand your pathetic attempts at 'humor' and real confusion about the break. But for Tony's sack, it's not a pinkie fracture. That's been repeated so much it's now "fact". It's a 'hand' fracture and would be beyond stupid for him to play with. Imagine that.:eek:

:rolleyes:

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Wit is a tough dude but let's not be stupid out there. Tellus is still inconsistent, but I haven't noticed any big mistakes lately. If the ribs are cracked, two weeks rest will have them in a much better state than they will be if he takes a shot to them this weekend.

And honestly, I don't think Wit is going to make that big a difference. The OL can either protect the QB or they can't.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
jobberone;2381759 said:
While I understand your pathetic attempts at 'humor' and real confusion about the break. But for Tony's sack, it's not a pinkie fracture. That's been repeated so much it's now "fact". It's a 'hand' fracture and would be beyond stupid for him to play with. Imagine that.:eek:

:rolleyes:

Over react much?

And for you information, I am one that has been saying not to risk playing Romo till he is healthy.
What is truly pathetic is how people fly-off-the-handle!:laugh2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Witten with cracked ribs and Henry with a quad tear.

This is almost becoming comical now, we can barely even field a complete unit now.

We are going to get freaking smoked by the G-men with half the team on the sideline.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I wanna see Bennett on the field. Curtis is terrible.

Curtis Isn't even that good of a blocker.

Ren

Reaction score
ethiostar;2380391 said:
Good grief, when it rains it pours.

I guess it's a long time coming considering how lucky this team has been on the injury front for a while now.

we've not been lucky for a while we've had injuries this year we're just really unlucky