Twitter: Witten to coach high school

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The guy is an all time great Cowboy that deserved a better fate. The NFL is a goat rodeo right now so hopefully he has a great time coaching those kids.

Aven8

Reaction score
The guy is an all time great Cowboy that deserved a better fate. The NFL is a goat rodeo right now so hopefully he has a great time coaching those kids.

Well if he puts in his time like his fellow teammate and backup he can too some day be a HC.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Sounds like a great next step. He'll learn a lot about if he has a passion for coaching there. Heck, might love it so much he never moves up.

All the best to him and his kids.

Mannix

Reaction score
He is a no nonsense guy.....he will have those kids ready to False Start each and every game! :laugh:

Motorola

Reaction score
Low pressure? Coaching high school ball in Texas, low pressure?
Plus the new rookie head coach is a Dallas Cowboy legend...imagine how his colleagues will stoke their teams when Liberty Christian is the next opponent.

This is exactly what I expected him to do. Start coaching in high school and see where it goes.
I'm reasoning Witten will coach there until his sons graduate (assuming they will be playing football). Are they high school age already?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe he can get Ranching to mentor him coaching HS football in Texas?
It definitely isn't the NFL, but Texas HS football is very competitive. 80 to 90 hour work weeks. A lot of fun and get to really make a difference in young players lives beyond football. Just this weekend I helped one of my players from 11 years ago out of a jamb. They'll never forget him.