Woman Booted From Flight for Boarding With ‘Emotional Support’ Squirrel

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I’d just like a good American company to start up. A little higher price,but better standards and class of people. Everything has turned into Greyhound Airlines you know? It sucks...

It's mainly because most people just use a price search engine like priceline or orbitz and grab the cheapest price possible. The service quality has gone way down from where it was in the 70s. You can, however, choose "premium economy" which is basically coach plus extras. I considered that but then decided to just go with first class. The flight was a lot more comfortable.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Someone comes on my plane with an emotional support squirrel, let them have it. They're dead*** crazy and I don't want to see what they're like without the squirrel.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1364836752_squirrel_gets_catapulted.gif
I have a disturbed mind. Every time I see one of these I want to yell "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" :laugh:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It's mainly because most people just use a price search engine like priceline or orbitz and grab the cheapest price possible. The service quality has gone way down from where it was in the 70s. You can, however, choose "premium economy" which is basically coach plus extras. I considered that but then decided to just go with first class. The flight was a lot more comfortable.
It’s more about I just don’t like the expierance of flying due to our societies malfunction junction issues. It’s like we’re living a zoo and no one has consideration for one another. Always some knucklehead around to ruin and frustrate your mood,personal space and time. Let’s say I was in first class? There’s a chance some moron needs to be removed in back,and everyone has to sit there on a tarmac going nowhere ect.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s more about I just don’t like the expierance of flying due to our societies malfunction junction issues. It’s like we’re living a zoo and no one has consideration for one another. Always some knucklehead around to ruin and frustrate your mood,personal space and time. Let’s say I was in first class? There’s a chance some moron needs to be removed in back,and everyone has to sit there on a tarmac going nowhere ect.
People just suck. It's not the airline's fault....I'm guessing. I haven't flown since '95.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

True, first class isn't a magic bullet to guarantee no frustrations with flying. It definitely did help quite a bit though. If I could afford to, I would fly first class all the time. Hey, if I could afford to, I would always book a private charter jet, but that ain't going to happen. First class made my flight two and from Boston may more comfortable and the food was better. I did still have a long and boring layover in Chicago. I'll always at least check the prices of the various classes when searching for a flight. If I can afford first class, I'll go with it. If I can only afford premium economy, I'll go with that. I'll only settle for basic coach if that's definitely all I can afford. There are also other options. It's actually possible to take an AmTrak train across the country, though I've never done it. And it's still possible to take a ship to Europe, something I fully intend to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People just suck. It's not the airline's fault....I'm guessing. I haven't flown since '95.
People are too much into themselves to notice what's going on around them, the disintegration of a society because of self-centeredness.

I used to fly weekly back in the 70's-80's but that was back when you could just walk onto a plane. Nothing like the regulations now and that just adds to the overall awesome person mood of too many people. And back then, a passenger had to really do something to get kicked off.

I've had some memorable flights, scary as hell too but my favorite for pure stupidity was when I was flying coach on a sold out 3 hour flight and they were requesting fliers to take a later flight. I was on the aisle and there was a lady on the window so that put us on Middle Seat Lookout to see if we'd get lucky and get a thin little old lady and I was looking down at my Discman when I hear "Oh my God" coming from the window, I look over at her and follow her shocked eyes to a guy coming sown the aisle touching each seat on the side. He was at least 400-450lbs and pear shaped and there were two people ahead of him. I quickly jumped up and made way for the first guy but he went past me and then the lady next in line said that was her seat. I could have hugged her and paid for her fare.

Well, the guy had an assigned seat, the aisle seat right in front of me. I watched him reach over, raise the arm rest between the aisle and middle seat and plop his ample butt down with a painful exhale, easily taking up half the middle seat. The entire plane is watching this guy wondering how in the hell he's going to fit in that seat. He was not only fat but squishy because his girth spilled out into the aisle under and over the arm rest. He had to put the seat back just to breathe. As the flight attendant walked by, he asked her for a seat belt extension. Before she went to the front, she looked at me and rolled her eyes. The fun was just beginning because the lady that had the barely vacant middle seat next to him was approaching

I watched her locating her seat with the seat numbers and as she got about 4 rows from her seat, I saw her eyes begin to widen and I knew we were in for a great show. She put her stuff in the overhead and told the guy that was her seat and he began to attempt to stand up to let her in because there was no way she was getting past him. I quickly looked around and every eye was on what was unfolding. He finally got to a standing position and was obviously annoyed at being asked to move and kick in his dormant metabolism.

As she starts in, she flips down the arm rest thinking that is going to protect her, this guy is coming over that like the Blob. He tells her she will have to raise the arm rest and she says "no, I need the armrests". He angrily punches the flight attendant button and the one with his extension belt comes back and I am surprised she hasn't quit. He tells her that "this woman refuses to raise the arm rest and I cannot fit in there". There is a stalemate and the attendant suggests putting him in the middle with the two arm rests raised. Now, the innocent bystander on the aisle entered the game and just flatly says "No, your boarding agent should not have let this guy on a sold out flight with a ticket for only one seat". And he was right.

So, in about a minute, the Captain and the boarding agent are back to get involved and I see passengers from 1st Class standing in the door watching this scene. Where oh where was my camera phone back then? This is getting really funny and I could see the Captain was hoping the boarding agent had something in mind. He told the Captain he'd already asked for people to give up their seats with a lack of results.

So, since I am heading outbound and not doing anything but checking in the hotel and playing Cliff and/or Norm in the hotel bar, I asked them to walk with me upfront, I may have a workable solution. Fortunately, the guy was behind me so I could get out and up the aisle. I explained to them that the agent should not have let this guy board but for two 1st class tickets and a replacement for mine, 1st class on the next flight, I would give up my seat. They could move one of the passengers from the seats in front of me, and give the guy two seats and a seat belt extension. The flight attendant looked as if she was going to cry and wanted to hug me. The boarding agent said "deal", the Captain thanked me and I went down the aisle to get my carry on.

I grabbed my bag, and told the two people up front what was taking place. They thanked me and as I was walking up the aisle, the passengers began to applaud and whistle and as I get to the 1st class cabin, I turned and bowed gracefully. They were clapping and laughing and as I walked by the flight attendant and she said "I put a little something in your garment bag as a token of our thanks". It was two barf bags filled with little bottles of whiskey.

I was flying 1st class on the next flight, had two 1st class tickets free for my wife and me and two barf bags full of hooch. I thought to myself 'hey, fat people ain't so bad".

I would say sorry for the length of that but you know me better than that and recalling details from events of long ago, that was the late 70's, is good mental stimulation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People are too much into themselves to notice what's going on around them, the disintegration of a society because of self-centeredness.

I used to fly weekly back in the 70's-80's but that was back when you could just walk onto a plane. Nothing like the regulations now and that just adds to the overall awesome person mood of too many people. And back then, a passenger had to really do something to get kicked off.

I've had some memorable flights, scary as hell too but my favorite for pure stupidity was when I was flying coach on a sold out 3 hour flight and they were requesting fliers to take a later flight. I was on the aisle and there was a lady on the window so that put us on Middle Seat Lookout to see if we'd get lucky and get a thin little old lady and I was looking down at my Discman when I hear "Oh my God" coming from the window, I look over at her and follow her shocked eyes to a guy coming sown the aisle touching each seat on the side. He was at least 400-450lbs and pear shaped and there were two people ahead of him. I quickly jumped up and made way for the first guy but he went past me and then the lady next in line said that was her seat. I could have hugged her and paid for her fare.

Well, the guy had an assigned seat, the aisle seat right in front of me. I watched him reach over, raise the arm rest between the aisle and middle seat and plop his ample butt down with a painful exhale, easily taking up half the middle seat. The entire plane is watching this guy wondering how in the hell he's going to fit in that seat. He was not only fat but squishy because his girth spilled out into the aisle under and over the arm rest. He had to put the seat back just to breathe. As the flight attendant walked by, he asked her for a seat belt extension. Before she went to the front, she looked at me and rolled her eyes. The fun was just beginning because the lady that had the barely vacant middle seat next to him was approaching

I watched her locating her seat with the seat numbers and as she got about 4 rows from her seat, I saw her eyes begin to widen and I knew we were in for a great show. She put her stuff in the overhead and told the guy that was her seat and he began to attempt to stand up to let her in because there was no way she was getting past him. I quickly looked around and every eye was on what was unfolding. He finally got to a standing position and was obviously annoyed at being asked to move and kick in his dormant metabolism.

As she starts in, she flips down the arm rest thinking that is going to protect her, this guy is coming over that like the Blob. He tells her she will have to raise the arm rest and she says "no, I need the armrests". He angrily punches the flight attendant button and the one with his extension belt comes back and I am surprised she hasn't quit. He tells her that "this woman refuses to raise the arm rest and I cannot fit in there". There is a stalemate and the attendant suggests putting him in the middle with the two arm rests raised. Now, the innocent bystander on the aisle entered the game and just flatly says "No, your boarding agent should not have let this guy on a sold out flight with a ticket for only one seat". And he was right.

So, in about a minute, the Captain and the boarding agent are back to get involved and I see passengers from 1st Class standing in the door watching this scene. Where oh where was my camera phone back then? This is getting really funny and I could see the Captain was hoping the boarding agent had something in mind. He told the Captain he'd already asked for people to give up their seats with a lack of results.

So, since I am heading outbound and not doing anything but checking in the hotel and playing Cliff and/or Norm in the hotel bar, I asked them to walk with me upfront, I may have a workable solution. Fortunately, the guy was behind me so I could get out and up the aisle. I explained to them that the agent should not have let this guy board but for two 1st class tickets and a replacement for mine, 1st class on the next flight, I would give up my seat. They could move one of the passengers from the seats in front of me, and give the guy two seats and a seat belt extension. The flight attendant looked as if she was going to cry and wanted to hug me. The boarding agent said "deal", the Captain thanked me and I went down the aisle to get my carry on.

I grabbed my bag, and told the two people up front what was taking place. They thanked me and as I was walking up the aisle, the passengers began to applaud and whistle and as I get to the 1st class cabin, I turned and bowed gracefully. They were clapping and laughing and as I walked by the flight attendant and she said "I put a little something in your garment bag as a token of our thanks". It was two barf bags filled with little bottles of whiskey.

I was flying 1st class on the next flight, had two 1st class tickets free for my wife and me and two barf bags full of hooch. I thought to myself 'hey, fat people ain't so bad".

I would say sorry for the length of that but you know me better than that and recalling details from events of long ago, that was the late 70's, is good mental stimulation.
I don't know why, but I was picturing you as Steve Martin's character from Roxeanne in that story. It's a great story, but I still hate to see a jackass get his way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why, but I was picturing you as Steve Martin's character from Roxeanne in that story. It's a great story, but I still hate to see a jackass get his way.
Agree, but I was the one that really scored out of the whole scene and was the hero of that story all of those passengers would tell later. I think they would have eventually found someone to take a better deal but I decided to get proactive.

What I left out was that the boarding agent told me he offered that guy a 1st class on the next flight and he refused and was pretty nasty about it. Precedents have set since that time requiring passengers of a certain size to purchase two tickets. And back then, they weren't as heavy handed as they've become lately. In all my flights, and there have been too many to count, I only saw people kicked off a flight once.