Women's World Cup

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were plenty of opportunities for Cyborg to fight Rousey, Rousey wasn't having it. How do you discount Rousey saying she would fight Carano at 145 but not Cyborg after Cyborg forced Carano into retirement. That's clear as day.

After she lost to Zingano she was still ranked above Holm, yet Holm skated to a title fight. Bethe Correia was an undefeated fighter based on beating no one of note and winning most of her fights based on decisions, yet she got the fight instead of of Nunes. Like I said, they looked for people that wouldn't knock her out.

And who had Nunez beaten? When you are a nobody and lose to another nobody, your name doesn't exactly go back to the top of the list. You can bash Correia and Holm all you want, but they had better cases than Nunez at the time.

As for Cyborg, as i've said about a dozen times, she was a steroid cheat and Rousey didn't want to fight her at 145. And since you like making the "who beat who" arguments, what great fighter did cyborg beat? She was mostly sqaushing smaller women.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if this will effect the narrative of the women being under paid

U.S. Soccer Federation President Says The Women’s National Team Has Lost $27.5 Million Since 2009
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/29/u-s-soccer-federation-president-womens-national-team-losses/

I think the losing money is less embarrassing for the RapinHoes than this one:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...says-uswnt-has-made-more-than-the-men?src=com

They just assumed they were underpaid and had no actual facts.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Galian Beast

Reaction score
And who had Nunez beaten? When you are a nobody and lose to another nobody, your name doesn't exactly go back to the top of the list. You can bash Correia and Holm all you want, but they had better cases than Nunez at the time.

As for Cyborg, as i've said about a dozen times, she was a steroid cheat and Rousey didn't want to fight her at 145. And since you like making the "who beat who" arguments, what great fighter did cyborg beat? She was mostly sqaushing smaller women.

Who is the nobody that she lost to?

I think you largely don't understand the flawed ranking system, though better than nothing in some regards.

Rousey didn't want to fight her at 145 because she was scared. She didn't even want to fight her at 140 or 135. Period, she has always been afraid of Cyborg.

Cyborg has beaten Holly Holm, Marloes Coenen twice, Gina Carano, but more to the point she has beaten everyone and hasn't run from people and she has knocked them the hell out.

Again, please look at the knockout success rate of the fighters that Rousey lost to and the ones that she beat and tell me there isn't a striking (no pun intended) difference. And the fight that everyone wanted and that would have made tons of money, Rousey refused with Cyborg, who also has a knockout percentage that is extremely high.

There is no way of ignoring it. She was a really good grappler, who fought people who were specifically less experienced at grappling with her, who had no real likelihood of knocking her out.

She finally faced someone who could knock her out, and what happened? She got knocked out. She faced another person who could knock her out, and what happened? She got knocked out even worse...

There are a slew of fighters out there who have well-rounded games right now. She doesn't stand a chance against any of them and she knows it, which is again why she retired.

She can't stay #1 forever and keep getting title fights loss after loss, so she would end up fighting some of these "no names" as you called them, who finally were able to climb the ranks by beating the media's named fighters, that were only known because they fought Rousey.

You look at the fighters that Rousey fought and you can see a distinct trend that largely none of them aside from Tate are accomplished. The next best was Zingano who just had a terrible fight against her.

You make your name fighting nobodies, and ducking anyone who actually threatens you, and people like you eat it up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is the nobody that she lost to?

I think you largely don't understand the flawed ranking system, though better than nothing in some regards.

Rousey didn't want to fight her at 145 because she was scared. She didn't even want to fight her at 140 or 135. Period, she has always been afraid of Cyborg.

Cyborg has beaten Holly Holm, Marloes Coenen twice, Gina Carano, but more to the point she has beaten everyone and hasn't run from people and she has knocked them the hell out.

Again, please look at the knockout success rate of the fighters that Rousey lost to and the ones that she beat and tell me there isn't a striking (no pun intended) difference. And the fight that everyone wanted and that would have made tons of money, Rousey refused with Cyborg, who also has a knockout percentage that is extremely high.

There is no way of ignoring it. She was a really good grappler, who fought people who were specifically less experienced at grappling with her, who had no real likelihood of knocking her out.

She finally faced someone who could knock her out, and what happened? She got knocked out. She faced another person who could knock her out, and what happened? She got knocked out even worse...

There are a slew of fighters out there who have well-rounded games right now. She doesn't stand a chance against any of them and she knows it, which is again why she retired.

She can't stay #1 forever and keep getting title fights loss after loss, so she would end up fighting some of these "no names" as you called them, who finally were able to climb the ranks by beating the media's named fighters, that were only known because they fought Rousey.

You look at the fighters that Rousey fought and you can see a distinct trend that largely none of them aside from Tate are accomplished. The next best was Zingano who just had a terrible fight against her.

You make your name fighting nobodies, and ducking anyone who actually threatens you, and people like you eat it up.

She lost to Cat Zingano......who lost to Rhonda .....who you said hadn't beaten anyone. Pick a side of the fence.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
She lost to Cat Zingano......who lost to Rhonda .....who you said hadn't beaten anyone. Pick a side of the fence.

You must be of the mind that if you beat someone in martial arts, you're better than anyone they have beaten...

It doesn't work like that.

It's also not my point that she beat no one, my point is that she largely fought people who weren't credible and created a name for that. People thought she was the best fighter in the world, yet most of the best female fighters weren't even in the UFC at this point for many different reasons. My point is that when she had a chance to fight the best, she largely ducked it, extended or shortened the schedule for a fight, or fought people when they were coming off an injury... literally what someone does when they are picking their opponents in order to win.

Great champions don't do that.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

And you still haven't responded to the knockout success rate differences, because you have no response to it. Night and day difference.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must be of the mind that if you beat someone in martial arts, you're better than anyone they have beaten...

It doesn't work like that.

It's also not my point that she beat no one, my point is that she largely fought people who weren't credible and created a name for that. People thought she was the best fighter in the world, yet most of the best female fighters weren't even in the UFC at this point for many different reasons. My point is that when she had a chance to fight the best, she largely ducked it, extended or shortened the schedule for a fight, or fought people when they were coming off an injury... literally what someone does when they are picking their opponents in order to win.

Great champions don't do that.

I'm not saying she was a great champion as defined by you or whoever makes such determinations. I'm saying she was the first, most successful, and a UFC HOFer. Did she have a storybook ending? No. She fought whoever was available to fight in the UFC at 135. Was she supposed to go hunt down your top ten ?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you still haven't responded to the knockout success rate differences, because you have no response to it. Night and day difference.

You seem real impressed by that stat. Knockout success rates are irrelevent when your talking about a wrestler/ju jitsu fighter.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are probably going to pop, but I think Rousey is better than Holm and Nunez. She was a different fighter after Holm caught her and it took her 2 years to get back. She was not the same confident fighter afterward. I think she lost to Holm b/c she tried to fight on her feet which is not her strength. Thats what i saw. She gave up trying to take down Holm way too easy. She didn't respect her opponent's skillset and approached the fight in a very arrogant way. The Nunez fight never should have happened. She was done after Holm.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm not saying she was a great champion as defined by you or whoever makes such determinations. I'm saying she was the first, most successful, and a UFC HOFer. Did she have a storybook ending? No. She fought whoever was available to fight in the UFC at 135. Was she supposed to go hunt down your top ten ?

Being first doesn't make you great. Nor does it make you a hall of famer. You're praising her on her ability to be promoted by an organization that wanted her to make money for them and she was certainly successful in that regard. She, however, did not fight the best fighters available and that was clear as day. And she clearly made it impossible to fight the best when she ducks the one person everyone wanted her to fight.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
You are probably going to pop, but I think Rousey is better than Holm and Nunez. She was a different fighter after Holm caught her and it took her 2 years to get back. She was not the same confident fighter afterward. I think she lost to Holm b/c she tried to fight on her feet which is not her strength. Thats what i saw. She gave up trying to take down Holm way too easy. She didn't respect her opponent's skillset and approached the fight in a very arrogant way. The Nunez fight never should have happened. She was done after Holm.

That's probably the end of this discussion. You're hilarious.

She didn't just give up on trying to take them down. Watch the fights. She tried to take both of them down. It's just not that easy when you have to deal with someone who has striking capability. To take someone down, you have to get within their striking range, which is exactly what happened in both fights. She did think she was a world-class striker, but she never once gave up on trying to grapple these girls. Actually, watch the fights. She tries to in both of them.

The reason why she can't beat these girls now is that they're all strikers now. They all have that element and Rousey doesn't.

The notion that she is better than Holm and Nunes (not Nunez) is absolutely ridiculous. Holm is an above average fighter, but she is much more rounded than Rousey, and an excellent striker. Nunes is the most well rounded female fighter in the history of professional MMA. And is already doing things Rousey never did including going up a weight class to fight better fighters, and before it is all over, I bet at some point she tries to go down to 125. She has beaten everyone who has held the belt.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being first doesn't make you great. Nor does it make you a hall of famer. You're praising her on her ability to be promoted by an organization that wanted her to make money for them and she was certainly successful in that regard. She, however, did not fight the best fighters available and that was clear as day. And she clearly made it impossible to fight the best when she ducks the one person everyone wanted her to fight.

You know she is LITERALLY being inducted into the UFC HOF , right? That is not my praise. Its a fact.

You don't like her and you have made that very clear. But, she defended her title 8 times and usually finished opponents in round 1. Could care less about Nunez. I'm not buying her fights.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's probably the end of this discussion. You're hilarious.

She didn't just give up on trying to take them down. Watch the fights. She tried to take both of them down. It's just not that easy when you have to deal with someone who has striking capability. To take someone down, you have to get within their striking range, which is exactly what happened in both fights. She did think she was a world-class striker, but she never once gave up on trying to grapple these girls. Actually, watch the fights. She tries to in both of them.

The reason why she can't beat these girls now is that they're all strikers now. They all have that element and Rousey doesn't.

The notion that she is better than Holm and Nunes (not Nunez) is absolutely ridiculous. Holm is an above average fighter, but she is much more rounded than Rousey, and an excellent striker. Nunes is the most well rounded female fighter in the history of professional MMA. And is already doing things Rousey never did including going up a weight class to fight better fighters, and before it is all over, I bet at some point she tries to go down to 125. She has beaten everyone who has held the belt.

So you must think Royce Gracie is a fraud, lol.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
You know she is LITERALLY being inducted into the UFC HOF , right? That is not my praise. Its a fact.

You don't like her and you have made that very clear. But, she defended her title 8 times and usually finished opponents in round 1. Could care less about Nunez. I'm not buying her fights.

She defended her title 8 times? Are you sure about that?

Who is Nunez?