Women's World Cup

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
US completely dominated this game. Took the Netherlands 77 minutes to get a shot on goal.

Bigdog

Reaction score
All 8 of the teams that made the knock out round were from Europe except the US I believe.
From the quarterfinals on you are correct. I believe the knockout rounds are right after the group stages and Brazil and Canada were there also although it was brief one game.

erod

Reaction score
Megan Rapinoe almost made me root against them. Her obsession with "you know who" was over the top.
She knows we have have much better players in the U-20s than her, Morgan, and others. Trying to get her politics in while she can.

ghst187

Reaction score
In more exciting news....paint dries down at the new McDonalds....

erod

Reaction score
I don't like making a call here and changing the outcome of a title game on such a thing. This kind of thing shouldn't result in a penalty kick. Feels cheesy. Ruined the game i think.
You can't kick a player in the shoulder while she's making a play in on the ball in the box. That's as obvious as it gets.

And it didn't decide anything. The Dutch couldn't even get into the USA final third and do anything.

Looked like a scrimmage against a JV squad.

jimmy40

Reaction score
US completely dominated this game. Took the Netherlands 77 minutes to get a shot on goal.
well, when you're not really trying to score but just keep the other team from scoring.....I think they call it soccer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:flagwave:
355456.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
I hope the Men's team will win the World Cup tonight, it would be cool to see women and men's team win it all in 1 day

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I hope the Men's team will win the World Cup tonight, it would be cool to see women and men's team win it all in 1 day

Had their chances but couldn't finish.

Time to retire Bradly from the National team, the guy is a defensive liability and a turn over machine.

Carson

Reaction score

Time to retire Bradly from the National team, the guy is a defensive liability and a turn over machine.

Berhalter is just another dud coach here. Substitutions were terrible.

Team needs to rid themselves of Zardes, Bradley and let some of the younger guys play. I don’t mind Altidore in a Carli Lloyd type role. But man. They STINK!!!!

Why no Tim Weah? Josh Sargent?

5 of these guys are gonna get 50 caps from the U-20 : Weah, Pomykal, Gloster, Dest, and Richards. Mendez and Soto have shots, too.

It’s ridiculous to trot out the same old guys who show nothing and improve nothing. The U-20 and the guys listed are going to be amazing players. But will they get the opportunity to prove it? Or are we stuck with guys like Bradley, Jozy, Zardes etc

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score

It is too bad but that is okay, it could have been worse, both women and men could have lost

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats to the USWNT. Not an easy bunch to get behind, though. Between the politics, absurd demands to paid like the men, and poor sportsmanship, I stopped caring if they won. They made the game itself into a sideshow and soapbox.