Twitter: Wondering what Miles is up to? Playing cards

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
my mind makes connections like that, pretty much the only way I can be funny.

Hate to say, if you have that observational ability, just add a prick comment @ the end and your golden (jk):D Don't short yourself brudda, the world will take care of that on its own (to everyone), no need to add personal fuel;)

Last edited:

rkell87

Reaction score
Hate to say, if you have that observational ability, just add a prick comment @ the end and your golden (jk):D Don't short yourself brudda, the world will take care of that on its own (to everyone), no need to add personal fuel;)
that is pretty much what I do lol

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Most of the time you go home like he's doing

You would know better than anyone on this site since you are a professional poker player. The best I can come up with is he went all in blind, pre-flop in the hopes of doubling up a very short stack to give him some breathing room. He got called by the hammer and missed every card.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You would know better than anyone on this site since you are a professional poker player. The best I can come up with is he went all in blind, pre-flop in the hopes of doubling up a very short stack to give him some breathing room. He got called by the hammer and missed every card.

Yea, hos, that's one of the main ways to tell a players experience level as well as betting or raising every hand and going all in an usual amount early in a tournament. I should have tweeted him to tell my ole buddy Mike Sexton hello...he's a good guy and decent player himself.

I think I told the story about when Emmitt came to kick off the 2011 WSOP and actually played in it...I even offered to let him wear my Cowboys cap I was wearing at the time, anyway I was talking with his bodyguard and he went on and on about how Emmitt was taking this real serious and wanted to do well.......well Emmitt didn't make it the first break which is two hours into the tournament and he figured out quick that the WSOP is not wear you go to try and learn the game. I had a few laughs with him and then we went on our separate ways....me to a table, Emmitt to the airport

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yea, hos, that's one of the main ways to tell a players experience level as well as betting or raising every hand and going all in an usual amount early in a tournament. I should have tweeted him to tell my ole buddy Mike Sexton hello...he's a good guy and decent player himself.

I think I told the story about when Emmitt came to kick off the 2011 WSOP and actually played in it...I even offered to let him wear my Cowboys cap I was wearing at the time, anyway I was talking with his bodyguard and he went on and on about how Emmitt was taking this real serious and wanted to do well.......well Emmitt didn't make it the first break which is two hours into the tournament and he figured out quick that the WSOP is not wear you go to try and learn the game. I had a few laughs with him and then we went on our separate ways....me to a table, Emmitt to the airport

Really cool story dude. I still remember his co-host (name escapes me) on WPT and his one liners. "Ivey doesn't look like he is going anywhere...sticking around like a broke cousin" etc. They had a great dynamic.

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Really cool story dude. I still remember his co-host (name escapes me) on WPT and his one liners. "Ivey doesn't look like he is going anywhere...sticking around like a broke cousin" etc. They had a great dynamic.

Could you be thinking of Lon McEachern? Ivey is a good player, really doesn't rattle easily...his demeanor is the same that you see on TV as it is away from the tables

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Could you be thinking of Lon McEachern? Ivey is a good player, really doesn't rattle easily...his demeanor is the same that you see on TV as it is away from the tables

Maybe it was, I believe he was an ex tennis pro (tan dude, had slicked back hair, in his 40's) Appreciate the insight into Ivey, my favorite player and love hearing stories about him ever since I began making my own trips up to AC from DC when I turned 21. Have you ever played against Tom Dwan by any chance? He and Ivey are my favs that I look up to (Ivey legend) and Dwan (just really interested if his style will hold). Almost went that way myself tbh, but got never had the stones to go for it. Do great in cash games, not a fan of the structure and "forced" hands in tourneys. I hear your main point about newbies, once you learn more as you go, let them make the mistake and clean em up.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Maybe it was, I believe he was an ex tennis pro (tan dude, had slicked back hair, in his 40's) Appreciate the insight into Ivey, my favorite player and love hearing stories about him ever since I began making my own trips up to AC from DC when I turned 21. Have you ever played against Tom Dwan by any chance? He and Ivey are my favs that I look up to (Ivey legend) and Dwan (just really interested if his style will hold). Almost went that way myself tbh, but got never had the stones to go for it. Do great in cash games, not a fan of the structure and "forced" hands in tourneys. I hear your main point about newbies, once you learn more as you go, let them make the mistake and clean em up.

Tom Dwan is one of my personal favorites to follow....very nice, respectful young man but is a tough read on the table....he is one of the younger players that plays very aggressive consistently, Tom will do well for many years to come.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Tom Dwan is one of my personal favorites to follow....very nice, respectful young man but is a tough read on the table....he is one of the younger players that plays very aggressive consistently, Tom will do well for many years to come.

Those are the two in my sig. Future legend battling with current legend. (both caught the gutshot but Dwan caught Ivey this round;)) Appreciate the insight into both players. Really.

Just googled the one liner genius (Vince Van Patten). They were a great team. Gabe Kaplan on High Stakes Poker was just hilarious. So dry and cunning.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Those are the two in my sig. Future legend battling with current legend. (both caught the gutshot but Dwan caught Ivey this round;)) Appreciate the insight into both players. Really.

Just googled the one liner genius (Vince Van Patten). They were a great team. Gabe Kaplan on High Stakes Poker was just hilarious. So dry and cunning.

Gabe is very entertaining to play with....good baccarat player too

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Gabe is very entertaining to play with....good baccarat player too

I still remember a scene where he completely talks Matusow into folding top pair by continually reiterating, "can you beat two 7's?". He had pocket Kings, knowing Mike had top pair (A-9) and just played him. Mike kept needling for info, and kept responding, "can you beat two 7's :)?" I know Matusow isn't exactly hard to bluff, but showed how clever and crafty he is as a player in his own right.

I understand that is more Hollywood than anything displayed in general games (betting patterns, the opponent, and context with "some" basic intuition coming to play @ times but to not let your ego get carried away with it) are the real reads to rely on instead of some Hollywood "tell"

Last edited: