Twitter: Woods talks about defensive miscommunication

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Read a tweet where JJ Watts was talking about a game last where his unit trying to stop one team from scoring on a game-winning drive. Say he told HC and DC if they could give him a breather he thought he could get them a sack. After setting out 3-4 plays, he not only got them a sack but stripped the ball away from QB causing a fumble, game over. The point here is NO athlete can go full speed for every game for an entire season but that's no excuse NOT to hustle. I'm pretty sure its what Woods is trying to say but the best thing he can do is shut the hell up about it.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
A player that says "We're in the NFL, You don;t expect guys to go full speed for 70 plays. That's not possible" should not be allowed to get back to the team. Cut him on the presser stage right there.

I just saw this and I am stunned

Ladies and Gents ... there is your Jerry Cowboys culture ...

:cool:

ondaedg

Reaction score
Effort is not the issue. They were getting blown off the LOS early in the first quarter. There is a deeper issue here than scheme and effort.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
While I agree that Jaylon should have been running hard the whole time, you seem to completely absolve Aldon Smith, Joe Thomas and about 4 others who had shots to make a tackle way before Jaylon and failed to do so

to be fair, you can't expect Aldon Smith to run down Beckham...not going to happen, even with an angle.

Beckham is, and always has been pretty dangerous in the open field.

That being said, that play should have never went for positive yardage.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think he's saying, or at least trying to say it's humanly impossible to go FULL SPEED 70 plays WITHOUT a break. But it's not something he should be saying ........
Pretty much.

It's kind of a dumb thing to say after a game, but every player knows it to be true.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty much.

It's kind of a dumb thing to say after a game, but every player knows it to be true.

1000% ......I've heard it several times in 30+ years of following the NFL but it's kinda a public code of silence thing that player won't say coz they know it's no to say it for fans to understand.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Terrible comment from a player on possibly the worst position group on a historically bad defense. If you cant play a full game at full speed then fine, but take yourself out of the game, lots of players do it. For as much as he scheme drove me crazy that's one thing that Rod Marinelli did right on defense. He always expected 100% out of his players, but he also rotated guys in and out throughout the game.

Historically Xavier has looked really good in a rotational role, struggled more as a full time player. Maybe that is the problem.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL

Worst Defense in History: Come on gang if we can just communicate a bit better we can do great things.

Reality: How do you clowns live with yourselves.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No one does excuses like the Dallas Cowboys thats for sure. Imagine if they actual had a real excuse.