Twitter: Woods talks defensive changes

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably somewhere in the middle.

In his 1st year in Dallas the secondary was noticeably better.

In his 2nd year he became the defacto DC without the ability to change the DL scheme. He failed.

Disjointed and dysfunctional. And it showed on the field.

It brings back memories of people telling me that there was no problem and no issue with having one guy being the defensive coordinator and the other guy keeping the title.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Just due to the deception factor alone, we will see more big plays made defensively. Belichek's greatest strength is finding smart players who can disguise and switch coverages essentially on the fly forcing the QBs and WRs to make adjustments post snap leading to mistakes and sacks.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

It brings back memories of people telling me that there was no problem and no issue with having one guy being the defensive coordinator and the other guy keeping the title.

pass D ranked 10th.

21 TDS. Ranked 8th.

KRichard had them playing well.

#KRichardHate

he left us. We have to deal with it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If the strength of the defense had been the DLine, then the Marinelli / Richard co-DC setup could have been OK for a couple of years; however, when the #1 problem with the defense was the DL and Marinelli would not change his DL scheme after it was exposed by the Rams in the 2018 playoff game, neither the co-DC or Marinelli as the true DC were going to work.

It didn't really matter what Richard did in 2019. They were doomed to fail with Marinelli as DC because with Garrett as HC, there was nobody to tell Marinelli to adapt.

Marinelli with the Raiders might be OK because Gruden will manage Marinelli and all assistant coaches which is a skill that Garrett didn't seem to possess.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the strength of the defense had been the DLine, then the Marinelli / Richard co-DC setup could have been OK for a couple of years; however, when the #1 problem with the defense was the DL and Marinelli would not change his DL scheme after it was exposed by the Rams in the 2018 playoff game, neither the co-DC or Marinelli as the true DC were going to work.

It didn't really matter what Richard did in 2019. They were doomed to fail with Marinelli as DC because with Garrett as HC, there was nobody to tell Marinelli to adapt.

Marinelli with the Raiders might be OK because Gruden will manage Marinelli and all assistant coaches which is a skill that Garrett didn't seem to possess.

I expect him to screw up their line too. The game has clearly past the man by.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
pass D ranked 10th.

21 TDS. Ranked 8th.

KRichard had them playing well.

#KRichardHate

he left us. We have to deal with it.
You're flat out delusional.

He "left us". Yeah right, to not work.

Get checked.

KRichard wants an HC or DC gig.

he wasn’t going to stay with MM’s big buddy Nolan running the D.

we lost an elite coach. The stats prove it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see all the changes on both sides of the ball. As well game day management too. What happens in critical situations, game on the line.
Who will be blamed, coaching, players, and for sure there will be those that blame Dak regardless. Who gets credit, coaching, players, not Dak from the usual detractors of course.
Dak..?

Is this a Dak Thread?

Did I make it in time..?

Hmmm...

:thumbup:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You could make a case for Chido being our best corner the last two seasons.

he leads BJones in several stats. PDs and tackles.

jones has him in catch percentage.

you can see the improvement in their stats.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This statement actually doesn't have a point. Old coaches are gone. Players are still here. So the players need to learn this new system. If it is a complicated system they better be smart.
I do not believe in Moore as the OC.

To me he is connected to Garrett and Linehan and they were poison pills for us.

I can sort of understand Big Mike keeping him around but things are very different than when he was hired.

We are behind installing the new coaches and Big Mike is wasting time do this experiment.

He needs somebody who did things in GB for him to step up and McCarthy needs to call the offence.

He was hired for that and announced it was his job. Then he backed off.

Bad sign to me that Jerrah is pulling strings again. Bad sign.

Clear the air, take controls with no filtration with Moore.

I feel this is an unexplored problem where we do not want to go.

:huh:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I do not believe in Moore as the OC.

To me he is connected to Garrett and Linehan and they were poison pills for us.

I can sort of understand Big Mike keeping him around but things are very different than when he was hired.

We are behind installing the new coaches and Big Mike is wasting time do this experiment.

He needs somebody who did things in GB for him to step up and McCarthy needs to call the offence.

He was hired for that and announced it was his job. Then he backed off.

Bad sign to me that Jerrah is pulling strings again. Bad sign.

Clear the air, take controls with no filtration with Moore.

I feel this is an unexplored problem where we do not want to go.

:huh:

MM wanted Philbin to be OC, you know it. Just like in GB.

But Jerry likes the kid. There is something about KMoore they really like. Plus he ran the number one offense last season.

MM doesn’t do the hiring/firing, btw. Or the drafting. Or the play calling.

that’s sounds like JasonG, when you think about it....

and Nolan is a BBDB DC, just like Marinelli, only with a worse record.

phildadon86

Reaction score

But Jerry likes the kid. There is something about KMoore they really like. Plus he ran the number one offense last season.

Lol you sir are an absolute fool. Kris Richard didn’t want to disguise his coverages. That’s one. Mike McCarthy said he was going to try and bring Kellen Moore too whatever team he chose. You need to stop. You sound like a petulant child who lost their favorite toy even though the toy wasn’t that good.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I was aware of some of what you are saying.

Not all.

When the coaching change finally came, I just stopped reading closely, too much to digest along with the signings and draft.

so yeah..thanx for the knowledge,

Manana.