World Cup

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't want to sound rude to Russians, but there is no way they are better than Croatia. The only reason Russia could win is because they're at home. Denmark gave Croatia the kind of game that Croatia needed to be tested in.

Russia will back up they're defense and hope for a low/no scoring game but Croatia will break that defense early.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know? I'm actually sort of glad that this went to penalties. It gave England a chance to prepare for if we have to face this situation later.

csirl

Reaction score
Commentators in my area were convinced Henderson would miss based on his obvious discomfort and nerves. How come Southgate didnt spot this?

That Columbian team was rubbish. Dont see how they even got this far. A good side would have put them away quite easily. England showed that they are not fully there yet. Dont have the killer edge of the elite teams.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Commentators in my area were convinced Henderson would miss based on his obvious discomfort and nerves. How come Southgate didnt spot this?

That Columbian team was rubbish. Dont see how they even got this far. A good side would have put them away quite easily. England showed that they are not fully there yet. Dont have the killer edge of the elite teams.

That may be, but the officiating was absolute rubbish. At least 2 Colombians should've been sent off with their fouls.

Londonboy

Reaction score

To Your 1st point, sometimes a Player can feel confident when it's volunteering time, then the reality suddenly hits Them when They walk up to the spot. His technique looked poor, He opened His body up way too much and could only put it where He did, not sure I want to see Him take another, unless He sorts that out.
Completely agree with Your 2nd point, should never have let that game go to penalties.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To Your 1st point, sometimes a Player can feel confident when it's volunteering time, then the reality suddenly hits Them when They walk up to the spot. His technique look poor, He opened His body up way too much and could only put it where He did, not sure I want to see Him take another, unless He sorts that out.
Completely agree with Your 2nd point, should never have let that game go to penalties.

I'm sure Southgate will work on that with Henderson. With that being said, it shouldn't have had to go to penalties. We need to control the ball better and mark the attackers better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
While I'm overjoyed by the win, England MUST stop falling asleep at the wheel late in halves/games. That's when we've been conceding goals. Keep the discipline throughout the game that we show for 44 and 88 minutes, and we'll win the WC.

JBS

Reaction score
There are 6 teams from Europe and 2 teams from South America left. Not surprising.

Of course it isn't surprising...South America started w 5...not 14...and one of them was Peru..then you factor in that Argentina sucks and get this...South America is going to win the world cup anyways..with only ONE good team

JBS

Reaction score

Give me a break...Colombia was playing without their best player...they gave England all they could handle..England couldn't break them down the entire match..Colombia isn't a side with any depth whatsoever...good win for England

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just when it looked like England blew it in the WC again, they overcome a late goal...

tenor.gif