World Cup

joseephuss

Reaction score
Of course it isn't surprising...South America started w 5...not 14...and one of them was Peru..then you factor in that Argentina sucks and get this...South America is going to win the world cup anyways..with only ONE good team

I wasn't comparing which Federation is better between UEFA and CONMEBOL. Merely stating the obvious that they are the only 2 federations that really matter. The rest of them rarely have a team make it this far in the tournament. UEFA started the tournament with a roughly 3 to 1 ratio of teams compared to CONMEBOL and that ratio remains at this stage. Again, not surprising that these are the only two federations represented at this point.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Looking at the brackets you realize one of these teams are going to be in a world cup finals Russia, Croatia, Sweden or England, that's crazy
Yeah that is crazy. The left side of the bracket is insane but the groups were picked at random back in December. Out of those teams you listed I would love to see England make it to the finals.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Nothing is random in a World Cup draw. FIFA is noted for this.
That's certainly true, Russia's group was an obvious cook-up, but Germany, Argentina, Portugal and Spain going home so early was a shocker, with traditional powers Italy and the Netherlands not even qualifying, it's the most unfamiliar QF's line-up I've ever seen.