World Cup

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Rolando? Pfft.... Take THAT!
Funny-Cat-GIF-When-your-blue-Cat-plays-soccer-and-hates-Christiano-Ronaldo-haha.gif

Londonboy

Reaction score
If tradition holds true, this is where England loses "bravely".
We can then convince Ourselves that victories over those Footie Powerhouses Colombia and Sweden was an epic achievement and that We were just unlucky in the Semi's against a Great Team, heck, it's a young side, just wait till next time, give Ourselves a hearty cheer for a job well done and change nothing.
Still, I'll be in the Pub, glued to the Match, hopeful, ever hopeful.

Flamma

Reaction score
We can then convince Ourselves that victories over those Footie Powerhouses Colombia and Sweden was an epic achievement and that We were just unlucky in the Semi's against a Great Team, heck, it's a young side, just wait till next time, give Ourselves a hearty cheer for a job well done and change nothing.

This American will be rooting for our oldest enemy! To me, it was a fight among brothers. A little bloodier than usual, but all's well now :). All kidding aside, I usually at some point find myself rooting for England.

England has had some damn entertaining teams over the years. Back in 1990 when they lost to Germany in the semis on penalty kicks. Same against Argentina in '98 in one of the best games I have ever watched. In 2002 and 2006 when they shot themselves in the foot with red cards.

This time around they don't seem to be quite as talented, I'm thinking 4 years from now they will be a force. But given the bracket they're in, if they can get past Croatia, anything can happen in the finals. France sleeps for a moment and they'll be in trouble.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You guys didn't win a game at the last world cup. So, i'd say England has made a big step forward regardless of who wins.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Have zero against nor specific affinity for Croatia so Good luck to the 3 Lions.
England has given us the EPL and London is home to the Blues so that country is rooting interest.

Was sad Lukaku and DeBruyne let Hazard down so badly but alas now it's, "Go England!"

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hazard showed he is not better Messi even though he played with a far better supporting cast. He was a non-factor yesterday after being given the captain's band.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

I'm sure the other patrons will appreciate these soothing words, delivered in Churchillian oratory, should the Croatians prove victorious.

aria

Reaction score
-150 for Croatia to have 3 1/2 corners or more. That’s gotta a be a lock, right? I want my money back from those stinking French but anytime I feel a bet is a “lock” I usually lose.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
-150 for Croatia to have 3 1/2 corners or more. That’s gotta a be a lock, right? I want my money back from those stinking French but anytime I feel a bet is a “lock” I usually lose.
my advice and its worth what you paid for it is any tourneys like this any money to be made is in early games not the final stages. when i bet ncaa tourney that was almost always the case.

aria

Reaction score
my advice and its worth what you paid for it is any tourneys like this any money to be made is in early games not the final stages. when i bet ncaa tourney that was almost always the case.
Yeah, definitely more of a coin flip this late which is even more of a reason I usually stick with live bets bet it’s still not easy. After further review (looking at the box scores from all of England and Croatias WC games) it still seems like a decent bet but definitely no lock.

Croatia was only held to under 4 corners once, against Argentina surprisingly enough. On the other hand, England has not allowed more than 3 corners from any team, that’s pretty amazing.

Guess I’ll stick to a live bet or just bet small.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Pulling for the underdog Croatia but will be happy to see this England team advance to the final.