World Cup

phildadon86

Reaction score
Any region where Italy isn't good enough to qualify is tough enough for me. lol
As an Italian i must say this is hurtful. Italy not making it was the best thing that could have happened to Italian football though so I am all for it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As an Italian i must say this is hurtful. Italy not making it was the best thing that could have happened to Italian football though so I am all for it.

Uh, the best thing for Italian football or any national side would be to qualify for the world cup. My point was that European qualifying is so tough that even Italy can get left out. Put Italy in CONCAFF and they are easily in.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Uh, the best thing for Italian football or any national side would be to qualify for the world cup. My point was that European qualifying is so tough that even Italy can get left out. Put Italy in CONCAFF and they are easily in.
Oh no I agree. Missing out is really bad. I meant it was good because it forced the FIGC to fire everyone. Including the Manager who didnt know his you know what from his you know what.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Those players are a mixed bag. Many are simply not World Class at least yet.
Those guys aren't Pirlo.
They aren't prime Buffon.
They aren't Cannavaro (sp?)
Those guys had perhaps the best defense in the history of the world when they won the WC.

And the 22-25 year olds simply weren't ready.
In 4 years they will be.
Roberto Mancini is a very good coach.

Well no they're not Pirlo, Cannavaro and Buffon in their prime but it should be more than enough talent to be getting by Sweden over 2 legs and then do better when they get there than they've done since they won it.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Well no they're not Pirlo, Cannavaro and Buffon in their prime but it should be more than enough talent to be getting by Sweden over 2 legs and then do better when they get there than they've done since they won it.
All the supposed 'big' nations will fail to qualify occasionally. Brazil are the only team to have competed in every world cup finals. Italy had Spain in their way and then a tough play off. It wasn't a massive upset that they didn't get in.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Spain have just sacked their Manager, despite a 14W 6D 0L record.
Apparently the Spanish FA are upset because He's taking the Real Madrid job and only told them minutes before the official announcement.
He was planning to take up His new position as soon the World Cup ended, guess He can start early now.
No word on a replacement yet.

csirl

Reaction score

+1 c.10 teams who didnt quailfy from Europw would likely win CONCAFF. Most of these would also qualify from South America.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Haha! Wow! Saudia Arabia got absolutely smashed! Brilliant match, Russia! Pity I was working. I would've loved to have seen that.

LoneStarDawg

Reaction score
I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a fan of the sport until the World Cup. It amazes me how I’m drawn into the tournament every time. Having said that....I know very little about each nation’s team, but enjoy it nonetheless.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I can't stand all these yellow cards. Let the players play. Anytime there is a little contact the players start crying to the refs and the refs are quick to react. Weak!