World of Warcraft

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
have a 48 Druid on Icecrown server. Also have a few low-level characters on the same server.

Duane

Reaction score
Anyone play a Hunter? I've always liked playing Rangers in D&D but it seems like they are under powered in WoW.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Duane said:
Anyone play a Hunter? I've always liked playing Rangers in D&D but it seems like they are under powered in WoW.

I played a hunter up to about lvl 30. They are a lot of fun for solo play. Evidently, they are not high on the list of classes to group with. I saw why when I did the Stockades instance with some friends and saw how much additional aggro my pet caused. I got so fed up with that I took a break from the hunter and started a priest. I've never gone back.

They are a lot of fun to play though I can say that about just about all of the classes in this game.

Duane

Reaction score
Bill Wooten said:
I played a hunter up to about lvl 30. They are a lot of fun for solo play. Evidently, they are not high on the list of classes to group with. I saw why when I did the Stockades instance with some friends and saw how much additional aggro my pet caused. I got so fed up with that I took a break from the hunter and started a priest. I've never gone back.

They are a lot of fun to play though I can say that about just about all of the classes in this game.
Thanks man, I'm thinking about buying the game after all the positive feedback.

Duane

Reaction score
Well I can thank you guys for 24hours of WoW in two days. :)

The only reason it wasn't more was because I didn't get it installed until about 2pm on Saturday. I'm a lvl 15 dark elf druid on bronzebeard.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:

The only reason it wasn't more was because I didn't get it installed until about 2pm on Saturday. I'm a lvl 15 dark elf druid on bronzebeard.

Night elves .. not dark elves :)

I can see it now .. TSR references your post in a law suit filed against Blizzard over IP (intellectual property) theft.

Duane

Reaction score
Reality said:
Night elves .. not dark elves :)

I can see it now .. TSR references your post in a law suit filed against Blizzard over IP (intellectual property) theft.
No doubt they've taken a ton of "inspiration" from TSR. But everyone that's made a fantasy based role playing game since the 70's has taken something from them.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Duane said:

I have a 57 Hunter and he is awesome in pve. He sucks big ones in PVP. I rolled my rogue just so I could actually kill someone.

Duane

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
I have a 57 Hunter and he is awesome in pve. He sucks big ones in PVP. I rolled my rogue just so I could actually kill someone.
That's why I chose the Druid over the Ranger, So I could learn to play a class that would be ok in PvP. I was also worried about grouping later in the game (not being wanted as a Ranger) although I primarily solo right now.

Duane

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Will Blizzard ever do another Diablo :(
Dunno, you looking for something to kill time at work with? :D

If you like that kind of game play Dungeon Siege was pretty good.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
Dunno, you looking for something to kill time at work with? :D

If you like that kind of game play Dungeon Siege was pretty good.

Just not a big gamer......The last console I owned was Super Nintendo....I would not mind getting an old atari with some of those old games just for nostalgia.

On the computer the only games I put time into were Tomb Raider, got the next two but never really played them much.

However I really liked the Diablos and the expansion packs.

I doubt I would ever play online...but it would be nice to have a new diablo.

Maybe I will just have to break down and get a warcraft to play on occasion.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Just not a big gamer......The last console I owned was Super Nintendo....I would not mind getting an old atari with some of those old games just for nostalgia.

On the computer the only games I put time into were Tomb Raider, got the next two but never really played them much.

However I really liked the Diablos and the expansion packs.

I doubt I would ever play online...but it would be nice to have a new diablo.

Maybe I will just have to break down and get a warcraft to play on occasion.

Yea, online plays not for everyone, the continual monthly bill kinda sucks and the fact they tax me monthly for it really sucks cause they taxed me when I bought the game. The time commitment is really huge sometimes, it definately cuts into other activities. Though the good thing it is always there. When you can play its waiting to be played.

If any of you guys are interested in joining me on Azgalor drop by and say hi. In the guild Avatars of the Phoenix and play my rogue Xerxes almost excusively. A small friendly guild but always looking for other players to join us in killing horde. If you roll Horde on Azgalor, I will kill you, boys fan or not. Just a fair warning. lol

Duane

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Yea, online plays not for everyone, the continual monthly bill kinda sucks and the fact they tax me monthly for it really sucks cause they taxed me when I bought the game. The time commitment is really huge sometimes, it definately cuts into other activities. Though the good thing it is always there. When you can play its waiting to be played.

If any of you guys are interested in joining me on Azgalor drop by and say hi. In the guild Avatars of the Phoenix and play my rogue Xerxes almost excusively. A small friendly guild but always looking for other players to join us in killing horde. If you roll Horde on Azgalor, I will kill you, boys fan or not. Just a fair warning. lol
I may do that after I level my (lvl 21) Elf Druid up a bit more.

BTW I'm making money hand over fist by selling herbs. I netted 24+ gold this weekend after new equipment purchases. Skinning isn't too bad either but I'm just getting that talent up to 200 so I'm getting better quality hides.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Will Blizzard ever do another Diablo :(

Sorry to take so long to respond but there are a lot of rumors that they are already working on Diablo 3. However, they may see how well WoW is doing money wise by offering subscriptions and may never see it finished.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
my druid just hit 51 today...can't wait to do some of the endgame raids on Molten Core and Stratholme.

phdefense

Reaction score
Duane said:

I have a level 59 shaman on Bronzebeard(Lendul) in addition to the level 60 paladin I have had on Mal'Ganis since march(sad I know) . If you or anyone else would like to join us let me know.

Duane

Reaction score
phdefense said:
I have a level 59 shaman on Bronzebeard(Lendul) in addition to the level 60 paladin I have had on Mal'Ganis since march(sad I know) . If you or anyone else would like to join us let me know.
Thanks for the invite.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
57 Priest. Guild is doing MC now 3x per week so I just have to ding 60 to go.

Got most of Onyxia key quest done.

Engineering is 300 and its sweet blowing people up.

I am alliance on Bloodscalp.
guild url is www.newenemyconquest.com