Worst fear

Kaiser

Reaction score
I honestly think Garrett would be awesome in a front office job....

I still believe the next move is Richard to HC and Garrett to a front office position.

And do we need to win by 50 before we get stop getting threads like this?

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Jerry will give JG a nice front office job if we're lucky enough to hit the jackpot with Moore.

Wanna bet....he will give The Clapping carrot an extension and let Moore walk.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Only way he leaves is if he is offered a HC position and I think that would be unlikely (although you can't underestimate the stupidity of NFL teams). He might have a great year as an OC but this is still just his 2nd year of coaching and I doubt NFL teams are willing to make someone a HC with that little experience. Even the youngest NFL head coaches spent many years as assistants/coordinators before becoming HC.

I don't see him leaving for another OC position. Now Kitna...I could see that

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Only way he leaves is if he is offered a HC position and I think that would be unlikely (although you can't underestimate the stupidity of NFL teams). He might have a great year as an OC but this is still just his 2nd year of coaching and I doubt NFL teams are willing to make someone a HC with that little experience. Even the youngest NFL head coaches spent many years as assistants/coordinators before becoming HC.

But look at the trend around the league. Every team is looking for young, creative offensive minds. The only thing Moore has going against him is he isn't connected to McVay.

Zman5

Reaction score
giphy.gif

okstateCowboy

Reaction score

After the Kingsbury hire, nothing will shock me anymore. Everyone wants the next good looking 20-30 year old offensive genius

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the Kingsbury hire, nothing will shock me anymore. Everyone wants the next good looking 20-30 year old offensive genius

If "good looking" is a prerequisite, we'll have Kellen Moore for as long as we want him!
:laugh:

stiletto

Reaction score
Actually if Garrett survives as HC being a figurehead, who cares?..... so far as he is removed from calling plays and the important things on Sunday. Let him, clap, pat fannies and yell at the refs....I'm OK with him in that role.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Coaching salaries aren't capped. If, for whatever reason Jerry wants Garrett AND Moore on the staff - he'll pay the money to make it happen. If Moore or Richard get offered the money they want from Jones to be Coordinators but turn it down for an HC spot ... well, they're just stupid.

I've "been somebody" in business and it's waaaay over rated.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’d be terrible to be stuck with a stable young talented organization that wins a lot of games. I’m shuddering over here.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Actually if Garrett survives as HC being a figurehead, who cares?..... so far as he is removed from calling plays and the important things on Sunday. Let him, clap, pat fannies and yell at the refs....I'm OK with him in that role.

Say what you will but the guy is an excellent organizer and, like it or not, the players like him and have shown the propensity to play for him. I believe Garrett is smart enough to know that the mark of a GREAT leader is surrounding oneself with GREAT people.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Kellen is @ the top of a very short list....Maybe him and Mcdaniel right now. I mean look what he is doing w/ a bus driving QB. Give him a guy that can grasp the full BSU playbook...and it would be scary. :rolleyes: