Worst NFL Owner?

Scout200

Reaction score
Looking at a broader spectrum than just this year, who do you think is the worst NFL owner?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering what Pat Bowlen has done to the Broncos the last two years he would make a great candidate for worst owner.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3783029 said:
Considering what Pat Bowlen has done to the Broncos the last two years he would make a great candidate for worst owner.

I'll throw the dark horse into the race, William Clay Ford Sr. The only owner to ever let a team fall apart so appreciably that they went 0-16 in a season, lost something like 30 road games in a row, and had an overall losing streak of 23 games.

Even Al Davis hasn't managed to do that. Al loves the spotlight more, so he gets all the attention, but when you look at the overall record of the two teams over the last decade Al Davis looks more like Bob Kraft.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bill Bidwell is the correct answer. The Cardinals have the longest Championship drought in Professional football History and have been owned by the Bidwell's since 1937.

Mike Brown is a close 2nd. He may be Paul Brown's son, but he can't stand in daddy's shadow.

Dan Snyder is in the mix. JMO.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3783233 said:
Bill Bidwell is the correct answer. The Cardinals have the longest Championship drought in Professional football History and have been owned by the Bidwell's since 1937.

Mike Brown is a close 2nd. He may be Paul Brown's son, but he can't stand in daddy's shadow.

Given that information, I would have to agree. Kurt Warner made them relevant for a few years, but 8 playoff appearances over the entire history of the team is pretty sad.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
The Yorks that own the 49ers ain't the worst but they seem pretty inept to me.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
peplaw06;3783262 said:
Quick... Where's Bach??

He's occupying bbgun's mantle of martyrdom....a source of power and inspiration for our lovable champion of woe.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Hostile;3783233 said:

IDK man, 0-16 versus a Super Bowl game two years ago that the refs helped the Steelers win?

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
And I have to throw Jerry Jones into the mix for knowing the GM should be fired but being unable to pull the trigger:

Told by Pelley that his friend Steinbrenner, the New York Yankees owner who died recently, “might have fired you by now,” Jones replies, “Of course he would have. There’s no doubt in my mind he would have.”

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3783233 said:

Mike Brown IMO.

There are other owners that are considered cheap, there are other owners that are considered meddling, there are other owners that just don't seem to have a clue...I think he has all of those problems and I honestly wonder if he has a commitment to winning or is just in it for the money of a business that he inherited.

hsfolk

Reaction score
Before Katrina I would've said Tom Benson (Saints), but since he hired Sean Payton he stays away from the day to day operations and his granddaughter will take over when he dies

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Cythim;3784097 said:
And I have to throw Jerry Jones into the mix for knowing the GM should be fired but being unable to pull the trigger:

Told by Pelley that his friend Steinbrenner, the New York Yankees owner who died recently, “might have fired you by now,” Jones replies, “Of course he would have. There’s no doubt in my mind he would have.”

Any way you slice it. Jerry Jones the owner, and Jerry Jones the GM, has 3 Superbowl rings.

He doesn't even compare with some of the worst owners.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cythim;3784097 said:

15 posts in........I was expecting the 2nd post to be honest.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
hsfolk;3787899 said:
Before Katrina I would've said Tom Benson (Saints), but since he hired Sean Payton he stays away from the day to day operations and his granddaughter will take over when he dies

I was keeping a pretty good eye on the Saints and their legal disputes with New Orleans/Louisiana for awhile since the rumor was that he and his daughter wanted to move the team to San Antonio.

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that with the aftermath of Katrina, he had no choice but to leave the Saints where they were. He'd have been the most vilified man in American sports if he had tried to move them.

Every sign pointed that the team was getting ready to move out before Kat hit. Hell, there were rumors around San Antonio that he was in meetings with prominent business folks in finding sponsorships for various aspects of the team. Not that I ever sold a house to a close friend of the Benson's or anything...