Worst Starter on the team?

The Curly One

Reaction score
Well, everyone here knows my opinion of the Worst starting player on the Dallas Cowboys team. lets asssume that I am wrong here.

Then just who is the worst starter and why?

Which all leads to the big question of what the Cowboys have to do to win the Super Bowl again?

Thats all I care about is eliminating the problems and getting back to winning games.

Curly

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think it's too early to say for 2005. They haven't played yet. If you are asking about prior years that would be a different story. The whole off season has been about discussing the areas that still need shoring up.

BlueWave

Reaction score
The Curly One said:
Well, everyone here knows my opinion of the Worst starting player on the Dallas Cowboys team. lets asssume that I am wrong here.

Which all leads to the big question of what the Cowboys have to do to win the Super Bowl again?

Thats all I care about is eliminating the problems and getting back to winning games.

Curly

I don't know who is, in your opinion, our worst starter. I'll give you the guy most likely to lose his starting job. That's whoever starts at RT.

JPM

Reaction score
Give me a couple of weeks to even attempt an answer.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Will answer this question at a later date.

Same here - how can you even answer the question when they haven't even played yet.

JoshBYW

Reaction score
Skipping most of the potential linebackers who may/may not make the field, if I had to guess at this very moment, Darien Barnes wouldn't seem like a silly choice.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The Curly One said:

Curly
The worst starter last year was Eddie George hands down. Second worst was Marcellous Wiley. Third worst was Tony Dixon. Then in no particular order there were:

Andre Gurode
Torrin Tucker
Lance Frazier
Vinny Testaverde
Darien Barnes
Lynn Scott
Bradie James (I think he started some games...played way too much anyway)

All were worse than LA along with some others.

Dude...Larry Allen is so far from the worst that he doesn't even belong in the conversation.

Edit: Misread the original post...that was last year. However, I'm sure we will have a long list this year of many who were worse than LA.

Reaction score
Yeah Josh, Barnes sucked last year...I doubt he even makes the team this year...Go Polite!

On D Dat is the wussiest MLB in the NFL...

parchy

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
On D Dat is the wussiest MLB in the NFL...

"The first big hit of practice actually occurred before the full-contract goal-line drill when linebacker Dat Nguyen popped running back Anthony Thomas after a running back drill, de-cleating the A-Train to the ground."

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
parchy said:
"The first big hit of practice actually occurred before the full-contract goal-line drill when linebacker Dat Nguyen popped running back Anthony Thomas after a running back drill, de-cleating the A-Train to the ground."

Wuss.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
As long as its not in the Jets-Giants stadium (since that seems to be about the only place the guy makes field goals) then Billy Cunmiss is pretty up there

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31 said:
As long as its not in the Jets-Giants stadium (since that seems to be about the only place the guy makes field goals) then Billy Cunmiss is pretty up there

I really dont get the hate on this guy, outside of his kickoffs, he's pretty good, no he's Vinteri or some other kickers, but he still gets the ball through the uprights, jeez give the guy a break

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
I really dont get the hate on this guy, outside of his kickoffs, he's pretty good, no he's Vinteri or some other kickers, but he still gets the ball through the uprights, jeez give the guy a break
It's just that for him to get them through the uprights you have to get him so close. Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get the TD when he kicks because we were so close. There is just something wrong when your punter has to pull his kicks to keep them out of the end zone because your place kicker can't kick them through the end zone. Now if he could hit from farther out and we didn't have to punt from inside the 40 he might get a little more love.