Worst Starter on the team?

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I dont hate the guy but im never comfortable when he kicks the 40 some yarders and he has had to do it alot these last few years because we havent exactly been stacking up the TD's

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
It's just that for him to get them through the uprights you have to get him so close. Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get the TD when he kicks because we were so close. There is just something wrong when your punter has to pull his kicks to keep them out of the end zone because your place kicker can't kick them through the end zone. Now if he could hit from farther out and we didn't have to punt from inside the 40 he might get a little more love.

When you have a punter who can put it insidedthe 20 when you on the other side of the 50 then i would do that then take my chances with any kickers byond 45 yards, I'm not in any way saying cundiff is the greatest,but you know who cant hae the best at every postion, and he does an average job, untill somebody comes in better to me, i think we need to leave him alone, cause he has won us some games, and if our offense coudl ever move the friggin ball we wouldnt have to rely on him kicking the ball from 40 yards out.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
When you have a punter who can put it insidedthe 20 when you on the other side of the 50 then i would do that then take my chances with any kickers byond 45 yards, I'm not in any way saying cundiff is the greatest,but you know who cant hae the best at every postion, and he does an average job, untill somebody comes in better to me, i think we need to leave him alone, cause he has won us some games, and if our offense coudl ever move the friggin ball we wouldnt have to rely on him kicking the ball from 40 yards out.

We may not need the best at every position, but if your offense cant get the ball in the endzone then your going to need a better then average kicker. Now im not saying it will be like that this year, I think Julius and Witten could combine for 20 td's right there, but in the past few years we definitly could've used a better kicker.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:

I know that a kicker can't hit everything - but if I am 43 yards out, I at least want to feel like I have a CHANCE to get 3. With Cundiff, I feel like there is very little hope that far out.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31 said:
We may not need the best at every position, but if your offense cant get the ball in the endzone then your going to need a better then average kicker. Now im not saying it will be like that this year, I think Julius and Witten could combine for 20 td's right there, but in the past few years we definitly could've used a better kicker.

but does tht mean he's the worst on our team, because our team cant put the ball in the endzone, and is constaly having to kick balls from 40 out, i woudl love to see his percentage against the the rest of league, i reall dont think he's that bad.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
well yeah your right like i said hes "pretty up there" i dont think hes the worst on the team, i just think hes up there. i jsut wanted to give a different answer then the typical FB or whoever wins the Rt answer

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31 said:
well yeah your right like i said hes "pretty up there" i dont think hes the worst on the team, i just think hes up there. i jsut wanted to give a different answer then the typical FB or whoever wins the Rt answer

i think the worst starter on our team, is Morgan, if he deosnt step it up.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
but does tht mean he's the worst on our team, because our team cant put the ball in the endzone, and is constaly having to kick balls from 40 out, i woudl love to see his percentage against the the rest of league, i reall dont think he's that bad.
I wasn't saying that he is the worst on our team...someone else suggested that. I was just explaining why, as I see it, that he gets no love. He doesn't have to be the best in the league or even in the top 10, but I want a FG kicker who can hit consistently from inside 50 yards; Cundiff hits consistently from inside 40 and that is not good enough IMO. The kid just has a weak leg...too weak for a Pro who's only job is to kick the damn ball.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I wasn't saying that he is the worst on our team...someone else suggested that. I was just explaining why, as I see it, that he gets no love. He doesn't have to be the best in the league or even in the top 10, but I want a FG kicker who can hit consistently from inside 50 yards; Cundiff hits consistently from inside 40 and that is not good enough IMO. The kid just has a weak leg...too weak for a Pro who's only job is to kick the damn ball.

When i see him kick i dont see it coming short under 50 ayrds (i watch alot of games) he just has hard time constaly pulling his kicks in the uprights, when he's on the hash marks

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
When i see him kick i dont see it coming short under 50 ayrds (i watch alot of games) he just has hard time constaly pulling his kicks in the uprights, when he's on the hash marks
That tells me he is putting too much effort into the long kicks to get them there and it is costing him in his accuracy; that is due to a weak leg. It should be the same stroke for all the kicks...the lineup for the kick should be the only variable.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Early candidates are FB, RT, 4th LB (probably Fowler, Shanle or James) and FS starter.

WR could be an issue if Morgan is forced to start games.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Early candidates are FB, RT, 4th LB (probably Fowler, Shanle or James) and FS starter.

WR could be an issue if Morgan is forced to start games.
While it may not be technically true most of the time I do consider the 3rd WR to be a starter. that woould make Morgan to be a definite candidate for worst starter. But we will have to see; maybe he has improved.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JackMagist said:
While it may not be technically true most of the time I do consider the 3rd WR to be a starter. that woould make Morgan to be a definite candidate for worst starter. But we will have to see; maybe he has improved.
Maybe? Well he is healthy now and has a chance to learn the playbook. That is probably a great start and puts him way ahead of last year already.