Would Brooks even be cleared to play to start the 2024 season?

Aven8

Reaction score
In the 4th round yes. Look at the limited production folks.

morasp

Reaction score
There are probably three RBs I would consider and after that the talent level goes down a tier or two. Brooks is the best of those three.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have not read much on this.

But honestly, how can the Cowboys take a RB with a premium pick that might not be able to even start the season given the fact their current RB depth chart is awful?

Please tell me they are not thinking they can survive 4-6-8 games, if Brooks isn't cleared, with the likes of Dowdle and Zeke. Right? LOL.
Ive heard his prognosis for being able to participate in camp is good

Jarntt

Reaction score

But honestly, how can the Cowboys take a RB with a premium pick that might not be able to even start the season given the fact their current RB depth chart is awful?

Please tell me they are not thinking they can survive 4-6-8 games, if Brooks isn't cleared, with the likes of Dowdle and Zeke. Right? LOL.
Jerry-jones_smiling

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
There's just no way they draft an injured RB first when we have major major concerns on OL DL LB, right? Right?!

Proof

Reaction score
They’ve have just witnessed Gallup never fully recover from the same injury. They’ve also seen Steele not be right for a whole year afterwards. So yeah, I fully expect us to use our second rounder on Brooks
would honestly be our luck though, for them to finally actually learn their lesson, and he goes on to tear the league up for someone else lol

MikeT22

Reaction score
Cowboys team doctor performed Brooks’ surgery and has apparently signed off on him.

Of course this is the same doctor/surgeon who performed Jaylon Smiths surgery.

rambo2

Reaction score

It would be fantastic if it works out that he is ready to go around week 3 or 4.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It appears that he would be, but based on others who have come of ACL tears, I think we could obviously expect him not to be 100 percent.

I'm all for taking Brooks. He appears to clearly be the top back in an overall shaky class and ACL tears rarely end careers anymore. He may not be in top form this year but we'd have the position set for several years.

I'd have no qualms with the pick, even though I still want us to address center and defensive tackle (which hopefully we'd do in the third).

gimmesix

Reaction score
Cowboys team doctor performed Brooks’ surgery and has apparently signed off on him.

Of course this is the same doctor/surgeon who performed Jaylon Smiths surgery.
There were always questions about whether Jaylon would ever get back to normal because of the injury he had. ACL surgeries are almost routine now.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I wonder how much more likely a player is to blow out a knee, if he's already blown out a knee?

If Brooks missed a few games, but then had a long, productive, dependable career- then so what? The concern is future reliability. ACL surgeries and recoveries have come a long way, but it's still a major injury and not all recover quickly and/or completely.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I wonder how much more likely a player is to blow out a knee, if he's already blown out a knee?

If Brooks missed a few games, but then had a long, productive, dependable career- then so what? The concern is future reliability. ACL surgeries and recoveries have come a long way, but it's still a major injury and not all recover quickly and/or completely.
I don't think there's a correlation between having an ACL injury making it more likely that you'll have another, but there is always a concern that a player might be more prone to injury.