Would Cowboys rather SF or Phil get 1 seed?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course we’d rather get top seed but I don’t think that’s a reality now as SF looks poised to win out with no winning record teams left on schedule which if Phil loses another game SF would own top seed.

Of course I suppose we need to still root to win Division so we can have a playoff game at home .

But if we lose to Phil which they have much more incentive to win now or risk losing top seed to SF, then I’d argue we might should root for Phil to win out.

We’d be basically 3 games back being swept and tiebreakers with 4 games to go. And as 5th seed going to South winner assuming we could win that I’d like our chances going to Phi for Divisional Round instead of SF.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Of course we’d rather get top seed but I don’t think that’s a reality now as SF looks poised to win out with no winning record teams left on schedule which if Phil loses another game SF would own top seed.

Of course I suppose we need to still root to win Division so we can have a playoff game at home .

But if we lose to Phil which they have much more incentive to win now or risk losing top seed to SF, then I’d argue we might should root for Phil to win out.

We’d be basically 3 games back being swept and tiebreakers with 4 games to go. And as 5th seed going to South winner assuming we could win that I’d like our chances going to Phi for Divisional Round instead of SF.
If Dallas went to Phili the would still need to go to SF if they beat the Eagles. It just won't matter.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We can only worry about taking care of business , by beating the next opponent in front of us, win out and let the marbles fall , one loss in between will probably happen , if its not NFc opponent its good.

theanimal23

Reaction score
I rather have SF be the #1 seed. If Dallas gets to round 2, I like their chances better vs Philly than SF. If Philly would beat Dallas, I'd like to see them go play in SF (vs in Philly) with hopefully SF winning if Dallas lost to Philly.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no definite answer but you'd rather Philly. Odds are if the Cowboys advance past the wild card round they would be the lowest remaining seed and travel to the 1 seed in the divisional round. You want that to be the Eagles and not the 49ers.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There's no definite answer but you'd rather Philly. Odds are if the Cowboys advance past the wild card round they would be the lowest remaining seed and travel to the 1 seed in the divisional round. You want that to be the Eagles and not the 49ers.
100% agree. The Cowboys have a better chance of beating the eagles in Philly, than the Niners…. Anywhere.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Why do we feel confident the Niners will go undefeated the rest of the way? They typically play bad against the AFC North and I'm not confident they beat the Rams either. Stafford typically plays well against them.

The Natural

Reaction score
If Dallas stays at #5, then SF. When/if Dallas meets them, it will at least be the championship game. It’s better than going there in the divisional.
#1 seed gets the lowest remaining seed. Unless you’re banking on the 2 or 3 seed being upset in the WC, that would definitely put Dallas @ SF in the divisional round.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dallas went to Phili the would still need to go to SF if they beat the Eagles. It just won't matter.
Yes, but I’d argue we’d have a better opportunity to advance to championship game if division round is in Phi than SF.

And finally breaking thru to championship game is the initial goal this season.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why do we feel confident the Niners will go undefeated the rest of the way? They typically play bad against the AFC North and I'm not confident they beat the Rams either. Stafford typically plays well against them.
They are playing very well and have no winning teams currently left on their schedule . It’s not much of a stretch to see them winning out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
100% agree. The Cowboys have a better chance of beating the eagles in Philly, than the Niners…. Anywhere.
Right .

At least we’d have an opportunity to lose to them in Championship game instead of divisional and wild card round the last two seasons .

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
#1 seed gets the lowest remaining seed. Unless you’re banking on the 2 or 3 seed being upset in the WC, that would definitely put Dallas @ SF in the divisional round.
Sorry, I cut it short. Forgot to mention that I think Detroit loses the first game which would send Dallas to Philthy.