Would Cowboys rather SF or Phil get 1 seed?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Philly with the 1 seed.....that way we'd most likely play the eagles in round 2. We have a better chance beating them than SF.

Then it's Dallas/SF in the NFCCG......or maybe SF slips up to the Lions or something.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They are playing very well and have no winning teams currently left on their schedule . It’s not much of a stretch to see them winning out.
Odds are in their favor.

Fwiw, I do think when they play them, they will have 2 winning teams left.
The Ravens and then in week 18, I think the Rams will have a winning record.
The Ravens for sure.
But they get both of those games at home, plus Seattle too.

Looks good for them

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Best case scenario for us (besides getting the 1-seed ourselves) is Detroit getting the 1.

It would most likely set up a matchup of SF vs Phi in the divisional and us going to Detroit.

They have a pretty easy schedule coming up too.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Does not matter, as if Cowboys are 5 seed, they may win 1 game and then get bounced.

jsb357

Reaction score
does not matter

you gotta beat'em where you play'em

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate both teams, but I'd much rather see Philly win a 2nd SB than see SF win their 6th.

Again, Cowboys need to win out.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I’d rather avoid SF until the NFC title game. So I’d probably prefer Philly get it.
no matter who gets the number one seed 49ers or eagles i do not see this team making past either one in the second round.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Of course we’d rather get top seed but I don’t think that’s a reality now as SF looks poised to win out with no winning record teams left on schedule which if Phil loses another game SF would own top seed.

Of course I suppose we need to still root to win Division so we can have a playoff game at home .

But if we lose to Phil which they have much more incentive to win now or risk losing top seed to SF, then I’d argue we might should root for Phil to win out.

We’d be basically 3 games back being swept and tiebreakers with 4 games to go. And as 5th seed going to South winner assuming we could win that I’d like our chances going to Phi for Divisional Round instead of SF.
I rather see Philly get first seed, because we have the 5th seed all wrapped up and chances are after Cowboys the eagles run the table and we probably lose one game, if not two.
then we play the 4th seed. and then play the 1st seed, which if its philly its a better match up for us

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Of course we’d rather get top seed but I don’t think that’s a reality now as SF looks poised to win out with no winning record teams left on schedule which if Phil loses another game SF would own top seed.

Of course I suppose we need to still root to win Division so we can have a playoff game at home .

But if we lose to Phil which they have much more incentive to win now or risk losing top seed to SF, then I’d argue we might should root for Phil to win out.

We’d be basically 3 games back being swept and tiebreakers with 4 games to go. And as 5th seed going to South winner assuming we could win that I’d like our chances going to Phi for Divisional Round instead of SF.
Much to my surprise, the Eagles are now playing on a grass surface.

I thought grass vs. turf was the natural deciding factor, since we've played so much better on turf, but both SF and the Eagles are grass.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
If Dallas went to Phili the would still need to go to SF if they beat the Eagles. It just won't matter.
To reach the Super Bowl, we’d likely have to win in Philly, and in San Fran…

Our most likely path, beating the NFC south winner, then going to Philly, then going to San Fran… If the 6 or 7 cedes got hot, though… That might save us facing off against one of the two juggernauts.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Time to sink or swim whoever the opponent Forum! We all know this team can beat anyone when they are clicking on offense and defense. Go Boys!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If Dallas went to Phili the would still need to go to SF if they beat the Eagles. It just won't matter.
Wow!
Dallas road to the SB
All on the road:
Saints
Eagles
49ers
If we can do that, beating the AFC
Representative should be a piece o cake!

StarChamber_33

Reaction score

Don't forget that the 49ers have to play the Baltimore Ravens on Christmas Day. **Anyway, right now the Cowboys need to stand on business and focus on winning the division; The first step is beating the Eagles on Sunday. I have a feeling that somehow we will be facing the 49ers in the playoffs for the 3rd. straight year.. Hopefully we'll have the home field when that day comes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't forget that the 49ers have to play the Baltimore Ravens on Christmas Day. **Anyway, right now the Cowboys need to stand on business and focus on winning the division; The first step is beating the Eagles on Sunday. I have a feeling that somehow we will be facing the 49ers in the playoffs for the 3rd. straight year.. Hopefully we'll have the home field when that day comes.
Sure, but not very likely.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Time to sink or swim whoever the opponent Forum! We all know this team can beat anyone when they are clicking on offense and defense. Go Boys!!
We don’t know they cause we haven’t played all the top teams. And the ones we have either were blown out or lost.