Would Cowboys rather SF or Phil get 1 seed?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Sorry, I cut it short. Forgot to mention that I think Detroit loses the first game which would send Dallas to Philthy.
The Eagles and the Cowboys cannot beat San Francisco no matter where the game is played. How badly does either team need to be beat to figure that out? It’s not the Cowboys’ year. If you want to create a trophy for finishing ahead of the Eagles I guess Jerry might get a trophy. This weekend’s game between Dallas and Philly is like two guys fighting over a ticket on the maiden voyage of the Titanic.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Eagles and the Cowboys cannot beat San Francisco no matter where the game is played. How badly does either team need to be beat to figure that out? It’s not the Cowboys’ year. If you want to create a trophy for finishing ahead of the Eagles I guess Jerry might get a trophy. This weekend’s game between Dallas and Philly is like two guys fighting over a ticket on the maiden voyage of the Titanic.
I don’t think Dallas can beat them either based on matchups alone. But, it would be nice to face them as late as possible.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Of course we’d rather get top seed but I don’t think that’s a reality now as SF looks poised to win out with no winning record teams left on schedule which if Phil loses another game SF would own top seed.

Of course I suppose we need to still root to win Division so we can have a playoff game at home .

But if we lose to Phil which they have much more incentive to win now or risk losing top seed to SF, then I’d argue we might should root for Phil to win out.

We’d be basically 3 games back being swept and tiebreakers with 4 games to go. And as 5th seed going to South winner assuming we could win that I’d like our chances going to Phi for Divisional Round instead of SF.
I would much rather the team face SF in the divisional round because I prefer them to beat a team like theirs to advance to NFCCG. That way they cannot trumpet a NFCCG appearance from beating the sloppy Eagles.

The only way I would be okay with Dallas facing SF in the NFCCG is if they beat them (and I want SF healthy). Otherwise, the season still feels too similar to the past two.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
If we lose to Philly, the #1 seed is not even a chance. May as well have the best route as the 5 seed.
I would never wish for a loss just v to get a different opponent in the playoffs. I believe we are capable of beating any team out there... just as much as we are capable of losing... as the saying goes, on any given Sunday.

pansophy

Reaction score
best case for us IMO is #2 seed with SF as #1 and Eagles #5 so we would only need to play one of them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Assuming seeds hold, I think you'd rather Philly be the #1 seed.

Our divisional round game would then be in Philly and we likely have a much better chance winning there than San Fran in Rd 2. I think in that scenario, getting past the divisional round could be a massive monkey off our backs and we might play looser when we would then have to go to San Fran for the NFCCG.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If not us, I’d say Philly bc we could have won that game in Philly. But it doesn’t matter. SF beats us on our home field as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
Think we all want that, but we need to beat the egirls next week and hope the egirls lose another game and we win out.
We can lose one more in that scenario - it just has to be to Detroit.

Because if we win Sunday, the first tiebreaker is a wash. If the Eagles then lose to the Giants, we'd had the divisional tiebreaker. If they lose to Seattle or the Cards, we'd then have the 3rd tiebreaker over them - common games. Because Detroit is not a common game, if Dallas went 4-1 down the stretch with a loss to Detroit and Philly went 3-2 with losses to us and either Cards/Seattle - we'd win the division given the common games tiebreaker.

triplets_93

Reaction score
FIRST TAKE | Stephen A. Smith: Dak Prescott & Cowboys is a bigger threat to 49ers than Eagles now