Would Dak agree to a sign & trade if we include Zeke & Gallup?

lk8701

Reaction score
Zeke can easily be replaced. He is just mediocre now. We can sign Chris Carson to a relatively cheap deal. A Carson and Pollard duo is enough to get it done.

irishline

Reaction score
Zeke can easily be replaced. He is just mediocre now. We can sign Chris Carson to a relatively cheap deal. A Carson and Pollard duo is enough to get it done.

Then why would a team want to trade for him and take on that contract?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Tom Brady just did. He recruited Gronk, AB, and Fournette. All 3 of those players wouldn't have signed in Tampa Bay if it wasn't for Brady.

Somehow this feels different that what happened with the Clippers or Nets, for example. Gronk was the only one who had to force his way to Tampa via trade. AB and Fournette were basically on the scrap heap. All three are on the wrong side of the hill. I suppose it is worth watching to see if it becomes a trend, though.

cowboyec

Reaction score
nice try sean mcvay.
why the hell would we cripple this team just to move our QB?
so on top of def holes...now we gotta find QB,RB,WR.
no.
im sure the skins would love that.
no thanks.

lk8701

Reaction score
Then why would a team want to trade for him and take on that contract?

To appease Dak. Dak doesn't have to agree to a sign and trade. He has leverage. A team like the Jets could be desperate enough to make it happen. The Lions didn't really want Goff but they took on his contract so they could get 2 1st rounders + 1 3rd rounder. A Dak, Zeke, and Gallup package would overall be very attractive for a team like the Jets who have the cap space + picks to make it happen.

lk8701

Reaction score
nice try sean mcvay.
no.
no thanks.

The Jets have the 2nd overall pick, the 23rd overall pick, and 2 2022 1st round picks. That's the price. 2nd pick: Zach Wilson. Free Agency: Chris Carson (cheap contract). Carson + Pollard is a good combo. No need for another WR imo. Amari, Lamb, Schultz, Jarwin, and Wilson are enough weapons in the passing game imo.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@lk8701 Of the three Dak, Zeke, and Gallup, Gallup has the most value right now.

Dak has no value since he can’t pass a physical right now. No team is trading anything for Dak until he can pass a full physical with running, cutting, throwing, and independent doctors MRI and x-raying. Dak is not passing a physical until August at the earliest. No team is interested in a QB of questionable talent, coming off a horrific injury, and wants $35-40M/year and $110M guaranteed on a $200M contract. AND can’t pass a physical.

Zeke just stunk up the joint and couldn’t even get 1000 yards. His head is all screwed up and likes his low key fades. No one is paying $10M+ per year for that. Zeke is average and no team is crazy to spend that much money on a RB who is low key fading away.

So, that leaves Gallup on the final year of his contract which is worth about a 3rd round pick if you find a team needing a WR and willing to part with a pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The Jets have the 2nd overall pick, the 23rd overall pick, and 2 2022 1st round picks. That's the price. 2nd pick: Zach Wilson. Free Agency: Chris Carson (cheap contract). Carson + Pollard is a good combo. No need for another WR imo. Amari, Lamb, Schultz, Jarwin, and Wilson are enough weapons in the passing game imo.
no thanx.
this is the one time "we like our guys" actually should be followed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
wow these posts get more far fetched daily..welcome to 2021 the only year to make 2020 look like walk through..

:welcome:

:popcorn:

:facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
@lk8701 Of the three Dak, Zeke, and Gallup, Gallup has the most value right now.

Dak has no value since he can’t pass a physical right now. No team is trading anything for Dak until he can pass a full physical with running, cutting, throwing, and independent doctors MRI and x-raying. Dak is not passing a physical until August at the earliest. No team is interested in a QB of questionable talent, coming off a horrific injury, and wants $35-40M/year and $110M guaranteed on a $200M contract. AND can’t pass a physical.

Zeke just stunk up the joint and couldn’t even get 1000 yards. His head is all screwed up and likes his low key fades. No one is paying $10M+ per year for that. Zeke is average and no team is crazy to spend that much money on a RB who is low key fading away.

So, that leaves Gallup on the final year of his contract which is worth about a 3rd round pick if you find a team needing a WR and willing to part with a pick.
:facepalm: stop huffing paint Zeke behind 3rd string OL, 4 qbs, defense having us 3 scores in the hole, bad coaching decsions. and he had covid to star season and then 2 leg injuries' him nearly getting 1k is not stinking that is about all you could expect..

but nice to be hater and ignore 17 valid reasons for bad 2020 and simply say he stunk

lmao

haters hate 100% we know where you stand and its on the wrong wide of common sense..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
:facepalm: stop huffing paint Zeke behind 3rd string OL, 4 qbs, defense having us 3 scores in the hole, bad coaching decsions. and he had covid to star season and then 2 leg injuries' him nearly getting 1k is not stinking that is about all you could expect..

but nice to be hater and ignore 17 valid reasons for bad 2020 and simply say he stunk

lmao

haters hate 100% we know where you stand and its on the wrong wide of common sense..

You got an excuse for everything. What’s your excuse for the 6 fumbles? Can’t wait to hear this.

What’s your excuse for him posting a video of him low key fading while quarantined at home with COVID? Can’t wait to hear this.

Would Dalton have done much better if not for 3rd string OL, bad coaching decisions, defense leaving him 3 scores behind, and a concussion? Can’t wait to hear this. Or does Dalton just stink?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tom Brady just did. He recruited Gronk, AB, and Fournette. All 3 of those players wouldn't have signed in Tampa Bay if it wasn't for Brady.
they were mostly all FAS not players with big deals or deals coming up..FREE is FREE to join whomever whenever..not even close to the same..

Proof

Reaction score
nice try sean mcvay.
no.
no thanks.

I’m not condoning this trade, but we wouldn’t have to find a wr w/ amari and lamb, I think pollard could be a feature back, but even if not finding a capable guy can be done extremely cheaply. And I’d like to keep Dak by almost any means, but two firsts is compelling

lk8701

Reaction score
I’m not condoning this trade, but we wouldn’t have to find a wr w/ amari and lamb, I think pollard could be a feature back, but even if not finding a capable guy can be done extremely cheaply. And I’d like to keep Dak by almost any means, but two firsts is compelling

Drafting Zach Wilson with the 2nd overall pick is the key to the deal. Wilson has garnered some Aaron Rodgers comparisons. Mike McCarthy's helped develop Rodgers. If McClay and McCarthy think he has that potential then they should pull the trigger.

lk8701

Reaction score

Former GM Mike Tannenbaum suggested that the Bears should trade 3 1st round picks for Dak. IMO that's more unrealistic than my trade scenario.

cowboyec

Reaction score
im not opposed to moving Dak if a deal can't be reached.
but im not throwing in players to sweeten the pot.
you either want my QB or you don't.
im not pullin' a mcvay to make it happen.
i'll also say just because a team like the jets has multiple picks...doesnt mean they don't wanna use them.
and theres no guarantee they want Dak.