Would Dak agree to a sign & trade if we include Zeke & Gallup?

blueblood70

Reaction score
ahh the bored internet madden Gms are in full effect smh..man this will be the longest year ever given 2020 mess and now this keeps going on..

please make decision on dak asp so this forum can shut up and then complain about what jerry did wrong with the deal..that will go on forever..we are in groundhog day with dals deal..

:facepalm:

lk8701

Reaction score
im not opposed to moving Dak if a deal can't be reached.
but im not throwing in players to sweeten the pot.
you either want my QB or you don't.
im not pullin' a mcvay to make it happen.
i'll also say just because a team like the jets has multiple picks...doesnt mean they don't wanna use them.
and theres no guarantee they want Dak.

I agree this trade is specifically to facilitate a trade with the Jets. It has to satisfy all 3 parties involved: Cowboys, Jets, and Dak. No way Dak agrees to go to the Jets as presently constituted. It's not just a matter of sweeting the pot for the Jets. It's also about getting Dak to agree to sign with the Jets. I would ask for the 2nd overall pick, the 3rd overall pick, and 2 2022 1st round picks.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
You got an excuse for everything. What’s your excuse for the 6 fumbles? Can’t wait to hear this.

What’s your excuse for him posting a video of him low key fading while quarantined at home with COVID? Can’t wait to hear this.

Would Dalton have done much better if not for 3rd string OL, bad coaching decisions, defense leaving him 3 scores behind, and a concussion? Can’t wait to hear this. Or does Dalton just stink?

Yes, Dalton just stinks.

lk8701

Reaction score
Jets won't do it.

Are you 100% sure? What if they aren't high on the 2021 QBs with the exception of Lawrence who won't be available? The 2022 QB class is supposed to be weaker. Dak, Zeke, Gallup, + a free agent addition like Chris Godwin or at least Golladay would immediately bolster the offense. Robert Saleh's coaching will bolster the defense. They can contend for a playoff spot.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure? What if they aren't high on the 2021 QBs with the exception of Lawrence who won't be available? The 2022 QB class is supposed to be weaker. Dak, Zeke, Gallup, + a free agent addition like Chris Godwin or at least Golladay would immediately bolster the offense. Robert Saleh's coaching will bolster the defense. They can contend for a playoff spot.
I'm 90% sure and I will take those odds.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Former GM Mike Tannenbaum suggested that the Bears should trade 3 1st round picks for Dak. IMO that's more unrealistic than my trade scenario.

I’ll take that in a heartbeat. 3 First round picks. Like I said. Absolutely no offers until Dak can pass a physical. Teams aren’t dumb.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Giving Dak a nonexclusive franchise tag and hoping to receive 2 1st rounders isn't ideal. Dak would most likely sign with a team like the Saints (28th overall pick) or Colts (21st overall pick). Both teams would make the playoffs again with Dak so the 2022 1st rounder won't be high either. Obviously letting Dak play out another year on the franchise tag would make it impossible to tag him the following season. The Cowboys would risk losing him without getting back any draft picks (other than a measly compensatory 3rd round pick). I would try to negotiate a sign and trade with Dak. I think including his best friend Zeke would be attractive for Dak (although the team trading for him wouldn't be thrilled but it's the price you pay for getting Dak. Example Antonio Brown to the Bucs because of Brady). Gallup is a stud but only has 1 year left on his rookie deal so throwing him in would be tough but might be necessary. The options for Dak in my order of preference:

1. Sign and Trade using the exclusive franchise tag. Include Zeke and Gallup to appease Dak and the Cowboys can save money.

2. Give Dak the nonexclusive franchise tag and get 2 1st round picks (most likely late 1st round picks)

3. Re-sign Dak to a long term contract.

4. Let Dak walk after playing under the franchise tag for 1 more season. The Cowboys would only get a compensatory 3rd round pick.

Why would any team make the playoffs just because they signed Dak?
Dak's stature keeps growing and growing, doesn't it?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I agree this trade is specifically to facilitate a trade with the Jets. It has to satisfy all 3 parties involved: Cowboys, Jets, and Dak. No way Dak agrees to go to the Jets as presently constituted. It's not just a matter of sweeting the pot for the Jets. It's also about getting Dak to agree to sign with the Jets. I would ask for the 2nd overall pick, the 3rd overall pick, and 2 2022 1st round picks.
im not adding players,picks or anything else.
its our player...AND NOTHING ELSE.

lk8701

Reaction score
Why would any team make the playoffs just because they signed Dak?
Dak's stature keeps growing and growing, doesn't it?

The Colts and Saints already made the playoffs last season with old QBs. Replacing an old Philip Rivers or old Drew Brees with Dak certainly won't make either team worst.

lk8701

Reaction score
im not adding players,picks or anything else.
its our player...AND NOTHING ELSE.

Fair enough. That's what makes a sign and trade complicated. The easiest option would be the nonexclusive franchise tag. Dak signs with whatever team he wants and the Cowboys receive 2 1st round picks.

lk8701

Reaction score
I’ll take that in a heartbeat. 3 First round picks. Like I said. Absolutely no offers until Dak can pass a physical. Teams aren’t dumb.

He also suggested Dak for Watson straight up. Now I would take that in a heartbeat!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He also suggested Dak for Watson straight up. Now I would take that in a heartbeat!
And Houston wouldn't do it.

Lordy man! I want to live in your Fantasy-Land!
It has to be fun!

lk8701

Reaction score
Can the Cowboys apply the exclusive franchise tag first then change it into a nonexclusive franchise tag later? Do they have to decide which one to use by March 9th?

lk8701

Reaction score
And Houston wouldn't do it.

Lordy man! I want to live in your Fantasy-Land!
It has to be fun!

Lol. I know Houston wouldn't do it. That was Mike Tannenbaum's suggestion. I think Dak + the 10th overall pick for Watson would be a possible consideration.

JBS

Reaction score
Embarrassing thread. People are stupid if they think Dak won't accept a trade. It's all about dollars, if a team pays Daks price..he will sign..period.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, this thread is actually pretty tame from what OP is capable of (LOL)