Would Dak crack the Cowboys top-5 Best QB list? Me, I say no

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Craig Morton?

Craig "Interception, Touchdown" Morton?

The only Super Bowl starting QB to score a ZERO passer rating, that Craig Morton?

No!

Absolutely not!

1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
5. Tie - Tony Romo & Dak Prescott
Good list. But to tie romo and prescott is not fair to romo imo.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Craig Morton?

The only Super Bowl starting QB to score a ZERO passer rating, that Craig Morton?

No!

Absolutely not!

1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
Interestingly enough, me Morton he won his share of collegiate wins, playoff games in the NFL and took the Broncs to the Super Bowl. I await your QB love Dak to be that accomplished.
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White
6. Dak
7. Tony "Bobble" Romo

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White

You chaps might have different ideas.

Holla and brings me a dollah
Is it April the 1st????????????? :muttley:
Put Dak right above Quincy.
Dak is in a very very selective group of QBs (Pls see below) but yet is NOT a top 5 QB in the long tradition of excellence we have been spoiled with through the years.

shabazz

Reaction score
Craig Morton?

No!

Absolutely not!

1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
Got to admit that both Romo and Rayne put up some good stats.....in the regular season, though.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, me Morton he won his share of collegiate wins, playoff games in the NFL and took the Broncs to the Super Bowl. I await your QB love Dak to be that accomplished.
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White
6. Dak
7. Tony "Bobble" Romo
I think you could pretty much throw a blanket over 3-5.
Got to give the edge to Romo as overall he did not have the teams and coaching that Dak has had. By the time he was a real vet starter, he had a misplaced DC and a Jethro wonder boy as HC, at least Dak has had a real HC, and while Romo had a very good team for three of his starting years (2007-2009) he never had a complete team afterwards to go along with a not qualified HC.
But both he and Dak had to carry around the dead weight of Jethro the whole time

kskboys

Reaction score
I think you could pretty much throw a blanket over 3-5.
Got to give the edge to Romo as overall he did not have the teams and coaching that Dak has had. By the time he was a real vet starter, he had a misplaced DC and a Jethro wonder boy as HC, at least Dak has had a real HC, and while Romo had a very good team for three of his starting years (2007-2009) he never had a complete team afterwards to go along with a not qualified HC.
But both he and Dak had to carry around the dead weight of Jethro the whole time
Noooooooo, not even. Meredith is easily 2nd or 3rd. Not that far below Staubach.

Jethro builds his O's mostly dependent on the QB having to play hero ball to win. Which is what happens when you have a non-football guy in charge. He quite simply does not understand the intricacies of NFL football, and doesn't even try to. Don't forget his statement: "You don't need a good OL if you have a mobile QB."

Man, there are a pile of 15 year old NFL fans out there that know this is pure BS, how in the world does Jethro not know this?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Morton was the epitome of a bus driver. He wasn’t a good passer most of the time.

I’d take Morton off the list and probably put Romo at 5. But if Dak takes us to the playoffs a couple more times, he’ll surpass Romo.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White

Only change I would make is swapping #4 and #5. Danny might even deserve #3. Romo would be #6 followed by Dak at #7.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only change I would make is swapping #4 and #5. Danny might even deserve #3. Romo would be #6 followed by Dak at #7.
Agree on your first sentence, but Danny White was not close to Meredith, who is easily top 3. White at 4.

75boyz

Reaction score
At some point "regardless" of surrounding cast, the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys has to show his ability to get some kinda post season success.

Dak has not.

Your list is a good one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White

That’s a good pecking order . Might place Danny at 4.

And there’s an argument to be made that since Morton only started 2 full seasons (1969 and 1970)his Cowboys career doesn’t stack up against #6 and #7 who would be Romo and Prescott.

Morton’s entire body of work including his years in Denver would warrant his 4th slot.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Danny white was just as bad of a choker idk why people are trying to rewrite history with him. For people who don't believe me here are his playoff stats Danny White had a passer rating of 71.6 with 2,284 yards, 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs in his career.

erod

Reaction score
Danny white was just as bad of a choker idk why people are trying to rewrite history with him. For people who don't believe me here are his playoff stats Danny White had a passer rating of 71.6 with 2,284 yards, 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs in his career.
You must have not watched. He inherited old players from the 70s teams and carried them on his back.