Would Dak crack the Cowboys top-5 Best QB list? Me, I say no

ICP

Reaction score
Craig Morton?

Craig "Interception, Touchdown" Morton?

The only Super Bowl starting QB to score a ZERO passer rating, that Craig Morton?

No!

Absolutely not!

1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
5. Tie - Tony Romo & Dak Prescott
Yeah, this looks about right to me. Although I liked Romo more than Dak and think if he would have had a decent line in front of him earlier in his career he may have been a little more healthy later in his career.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White

You chaps might have different ideas.

Holla and brings me a dollah
I would only put Dak and Romo behind Roger, Troy, and Danny. Don was tough as nails, but he can’t rank above Dak and Tony as a QB. Of course, it’s hard to judge him due to the beating he took. Craig Morton had a great arm, but he was a statue. No way he should be rated that high. I definitely take Danny White over Dak and over Romo.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would only put Dak and Romo behind Roger, Troy, and Danny. Don was tough as nails, but he can’t rank above Dak and Tony as a QB. Of course, it’s hard to judge him due to the beating he took. Craig Morton had a great arm, but he was a statue. No way he should be rated that high. I definitely take Danny White over Dak and over Romo.
Yes he can, and he does. Easily. It's not even really close. Don ranks right up there w/ Aikman.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Only change I would make is swapping #4 and #5. Danny might even deserve #3. Romo would be #6 followed by Dak at #7.
Wait a minute. You said Dak sucks because he can’t win a SB. Danny White never won a SB. Now, move the goal posts.

Sandyf

Reaction score
For me:
1. Staubach
2. Aikman
3. Prescott
4. Romo
5. White
6. Meredith
7. LeBaron

kskboys

Reaction score
For me:
1. Staubach
2. Aikman
3. Prescott
4. Romo
5. White
6. Meredith
7. LeBaron
You have failed to do your research on Meredith. Don't put a guy close to last just because you didnt' see him play.

Dallas David Carr'd Don. Absolutely terrible team during his first 6 seasons and Don got beat up badly. When they team finally got good, Don started leading them to the playoffs. Too bad he was so beat up it led to early retirement.

morat1959

Reaction score
No matter which 5 and what order you list them, Dak ain’t even in the conversation!

erod

Reaction score
Romo is not ahead of Aikman.

No freaking way man.
Troy had the perfect team. But he couldn't move and throw under pressure at all. Tony could, and with the same accuracy.

Troy would have been maimed on Tony's teams and would have had a forgettable short career.

Clarke82

Reaction score
Morton was the epitome of a bus driver. He wasn’t a good passer most of the time.

I’d take Morton off the list and probably put Romo at 5. But if Dak takes us to the playoffs a couple more times, he’ll surpass Romo.
Morton was a brilliant passer. Strong and Accurate arm. His issue was playing hurt when he shouldn't have. In 1970 Craig played the second half of the season and playoffs with a compromised throwing shoulder.
He also lacked the mobility to avoid the pass rush.

I would echo the OP's ranking.