Would Dak crack the Cowboys top-5 Best QB list? Me, I say no

erod

Reaction score
Lol always excuses for him
In not saying he was the best, but Pearson, Dorsett, Hill, Too Tall, Randy, the offensive line, etc, we're all in their 30s by then. They got slow, and then there was a LONG run of horrible drafting in the early 80s.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak is the best Dallas Cowboy QB of all-time.
If by that you mean the level at which they play and the physical and mental toolset they bring to the table.
He will own most of the passing awards this year and already has many of the single season awards.
He just finished 2nd in MVP voting.
He's a physical machine with year-round nutrition, weight training and specific position training.
He knows defenses and watches insane amounts of film.

BUT he is not the best QB versus his peers of an era. Roger was on a different tier than his peers.
Aikman brought accuracy and consistency that is common now but was not back then.

All QBs were less athletic and less physically imposing 30 years ago.

Roger was the best QB of his era.
Meridith was top 5 but close to 5.
Aikman was top 5 but close to 5.
Dak is probably 6-9 but just inside a QBs peak years.
Romo was 6-9 but injuries pushed him closer to 9.

gtb1943

Reaction score
In not saying he was the best, but Pearson, Dorsett, Hill, Too Tall, Randy, the offensive line, etc, we're all in their 30s by then. They got slow, and then there was a LONG run of horrible drafting in the early 80s.
Three straight NFC championship games kind of makes this claim look silly

gtb1943

Reaction score
Danny white was just as bad of a choker idk why people are trying to rewrite history with him. For people who don't believe me here are his playoff stats Danny White had a passer rating of 71.6 with 2,284 yards, 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs in his career.
stats are dumb when comparing that era to now. He got to THREE STRAIGHT NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

rags747

Reaction score
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White

You chaps might have different ideas.

Holla and brings me a dollah
Danny was better than Morton, now if Morton did not hurt his shoulder in 69 then it may be a different story. Morton finally did show why he was so highly regarded coming out of Cal with his 2-3 year run with the Broncos. Howitzer for an arm and a beautiful deep ball.

rags747

Reaction score
The better question is probably Which QB would you select for a key or Championship game. Top 2 would be easy, after that it would get interesting.

plasticman

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, me Morton he won his share of collegiate wins, playoff games in the NFL and took the Broncs to the Super Bowl. I await your QB love Dak to be that accomplished.
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White
6. Dak
7. Tony "Bobble" Romo
In spite of Craig Morton. he played terribly in two Super Bowls for two different teams.

He basically had one successful strategy......throw long to Bob Hayes.

His playoff quarterback rating was 42.0. He completed 40% of his passes, threw 9 TD's and 14 INT's. His average yards per attempt was 4.57. In the Super Bowls he had a combined rating of 20.0. He threw for 1 TD and 7 INT's in those two Super Bowls.

Only John Elway has thrown more INT's in the Super Bowl. He threw 8 in 5 games. Morton threw 7 in two games. He was terrible.

The only redeeming qualities for Craig Morton as a Cowboy was that his poor play led to Landry opening the competition and giving the job to Staubach. Also, the Cowboys traded him to the Giants for their #1 pick the next draft and that happened to be Hall of Famer Randy White.

kskboys

Reaction score
1. Staubach. Far and away #1.
2/3 Aikman/Meredith. Really hard to separate the two, they're tied for 2nd.
4. White
5. Morton
6-10. Pick 'em.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Danny white was just as bad of a choker idk why people are trying to rewrite history with him. For people who don't believe me here are his playoff stats Danny White had a passer rating of 71.6 with 2,284 yards, 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs in his career.
He could at least make it to title games before the glitch manifested itself. Prescott has had better teams than White, and will never play in three NFC Championships, let alone three in a row.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
1. Staubach. Far and away #1.
2/3 Aikman/Meredith. Really hard to separate the two, they're tied for 2nd.
4. White
5. Morton
6-10. Pick 'em.
Aikman was far better than Meredith, and was a better playoff QB than Staubach who's teams should have won two more SBs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody that hates Dak would really hate Danny White.

Danny threw INTs are the very worst times.