Would Jerry make Kellen Moore HC to keep him from other teams?

mooseq

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking if our offense far exceeded expectations and this team made it far into the playoffs. I couldn’t imagine Kellen Moore not getting phone calls from other teams regarding head coach positions. Do you think Jerry would move on from Jason Garrett and make Kellen Moore the head coach?

Mods: Please correct Kellen’s name in the title

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe he won’t want to he a HC yet. If he does then JJ will have a choice to make. If not then give Moore 5 million a year.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
It would be better to keep JG as the Head Coach, give Marinelli his walking papers, promote Kris Richard to full fledged DC, and give Moore a raise to remain OC.

JG can be the 'process' guy, Kellen can keep fine tuning the offense / get some more skins on the wall, and Richard can scrap Marinelli's outdated mentality of how he treats interior DL.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Seems to be the thing in the nfl of hiring a young hc. I don't think Moore is ready to be a HC. He needs to stick to OC for a while. (at least another year lol)

He has had only one game. I liked the game plan but I am not ready to anoint mr Moore yet. Let's see how he does when facing adversity or a decent defense. Please Moore, make a believer out of me, plllleeeaaassse.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Don’t think it will happen after just one season. Garrett to lifetime front office position, Richard or Lincoln Riley to HC, Moore with a fat raise to stay OC.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We've already had this discussion. Here is what I've already said on the topic. Maybe you'll read it here.

I think you are very close to diagnosing this situation right but you have one critical component all wrong. Jason Garrett is a great evaluator of talent and is misplaced at his current job as HC but he shouldn't be allowed to walk as you say, he should be promoted. You are right about Jerry needing to keep his ego in check, he needs to do the right thing by giving up the GM responsibilities and make room for Garrett in the Front office with the GM title. This will make room for Kellen Moore to become our HC and prevent him from being poached by another team.

The Jones boys see the coaching greatness they have in Kellen Moore. It's evident when he is moved from player to QB coach to OC in progressive seasons. They are not going to allow him to be recruited away from this franchise. They have a clear career path for this young man and its nothing short of being the HC for the Dallas Cowboys for decades to come.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seems to be the thing in the nfl of hiring a young hc. I don't think Moore is ready to be a HC. He needs to stick to OC for a while. (at least another year lol)

He has had only one game. I liked the game plan but I am not ready to anoint mr Moore yet. Let's see how he does when facing adversity or a decent defense. Please Moore, make a believer out of me, plllleeeaaassse.
He has a whole season to impress you and he will. KM is the real deal football genius. He's been drawing up plays from thin air most of his life. Anyone with a football background that comes in contact with him agrees, he doesn't belong one the field as a player, he has a greater role to contribute as the mastermind that draws up the plays and calls them from the sideline at the right time.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Moore getting HC offers is ridiculous. I think everyone is looking at McVey as the prototype, young talented offensive guru. McVey starting coaching for the Commanders in 2010. He spent 3 years as OC. Then he go his shot with the Rams. Let's see - Kellen Moore spends 1 year as QB coach, 1 game as an OC and we are already talking about him as an NFL head coach?

Can we wait and see how he does against the Pats?

Another thing - Does anyone truly believe Moore's career arc is going to be a straight line up? Anyone? He will struggle sometime.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
This is like 4th or 5th (including one by yours truly) thread covering this question.......lol

Put a marker here and REMEMBER the first game this offense stalls and the bombardment of criticism fills the board. Then me and you will reply to each other

"Remember when we had 4, 5 or more threads about KM?"

:cool:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Garrett to the front office? Why? Are we giving Garrett credit for this roster? No way.

No. He is family to Jerry so I know it’s going to be hard for Jerry to fire him straight out. Offering a front office job will soften the blow for everyone so I just happen to think it’s a likely scenario. By all accounts Garrett is liked by everyone and he has a place in the NFL, it’s just not being a head coach. They just have to find that role where he can help the team have success.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore getting HC offers is ridiculous. I think everyone is looking at McVey as the prototype, young talented offensive guru. McVey starting coaching for the Commanders in 2010. He spent 3 years as OC. Then he go his shot with the Rams. Let's see - Kellen Moore spends 1 year as QB coach, 1 game as an OC and we are already talking about him as an NFL head coach?

Can we wait and see how he does against the Pats?

Another thing - Does anyone truly believe Moore's career arc is going to be a straight line up? Anyone? He will struggle sometime.

Moore only has to continue what he did sunday and teams will descend upon him. Imagine the Miami Dolphins with the first pick in the 2020 draft and 3 legit rookie QBs from which to choose. They would absolutely hire a guy like Moore.