Would Jerry make Kellen Moore HC to keep him from other teams?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Moore only has to continue what he did sunday and teams will descend upon him. Imagine the Miami Dolphins with the first pick in the 2020 draft and 3 legit rookie QBs from which to choose. They would absolutely hire a guy like Moore.

No way. Dolphins just hired Brian Flores. They tore that thing down this season hoping that Flores has the Patriots magic with a bunch of picks.

JayFord

Reaction score
If we go deep in the playoffs Garrett is going to remain the coach for the next 2 seasons atleast

We would have to fork over big bucks to keep kellen

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking if our offense far exceeded expectations and this team made it far into the playoffs. I couldn’t imagine Kellen Moore not getting phone calls from other teams regarding head coach positions. Do you think Jerry would move on from Jason Garrett and make Kellen Moore the head coach?

Mods: Please correct Kellen’s name in the title
I seriously doubt if anyone will hand the keys to the team to a coach with only 2 years of experience. with that said, he has some nice tools he is working with in that OL, Dak, Cooper, Gallup, etc.....so can he take a less talented team and build them up? usually team change head coaches when he team is in the dumps....I think there is a 2% chance he gets a job offer for head coaching position.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about this........... name Richards and Moore Co-head coaches......... kinda like we did with Garret and Wade Phillips. JG becomes the honorary GM.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
He has a whole season to impress you and he will. KM is the real deal football genius. He's been drawing up plays from thin air most of his life. Anyone with a football background that comes in contact with him agrees, he doesn't belong one the field as a player, he has a greater role to contribute as the mastermind that draws up the plays and calls them from the sideline at the right time.
I hope you are right Joe. I believe in him but as the saying goes, "the proof is in the pudding".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Moore getting HC offers is ridiculous. I think everyone is looking at McVey as the prototype, young talented offensive guru. McVey starting coaching for the Commanders in 2010. He spent 3 years as OC. Then he go his shot with the Rams. Let's see - Kellen Moore spends 1 year as QB coach, 1 game as an OC and we are already talking about him as an NFL head coach?

Can we wait and see how he does against the Pats?

Another thing - Does anyone truly believe Moore's career arc is going to be a straight line up? Anyone? He will struggle sometime.
You are so wrong about Moore, but I'm happy to let Kellen do the talking in this case. He's going to win you over, no doubt about it. Just watch and see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Cowboys reach their goals Garrett will cement his place as HC. Moore” the pizza boy” will remain OC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why does anyone believe Moore wants to be a puppet HC? It takes a special breed to work under Jerry. I’d like to think Moore might have higher aspirations.

superonyx

Reaction score
Can we wait and see how he does against the Pats?

I agree that its ridiculous to already worry about him getting HC job offers. We don't even know if he would want that job.

But why hold him to the standard of performing against the Pats? How did McVey do against the Pats? Or the Steelers this week?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree that its ridiculous to already worry about him getting HC job offers. We don't even know if he would want that job.

But why hold him to the standard of performing against the Pats? How did McVey do against the Pats? Or the Steelers this week?
Agreed. I’m more interested in holding him accountable against the Saints, Packers, Eagles, Bears, Vikings and Rams.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

To be clear I used the Pats as an example. My point was let's not get the gold jacket ready too soon.