Would loss to Eagles ruin teams chances?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't beat the Eagles at Home then that would cement my thinking this team is going nowhere in the Playoffs. An Eagles win will likely show they are the class of the Division if not the Conference. And given how good SF has looked lately, it seems that any game against them in the Playoffs would be a repeat of last years game where they dominated/beat up the Cowboys.

You mean like the Rams losing the 49ers both times last season yet beat 49ers in post season? I want to beat Philly but win or lose does not mean crap. Unless you just like reading more into things that mean nothing.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Teams have lost twice to a division opponent and still ended up winning the Super.Bowl.

2007 Giants lost twice to Cowboys but won the SB.

There will be 3 wildcard teams from the NFC and the Cowboys are in the lead for that.
Cowboys 8-3
NYG 7-4
49ers 7-4

To win the division:
Cowboys must beat the Eagles and win 2 more games than the Eagles of the remaining 6.

OR

Cowboys lose to Eagles but win 3 more games than the Eagles of the remaining 6.

Assuming NYG does pull off a miracle.
I think its beat the Eagles and win 1 more than them, not 2

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't beat the Eagles at Home then that would cement my thinking this team is going nowhere in the Playoffs. An Eagles win will likely show they are the class of the Division if not the Conference. And given how good SF has looked lately, it seems that any game against them in the Playoffs would be a repeat of last years game where they dominated/beat up the Cowboys.

Hopefully the players and coaches dont think like you...

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Ya'll need to chill out. I've never in my life seen so many people scared of another team.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm only judging this team in the Playoffs. Now I reserve the right to talk bad about how they're playing, and what they need to work on haha.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The Cowboys beat Philly three times in 2009 but that Philly team wasn’t nearly as good as the team they have now. The Cowboys were hot entering the playoffs in 2009 beating Philly in the season finale to take the NFC East and they beat them the following week in the wildcard round. The Cowboys having to head to Philly in the playoffs would be like heading into a hornets nest. Philly would win by 2+ scores in my opinion. The only real chance the Cowboys have to reach the Super Bowl is to win the NFC East.
Have to disagree. Dallas isn't too bad on the road and they are really playing well together. I think we could beat Philly at home but we better play a good game. I think we have the better team if we can stay away from penalties and turnovers. jmho

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't won a road playoff game in 30 years. Losing to the Eagles means they'd have to win 3 on the road just to get to the SB. You do the math, OP.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I did go to an Eagles game many many years ago cause a friend of mine was a big 49ers fan and offered me a free ticket. The Eagles absolutely demolished Steve Young, Jerry Rice and the 49ers 40-8 (I think). Guess who won the Super Bowl that year? Hint: it wasn't the Eagles

My point is that regular season losses and matchups don't mean a thing. Just because we beat a team and someone else loses to that team doesn't mean we are better. It's about matchups and being hot a the right time. Personally, I think we matchup well with the Eagles. Maybe not in the run game defensively but we can run on them. We saw what Washington did. Ball control and run game can take down Philly. Man Christmas Eve is going to be exciting.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't won a road playoff game in 30 years. Losing to the Eagles means they'd have to win 3 on the road just to get to the SB. You do the math, OP.

You do have a point. That is a tough road.... especially if it lines up as @Tampa then @Philly then @San Francisco. We're literally flying back and forth across the country. Big game Christmas Eve y'all

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well it would sure put a nail in the coffin of winning the division.

Beyond that there's a lot of football to play and injuries happen things change could be a different scenario by the time the playoffs start.

We need to just concentrate on beating the colts and taking one game at a time

No the team needs to do that.. Us fans can do whatever we want and look as far into the future or the past as we want. What we do or say doesn't amount to even a small hill o beans..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Have to disagree. Dallas isn't too bad on the road and they are really playing well together. I think we could beat Philly at home but we better play a good game. I think we have the better team if we can stay away from penalties and turnovers. jmho

We got beat by Philly a few weeks ago in Philly. If we couldn’t beat them then good luck beating them in Philly in a playoff game. The last two times the Cowboys played in Philly in a do or die game they lost. One of those losses was a season finale elimination game back in 2008 and Philly won 44-6. This may be the best team Philly has ever had.

catiii

Reaction score
Loss to Eagles = season over and another year of the S O S!~

Loso86

Reaction score
Playoffs are different my friend

The_Playmaker

Reaction score
I expect to win against the Eagles. Dak is back, at home, tons of tape to watch now. The Cowboys are going to get the Dub!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
No the team needs to do that.. Us fans can do whatever we want and look as far into the future or the past as we want. What we do or say doesn't amount to even a small hill o beans..

My bad I'm a fan of the team so I said we when I should have said the team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Chances of what?

Winning the division? Yeah, losing a second time to the Eagles pretty ends any talk of a division title this year.

Winning in the playoffs? No, there are multiple examples of teams that lose twice to a division rival in the regular season but winning the third game in the playoffs. Cowboys and Giants in 2007 ring a bell? Or go back just last year, the Rams lost twice to the 49ers before beating them in the playoffs. And there are other examples as well because it is very hard to beat the same team three times in a row in one season.