Would loss to Eagles ruin teams chances?

75boyz

Reaction score
I think it would affect the team from both a confidence and mental toughness standpoint.
As Bob has mentioned previously, this team's historical lack of mental toughness for the playoffs needs to show as much improvement as any other aspect of the team going forward.

So with all that being said, I hope they beat the Eagles.

Last edited:

lukemartin79

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't beat the Eagles at Home then that would cement my thinking this team is going nowhere in the Playoffs. An Eagles win will likely show they are the class of the Division if not the Conference. And given how good SF has looked lately, it seems that any game against them in the Playoffs would be a repeat of last years game where they dominated/beat up the Cowboys.
That is true about SF, they seem to be getting better and better and this year they have McCaffrey with that defense. Not feeling good about them and I do believe in the end they will be the toughest NFC opponent. Even if they lose to the IGGLES again - if we were to see them in the playoffs I wouldn't bet on the IGGLES, its very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. That is not a given at all. It would just depend on what Dallas learned from the 2 previous games and what adjustments they make.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The 2020 Bucs got swept by the division-winning Saints before running the table in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl.
Similar to the Giants in 2007--which was mentioned earlier in this thread.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't beat the Eagles at Home then that would cement my thinking this team is going nowhere in the Playoffs. An Eagles win will likely show they are the class of the Division if not the Conference. And given how good SF has looked lately, it seems that any game against them in the Playoffs would be a repeat of last years game where they dominated/beat up the Cowboys.

I tend to think we're going nowhere in the playoffs until we go somewhere. Keeps me sane.

However, losing to the Eagles twice only means we have no chance at winning the NFC East or home-field advantage. We may not have a chance at that anyway since the Eagles have to lose two. Winning as a wild card is not an easy path, but it's been done as recently as 2020.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'll put it this way, of the six wildcard teams last season, only one advanced to the division round and it was the team that defeated the Cowboys.

That is very poor odds. The Cowboys, most likely, must catch up with the Eagles and they must defeat them in order to make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think its beat the Eagles and win 1 more than them, not 2
Yes, I'm including the win over the Eagles as 1 of 2.

If Cowboys beat Eagles
Dal 6 wins, Phil 4 wins
Dal 5 wins, Phil 3 wins
Dal 4 wins, Phil 2 wins
Dal 3 wins, Phil 1 win
Dal 2 wins, Phil 0 wins

If Cowboys Lose to Eagles
Dal 5 wins, Phil 2 wins
Dal 4 wins, Phil 1 win

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
that plays out only if no other wildcards win.

Absolutely Washington could go in an beat Minnesota, they almost did a couple weeks ago. Giants 9ers would be a low scoring game, anything can happen there.
I don’t think the Giants make the playoffs. I think Seattle and Washington are the other two wildcards.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you sure you are really a Cowboys fan or are you just trolling all of us? I'm thinking troll!

DStar22

Reaction score
it would not be the end of the world, but it would continue to show a weakness in huge game outcomes, which teams typically need in the playoffs.

the team has to prove itself to us. we can't do it for them. I remember 92 , when we had just come off a 7-9 record or something like that, and 2 years previous our worst record ever.. (1-15 i want to say? maybe 3-13 i can;t remember.)

anyway , no one realized we were going to win a SB until we did. sometimes it sneaks up on you when they are rebuilding... BUT they went 13-3 , I think, and they won big games.

Basically, you don;t know for SURE if your team is good enough , until it is lol.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Titans beat the iggles this weekend and the Cowboys beat the iggles on Xmas eve. The Cowboys will be the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Seems to be a lot of haters in here. Losing to the Eagles will NOT ruin our season.