Would Pederson give us a better chance at the SB instead of Garrett?

Blake

Reaction score
dont-let-your-dreams.gif

I've given up.
The real kick in the pants will be if Jerruh somehow manages to outlive me while retaining control of the franchise.

Sydla

Reaction score
So Wentz wasn’t healthy enough to play last year?

He had a broken bone in his back. They shut him down over concerns it could get worse. He tried to play through it and eventually the team shelved him.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Having an interesting conversation with a few Eagle fans. They think that the best two NFC teams in terms of talent are our Boys and the Eagles. Two of them believe that if Pederson was our HC instead of Garrett that we would be Super Bowl winners. Their reasoning:

1) Pederson has been able to keep a badly injured team competitive due to adjustments made in game--they don't always win (we beat them twice last year) but they rarely get blown out and keep it close.
2) Pederson has shown that he is willing to change the system to fit the players better than Garrett has shown.
3) Pederson simply makes better in game adjustments. He puts his players in a better position to win.
4) Dallas might have the best personnel on paper. They should have more playoff success than they do. That points to coaching.

Both the past two years, the Eagles have been hit hard with injuries--I think only the Commanders have been hit harder on the injury front. During the Super Bowl year, Pederson looked at old game footage of Foles under Kelly when he had that 27/2 year. Pederson took what worked under Kelly and incorporated it into his offense for Foles. Result: Super Bowl victory.

So, would Pederson have a better chance to lead us back to Lombardi heaven over Garrett?

Well brother IMO Garrett has proven conclusively at this point that he dose not possess the ability to ever get us to a SB no matter how much talent he has to work with and since Pederson has accomplished it already early in his coaching career I say yes

I have these same conversations with eagles fans all the time and the are very happy Garrett is our coach.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He had a broken bone in his back. They shut him down over concerns it could get worse. He tried to play through it and eventually the team shelved him.

giphy.gif

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I guess reading is fundamental because I asked you a simple question. What’s your point? What’s your argument?
Gee, I don't know...maybe the thread title can give you a clue. No one else seems to have an issue.

Altestic

Reaction score
How is that even possible? lol
Complicated story.

My father has lived in Philly collar metro most his life and my half brothers from my father are entirely born and raised there, Bucks county.

I grew up with my mother and grandmother (mom's mom) in San Antonio, Tx. most of my life however (thus the Cowboy fanhood). My mother never married my father (or any other man) and left her job in Philly to get the heck away from my father when I was 2 months old. I didn't meet my father and half brothers until I was 23.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Eagles fans massively overrate Doug Pederson. So does the segment of Cowboys fans that for some bizarre reason have an inferiority complex about the Eagles franchise.

Pederson's more aggressive than Garrett is, which is cool. He's a good coach, too. His players seem to like him well enough. Neither guy is better at getting an injured team to play well, neither has a particular advantage in close games (I don't believe, but the data could show me I'm dead wrong about that). Garrett's better at building and developing players. He's good at keeping them focused. He's mediocre on gameday and he's a mediocre motivator, but those things aren't as important as everybody likes to think since the entire staff is wired in on gamedays and motivation is more a thing at the high school level.

Reich was the gem of a coach in PHI in 2017, which is showing up in BUF now, too. And Roseman is a witch when it comes to putting together a roster. That's the primary reason why the Eagles are strong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like Garrett, but a lot of coaches might give us a better chance.

Pederson is an excellent game strategist; Garrett is not. Garrett has excellent leadership qualities but he brings little as far as in-game adjustments and the like.

LOL......You like Garrett? You just lost all credibility.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What did Peterson do last year with a Super Bowl team? He was doomed last year once people caught on to his gimmicks on offense.

Umm...........He lost his starting QB and other injuries and took his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

visionary

Reaction score
Having an interesting conversation with a few Eagle fans. They think that the best two NFC teams in terms of talent are our Boys and the Eagles. Two of them believe that if Pederson was our HC instead of Garrett that we would be Super Bowl winners. Their reasoning:

1) Pederson has been able to keep a badly injured team competitive due to adjustments made in game--they don't always win (we beat them twice last year) but they rarely get blown out and keep it close.
2) Pederson has shown that he is willing to change the system to fit the players better than Garrett has shown.
3) Pederson simply makes better in game adjustments. He puts his players in a better position to win.
4) Dallas might have the best personnel on paper. They should have more playoff success than they do. That points to coaching.

Both the past two years, the Eagles have been hit hard with injuries--I think only the Commanders have been hit harder on the injury front. During the Super Bowl year, Pederson looked at old game footage of Foles under Kelly when he had that 27/2 year. Pederson took what worked under Kelly and incorporated it into his offense for Foles. Result: Super Bowl victory.

So, would Pederson have a better chance to lead us back to Lombardi heaven over Garrett?

Of course Peterson is better than Garrett
The garbage on the sidewalk outside ATT stadium is better than Garrett

But I’m not so sure how good a coach Pederson really is. There have been rumors that a lot of what happened in the SB year was Frank Reich and what he did with the Colts was amazing

So let’s pump the breaks on Pederson for now

But, yeah, he’s better than Garrett

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. Eagles fans massively overrate Doug Pederson. So does the segment of Cowboys fans that for some bizarre reason have an inferiority complex about the Eagles franchise.

Pederson's more aggressive than Garrett is, which is cool. He's a good coach, too. His players seem to like him well enough. Neither guy is better at getting an injured team to play well, neither has a particular advantage in close games (I don't believe, but the data could show me I'm dead wrong about that). Garrett's better at building and developing players. He's good at keeping them focused. He's mediocre on gameday and he's a mediocre motivator, but those things aren't as important as everybody likes to think since the entire staff is wired in on gamedays and motivation is more a thing at the high school level.

Reich was the gem of a coach in PHI in 2017, which is showing up in BUF now, too. And Roseman is a witch when it comes to putting together a roster. That's the primary reason why the Eagles are strong.

Pederson won a SB in a season where his LT was on IR, his best LB was on IR, his best play making RB was on IR and their QB went on IR before the playoffs started.

Pederson is no Belichick for sure. Frankly, I am not sure I’d want him here in Dallas. But to diminish what he’s done in 3 years which is more than Garrett has done in 9 is kind of funny.

He’s proven more than Garrett. He’s won at a higher level than Garrett. To argue they are the same coach is really kind of bizarre.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Ehhh.........call me a conspiracy theorist then lol.

You must be. Your theory makes zero sense. If it was true they wouldn’t have just let Foles walk and then sign Wentz to that contract. I’m pretty sure it would’ve been the other way around if your ‘theory’ was true

mcmvp

Reaction score

This is another theory that makes me laugh...but only because it stems from people wanting it to be true because then it would me the Eagles only good coach left town.

And don’t get me wrong...Reich is a good coach (and it’s Indy, not Buff...Buffalo is where he played). But to just sit there and say most of the success can be attributed to Reich is just a bunch of, well, you know. First of all, how would one measure what Reich did? Doug called the plays. Doug made the game day decisions. Reich, and the rest of the coaches had input, sure. But spare me with the ‘he was the reason’ stuff...

Blake

Reaction score
A random hobo off the street could coach better than Garret.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You must be. Your theory makes zero sense. If it was true they wouldn’t have just let Foles walk and then sign Wentz to that contract. I’m pretty sure it would’ve been the other way around if your ‘theory’ was true
What do you mean? Foles was a free agent. They were all in on Wentz. They gave up too much capital.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pederson won a SB in a season where his LT was on IR, his best LB was on IR, his best play making RB was on IR and their QB went on IR before the playoffs started.

Pederson is no Belichick for sure. Frankly, I am not sure I’d want him here in Dallas. But to diminish what he’s done in 3 years which is more than Garrett has done in 9 is kind of funny.

He’s proven more than Garrett. He’s won at a higher level than Garrett. To argue they are the same coach is really kind of bizarre.

It seems bizarre to you because you’re in that group with the inferiority complex about the Eagles I mentioned.

Maybe go back and check the injury history for Garrett’s 13-3 2016 season. It may surprise you.

He was a 4th and Goal from the 2 from elimination in that Superbowl season. He did a great job that year, but let’s not pretend that coaching is the only element that comes into play with teams advancing in the postseason. It’s not diminishing him at all to compare him to a coach whose won more games overall against largely the same opponents the entire time Pederson has been in the league. Especially given how good that Eagles roster has actually been during that time. Garrett has generally outperformed him, head to head and overall. His teams haven’t had the same playoff success, but that doesn’t automatically mean the difference was coaching. The Falcons not calling a shovel pass on 2nd and goal and instead throwing the ball to Julio one more time might have been all the difference in that Superbowl run you’re hanging your entire evaluation off of.