News: Would Sam Darnold be an upgrade over Cooper Rush as Dak's backup?

Cmac

Reaction score
I think some on here think this is a Fantasy Football league with unlimited adds & drops to the lineup.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak is Dak, but Sam Darnold has been a first round bust in every sense of the term. If he's your idea of an upgrade then I'm glad you're not the GM of the Cowboys.
......maybe this is a by-product of someone listening and believing Skip Bayless one too many times.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
There are enough bad quartbacks in the league that someone else will give him money to maybe be the starter for a bit

Qcard

Reaction score
dArNoLd wOuLd tAkE dAk'S jOb.
Dak Haters are slobbering right now.....they'd love to have Carson Wentz cousin Darnold......

Dak Haters Love leadership vacuums......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cooper's sporting a 5-1 career record. If we get anyone better, Dak's job might be in danger!

5 years he's been in the league, started ONE game prior to this season and you say this........:facepalm::facepalm:. Put another way, one starting game over 4 years is enough to be an NFL starting QB. My goodness.......lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5 years he's been in the league, started ONE game prior to this season and you say this........:facepalm::facepalm:. Put another way, one starting game over 4 years is enough to be an NFL starting QB. My goodness.......lol

What Cooper did last year or 4 years ago is not relevant. Thats the problem with you Dak fan boys. 2016 is like yesterday. Cooper beat both super bowl teams from last year and is 4-1 this year. We can debate the reasons for that record and why Dak wet the bed against Tampa and failed in GB, but the fact remains the team is more successful with Cooper this year. Try to stay in the present.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Darnold is damaged between the ears. He is terrible under pressure. Find another young QB to develop is Rush becomes too expensive.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What Cooper did last year or 4 years ago is not relevant. Thats the problem with you Dak fan boys. 2016 is like yesterday. Cooper beat both super bowl teams from last year and is 4-1 this year. We can debate the reasons for that record and why Dak wet the bed against Tampa and failed in GB, but the fact remains the team is more successful with Cooper this year. Try to stay in the present.

So....he's worthy of an NFL starting QB job and min $20M per? Is that what you're saying.......staying in the present (lol)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
like jerry is going to bring in another guy who will look better than the 40m wonder

phildadon86

Reaction score
No retreads. Gimme a never before Head coach and new fresh meat college QB, DT, WR, OL, RB.
Gotta agree here. I am almost at the point where if this season ends in another first round exit and or not even reaching the playoffs. I am packaging together something to move up (regardless of cost) and bringing in a first round QB. Or wait another year and bring in Drake Maye. That kid looks like he is going to be an INCREDIBLE QB in the pros.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So....he's worthy of an NFL starting QB job and min $20M per? Is that what you're saying.......staying in the present (lol)

Based on what he did this year in 5 games, he deserves more of a chance than he's got here with Dak the firmly paid starting QB. 20M is a number you literally just invented, but I'd take him for 20M over Dak for 40M.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Based on what he did this year in 5 games, he deserves more of a chance than he's got here with Dak the firmly paid starting QB. 20M is a number you literally just invented, but I'd take him for 20M over Dak for 40M.

:facepalm: ..... we are done here

Jarntt

Reaction score
Yes he would, but he probably would cost quite a bit more also.