News: Would Sam Darnold be an upgrade over Cooper Rush as Dak's backup?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak can sport a 2-10 record, Cooper Rush isn't worth $20M. If you believe that, as I said, I'm wasting my time.

Like I said, you are making up numbers. In reality, Cooper would likely jump to sign a 3 year 40M deal with escalators for hitting certain numbers. The cap savings alone would buy us 2 new DTs and a CB which would go far more toward building a winner, than continually overpaying the underperforming Prescott.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gotta agree here. I am almost at the point where if this season ends in another first round exit and or not even reaching the playoffs. I am packaging together something to move up (regardless of cost) and bringing in a first round QB. Or wait another year and bring in Drake Maye. That kid looks like he is going to be an INCREDIBLE QB in the pros.
You are talking probably 4 first round picks to move up high enough to get a franchise QB. You realize that right

phildadon86

Reaction score
You are talking probably 4 first round picks to move up high enough to get a franchise QB. You realize that right
Yup I do. Or. Tank a season. If you are picking in the top 10 its much easier to move up than if you are in the 20s and 30s

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not next year. Nobody is spending that on Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. A lot depends on how far you want to move up. If we are moving from 25 into the top 10. 2 firsts and a second should get the job done.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not next year. Nobody is spending that on Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. A lot depends on how far you want to move up. If we are moving from 25 into the top 10. 2 firsts and a second should get the job done.
SF gave up 3 1st rounders and a 3rd to move up 9 spots to get an inferior QB prospect in Trey Lance

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup I do. Or. Tank a season. If you are picking in the top 10 its much easier to move up than if you are in the 20s and 30s
NFL teams rarely tank. This isnt the NBA. And a team that is 18-9 over the last two isnt going to tank for something they dont need. Our biggest hurdle over the last two years has been our run defense. So you are going to sell everything off for a lottery ticket at QB (even top 5 QB's have a high bust rate), when you already have a top 10 QB. Wouldnt it be smarter to keep your assets and use them to actually fix the weakness on the team?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF gave up 3 1st rounders and a 3rd to move up 9 spots to get an inferior QB prospect in Trey Lance

Yes, and that was completely off the trade value grid, widely panned as being stupid, and not something anyone is going to repeat. Its like the Walker trade. The league learned from Minnesota's mistake. SF doesn't have a first round pick until 2024 and Lance looks like a bust when he's not injured.

The only guy who might command that many picks in a trade isn't coming out for a few years. If he continues to develop, Arch Manning is worth 4 first round picks.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Threads like this keep showing us all that a large group of our of fans are Dak water carrying retards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s fools on this board that thinks Sam Darnold would be an upgrade over Dak. Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Like Cooper, he's a free agent after the season

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...d-like-to-get-sam-darnold-some-opportunities/
Panthers would like to get Sam Darnold “some opportunities”
Posted by Charean Williams on November 16, 2022, 9:51 PM EST

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/sam-darnold-25098/

Umm no is this an old post like before rush or iced he can b quality backup....oddest post this week ,; no ones safe not even a BU who didn’t play Sunday. :facepalm:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Like I said, you are making up numbers. In reality, Cooper would likely jump to sign a 3 year 40M deal with escalators for hitting certain numbers. The cap savings alone would buy us 2 new DTs and a CB which would go far more toward building a winner, than continually overpaying the underperforming Prescott.

Don't know how you say under performing. Teams go by numbers with a q.b. Dak is probably top 6 in that. So by the numbers. Dak is being paid what the going rate at his spot is.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, and that was completely off the trade value grid, widely panned as being stupid, and not something anyone is going to repeat. Its like the Walker trade. The league learned from Minnesota's mistake. SF doesn't have a first round pick until 2024 and Lance looks like a bust when he's not injured.

The only guy who might command that many picks in a trade isn't coming out for a few years. If he continues to develop, Arch Manning is worth 4 first round picks.
Its actually not off the value. It rather typical as far trading up into that range for a QB. Its similar to what the Eagles, Rams, and Commanders gave up to move up that high. And those teams were already picking in the early portion of the 1st. We will likely picking somewhere in the 20's, so we would have to give up more than that to move up for a franchise QB

Wangchung83

Reaction score
NFL teams rarely tank. This isnt the NBA. And a team that is 18-9 over the last two isnt going to tank for something they dont need. Our biggest hurdle over the last two years has been our run defense. So you are going to sell everything off for a lottery ticket at QB (even top 5 QB's have a high bust rate), when you already have a top 10 QB. Wouldnt it be smarter to keep your assets and use them to actually fix the weakness on the team?
He’s not top 10 just fyi, everyone agrees on the fact that Dak isn’t too 10 and that’s not even debatable anymore;).

leeblair

Reaction score

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s not top 10 just fyi, everyone agrees on the fact that Dak isn’t too 10 and that’s not even debatable anymore;).
Everyone in the echo chamber, or the real everyone. Because everyone outside the echo doesnt agree that he is not a top 10 QB