News: Would the Cowboys be interested in Deandre Hopkins next season?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

starfan1

Reaction score
If hes not still using PEDs hes of no use to us. Not worth the price to be paid!:laugh:

Creeper

Reaction score
I would be interested but I want to know what the Cardinals want for him. I have a feeling the draft picks are going to be more than I am willing to pay. Hopkins's $19 million salary number next year means whoever trades for him picks up a huge CAP hit. Gallup is due to make $11 million next year with a $14 million CAP hit. His salary is guaranteed for 2023. They could trade him and get a $3 million CAP save but if they only got a 5th for Cooper they would get nothing for Gallup. With CeeDee a free agent in 2024 they would be committing a lot of money to WRs.

I am sticking to my guns. They need to build a defense that can stop the run and pressure the QB, and an offense that can run the football taking the pressure off Dak. I'd rather spend the CAP space they have improving the offensive and defensive lines.

starfan1

Reaction score
I would be interested but I want to know what the Cardinals want for him. I have a feeling the draft picks are going to be more than I am willing to pay. Hopkins's $19 million salary number next year means whoever trades for him picks up a huge CAP hit. Gallup is due to make $11 million next year with a $14 million CAP hit. His salary is guaranteed for 2023. They could trade him and get a $3 million CAP save but if they only got a 5th for Cooper they would get nothing for Gallup. With CeeDee a free agent in 2024 they would be committing a lot of money to WRs.

I am sticking to my guns. They need to build a defense that can stop the run and pressure the QB, and an offense that can run the football taking the pressure off Dak. I'd rather spend the CAP space they have improving the offensive and defensive lines.
I think as much as Jerry was ticked at AC he paid the wrong receiver and i love Gallup.We need to grab a receiver that can get some separation. Not necessarily in the 1st mind you unless Harrison Jr drops (he wont) but we need 1. but youre right Tyrons done. Martin isnt as good as he once was but hes still good. We need a DT and a CB unforunately. We should have no problems in the draft filling a position of need at 26 (speculating) because we have many needs

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys must find a player in the 2nd round. They cannot afford to pick another player like Joseph who is not ready to play day 1.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Tempting, because Hopkins can grab poorly thrown passes with the best of them. Just happens to be our specialty
DHop had long enough range to go back and get those balls Dak regularly throws behind his target. Needs to grow another 8 feet to get those overthrown balls tho

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like D. Hopkins. I'm pretty sure he will be out of Stephen's price range, unfortunately. But, wouldn't it be nice to have C. Lamb and D. Hop on the field together?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
My guess is the Cowboys would be interested, but would need Arizona to pay part of his salary. Similar situation with what held up the Cooks deal. If they don't want to pay any money the return will be very interesting as this is a similar situation to the Cooper one from last year. Could some team end up with Dhop for a mid round pick?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If the day comes when Jerry stops playing footsy with every shiny object that parades by his face I'll throw a party! Fix your freaking defense and OL Jerry, that's what you need to do.
Jerry and Stephen are accused for not going after star players now accused of wanting shiny new objects? It can't be both. Where the big name players brought in as FA or trades? this year or last year or the year before that?

Naruto

Reaction score
Hopkins would be an incredible upgrade over Noah Brown. He gets the same type of separation but has infinitely better hands. Dak is not shy about trying to throw into tight windows either so he would be utilized

phildadon86

Reaction score
The Cowboys must find a player in the 2nd round. They cannot afford to pick another player like Joseph who is not ready to play day 1.
Any WRs in college right now that have had character issues, been kicked out of school, and or warrants?

Thats who Jerry drafts in the second round.